T Nation

Estrogen Blocker - Bone Growth?

In another thread, where some 17 year old was adamant about aas cycles, it was mentioned that the cycles would cause his estrogen to shoot up and therefore stop his long bone growth. So, by that logic, would taking an estrogen blocker have the opposite effect and promote bone growth?

I could concievably have fairly high E based on a decent amount of fat over my pecs/nipples depsite a low bodyfat. I’m not looking for a miracle, but it got me thinking. I doubt that I don’t have growth plates. I make millimeterish progress, so they should be there.

Would this work?
Thanks for any insight. (I’m 16 and 5’6" fwiw)

IMO dont go and fuck with your hormones screwing with your E at your age is same as taking AAS your fing with your natural functions.

If anything limit your exposure to things like plastics, solvents etc. maybe take Rez-V etc but still

if you really think its an issue seek the opinion of your physician and get tests run

Phill

[quote]muscleshark wrote:
In another thread, where some 17 year old was adamant about aas cycles, it was mentioned that the cycles would cause his estrogen to shoot up and therefore stop his long bone growth. So, by that logic, would taking an estrogen blocker have the opposite effect and promote bone growth?

I could concievably have fairly high E based on a decent amount of fat over my pecs/nipples depsite a low bodyfat. I’m not looking for a miracle, but it got me thinking. I doubt that I don’t have growth plates. I make millimeterish progress, so they should be there.

Would this work?
Thanks for any insight. (I’m 16 and 5’6" fwiw)[/quote]

Aromatase inhibitors have succesfully been used to promote growth in adolescents by delaying the fusing of bones. I’m not sure about the exact mechanism of action though.

Don’t mess with your hormones, at least wait for them to even out. While you may believe you are in control doing so, knowing every side-effect etc. it often comes back to bite you at a later age.

I remember trying finasteride for a while, convinced I knew everything there was to know about the drug. Let’s just say I wish I waited a few years.

Thanks for the help, and yeah, RezV would definately be the farthest I would go if anything at all.

haha, there is absolutely nothing I could do to limit my exposure to plastics and solvents. they’re only everywhere.
If I asked one of the T-Nation coaches, which one should it be?