T Nation

Estrogen Too High?

I am 29, I did a cycle of test and dbol 18 months ago, and during the cycle I was shut down without much sex drive and erectile dysfunction. I stopped the cycle without tapering down at all, the only PCT I had was tamoxifen and it wasn’t really enough to do anything for me. I have been slowly recovering since, sex drive has been coming back slowly and morning erections have been getting stronger. I went to a urologist (waste of time) and got my hormonal profile.

Total testosterone 553
LH 3.1
Estradiol 40
prolactin 6.6
TSH and free T4 1.59
SHGB 34.32

I just don’t feel up to par on where I used to be with my libido as it was so high before the cycle. The urologist just said I was normal and that my ED/libido issues were psychological. I was thinking my LH was a bit low and E2 was a bit high, and maybe that could be a cause for the lower testosterone for a guy my age. I have been seriously thinking of doing a HPTA restart with HCG/clomid/nolva and an AI, but I don’t want to make things worst as I feel like I’m getting better. Maybe just a kickstart with the clomid to bring up my LH and an AI to bring down my E2? I brought this concern to you guys as I feel like this website has some of the brightest and knowledgable people to ask compared to other websites and the medical doctors in my community. Thank you for your time in reading this.

[quote]mikeyboy8 wrote:
I am 29, I did a cycle of test and dbol 18 months ago, and during the cycle I was shut down without much sex drive and erectile dysfunction. I stopped the cycle without tapering down at all, the only PCT I had was tamoxifen and it wasn’t really enough to do anything for me. I have been slowly recovering since, sex drive has been coming back slowly and morning erections have been getting stronger. I went to a urologist (waste of time) and got my hormonal profile.

Total testosterone 553
LH 3.1
Estradiol 40
prolactin 6.6
TSH and free T4 1.59
SHGB 34.32

I just don’t feel up to par on where I used to be with my libido as it was so high before the cycle. The urologist just said I was normal and that my ED/libido issues were psychological. I was thinking my LH was a bit low and E2 was a bit high, and maybe that could be a cause for the lower testosterone for a guy my age. I have been seriously thinking of doing a HPTA restart with HCG/clomid/nolva and an AI, but I don’t want to make things worst as I feel like I’m getting better. Maybe just a kickstart with the clomid to bring up my LH and an AI to bring down my E2? I brought this concern to you guys as I feel like this website has some of the brightest and knowledgable people to ask compared to other websites and the medical doctors in my community. Thank you for your time in reading this. [/quote]

it’s impossible to answer the question as you didnt include the ranges for your test…

however, estrogen is not the only hormone that can mess up your sex drive. Test/estrogen/progesterone all play a roll.

and prolactin affects your ability to get an erection.

T replacement forum…ask there. Just seems more applicable to that forum, even though you could be helped by many here. Your bloods are incomplete as mentioned.

I never found out my baselines before the cycle.

Okay, I went ahead and edited my lab work so you guys can see the reference ranges. I’m wondering if the ref. ranges for lab work varies from lab to lab? E.g. My total T is 553. That looks low compared to a total T of 1000, but since the ref. range for the lab is 160-726; maybe its not too low compared to other labs ref. ranges being total T: 300-1200? IDK much about the ref. ranges between labs, just seems logical. IMO

Total testosterone 553 (160-726)
LH 3.1 (1.5-9.3)
Estradiol 40 (0-56)
prolactin 6.6 (4.0-15.2)
TSH and free T4 1.59 (0.89-1.76)
SHGB 34.32 (13.32-89.50)

I just don’t feel up to par on where I used to be with my libido as it was so high before the cycle. The urologist just said I was normal and that my ED/libido issues were psychological. I was thinking my LH was a bit low and E2 was a bit high, and maybe that could be a cause for the lower testosterone for a guy my age. I have been seriously thinking of doing a HPTA restart with HCG/clomid/nolva and an AI, but I don’t want to make things worst as I feel like I’m getting better.

Maybe just a kickstart with the clomid to bring up my LH and an AI to bring down my E2? I brought this concern to you guys as I feel like this website has some of the brightest and knowledgable people to ask compared to other websites and the medical doctors in my community. Thank you for your time in reading this.

LH is highly variable–more so than FSH. It’s half life is something on the span of hours, so you can’t put too much stock in an LH reading unless it is 0 or above range, IMO. Most of the time, it is going to look fine as long as its working properly.

Your T is right smack in the middle of the range. Not a lot you can complain about there.

Your E2 is a bit higher than most guys report feeling good on, at least those on TRT. If it were me, I would try to use low dose Adex (like 0.5 mg/week in divided doses) for a few weeks and see if I saw any improvement. If so, you know that’s your culprit.

Prolactin,w hich you didnt test, could also be an issue but I’d start with E2.

Thank you VTBalla, I appreciate the insight brother. The E2 might just be the reason I don’t feel as well as I used to thanks to my ignorance with the high aromatizing gear I used (aka Test and Dbol) not to mention not using A.I’s during the cycle and no Pct beside a bit of tamoxifen.

Since then, I have been working out more lately (more cardio) and have been chomping down more protein and omegas fatty oils and have been feeling much better (better morning erections). I can remember having my ups and downs THough. During the later half of the 18 months post cycle time, it seemed when I used the hot tub and when I was not training; is when I felt the worst. During that time, the wood had vanished. I even had a hot redhead, young redhead (18 yrs old :)) in bed throwing herself at me (with the sexy fishnet stocking on and everything) and couldn’t understand why I couldn’t nail her like a stud. That is when I decided to be proactive so that I may have hopes of a recovery.