T Nation

Estrogen Is Every Where

So estrogen is in everything, in milk, cheese, beef, chicken, etc. So my question is aren’t we all fucked? I mean I guess we could try eating lean meat and drinking skim milk (since the fat itself has the estrogen), but wouldn’t decreasing the intake of fat also just decrease testosterone?

You encounter estrogen is your daily life constantly.

Your body has a built in mechanism for dealing with this.

You liver is quite capable of clearing those estrogens out of your system.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
You encounter estrogen is your daily life constantly.

Your body has a built in mechanism for dealing with this.

You liver is quite capable of clearing those estrogens out of your system.[/quote]

Did you ever know that you’re my Hero?

prospa7,

If you are talking about lowering cholesterol by reducing fat intake and therefore possibly lowering the chances of producing hormones from cholesterol, then maybe…

You’re right; the world we live in is filled with possible estrogen like compounds including phytoestrogens like those found in certain foods, and the release agent used when making plastic water bottles. So no bottled water!
While the liver is capable of clearing a certain amount of estrogen like compounds out of our system, the ones that are attached to receptor sites tend to stay there until a “new one” comes along to replace it, and not be removed by the liver in any significant concentration.

Especially the ones attached the HPTA that regulate our hormones. If we men can keep our receptor sites as estrogen free as possible, we will make more testosterone, because that is just what we do.

Man, i love being european. Using hormones on animals to be consumed is illegal :slight_smile:

[quote]drdo wrote:
Man, i love being european. Using hormones on animals to be consumed is illegal :)[/quote]

pretty easy to buy organic here.