Estradiol: Why You Should Care

[quote]happydog48 wrote:
If I were you, I’d also be taking acetyl L-carnitine as there is good science coming in on its ability to help with androgen receptor upregulation. I buy it by the pound from Bulk Nutrition. Don’t bother with capsules.
[/quote]
Hey, Joyous Hound: How do you dose this bulk carnitine? (if the caps are not up to snuff? I’ve only used caps). What would be the amount for the standard “200 pound man”, & exactly what results are we shooting for here, only upreg or fat loss also?..

The caps are fine, it’s just that bulk is so much cheaper. You’re probably paying something like 80 cents a gram for caps while bulk is 5 cents a gram.

You just put 1/2 tsp into any drink. I usually add it to my pre-workout shakes as it also boosts neurotransmitter function which helps you lift more. On off days, I take it after my cardio to help with recovery.

As for effects, take what you can get. I’ve been using it as part of my anti-aging program for years. It’s only recently that I’ve been reading about the upregulation benefit.

1 Like

This is a great article, happydog48. Thanks so much for putting it together.

[quote]happydog48 wrote:
The caps are fine, it’s just that bulk is so much cheaper. You’re probably paying something like 80 cents a gram for caps while bulk is 5 cents a gram.

You just put 1/2 tsp into any drink. I usually add it to my pre-workout shakes as it also boosts neurotransmitter function which helps you lift more. On off days, I take it after my cardio to help with recovery.

As for effects, take what you can get. I’ve been using it as part of my anti-aging program for years. It’s only recently that I’ve been reading about the upregulation benefit. [/quote]

Kewl Beans, Tickled Cannie! U da’ Ma…er…Dog/:wink: I have only used the caps for pre-workout, will now also use for recovery per your protocol. When I run out my stash of caps, will consider the bulk option also…

[quote]“”"
If I were you, I’d also be taking acetyl L-carnitine as there is good science coming in on its ability to help with androgen receptor up regulation. I buy it by the pound from Bulk Nutrition. Don’t bother with capsules.
“”"

Don’t get discouraged. Our bodies are incredibly complex and it takes time to get everything dialed in. You just have to be patient and keep at it.

Good luck![/quote]

I buy in bulk too. Lipoic acid with that is of great benefit. EFAs such as fish oils are also important for the maintenance of the cell wall. These things help maintain or restore cell wall permeability.

Lipoic acid - Wikipedia - note “mercury”

Happydog, it is posts like yours that I classify as a true “gem” among the myriad of other posts. Bravo on communicating the mechanisms in plain English for many, and bravo for keeping it “high level” enough to keep most people’s attention.

Your post and the info it contains is an important one; one that definitely should be “stickied” for those interested in TRT in general.

Happydog and KSman,

I have a couple of questions:

After one month of Arimidex, 1mg per day, my blood work went from:

5:00 PM
Serum Test: 276 ng/dl (200-1000 ng/dl)
Free Test: 7 pg/ml (19-26 pg/ml)
Serum Estrogen: 2 ng/dl (.5-5.0 ng/dl)

to

9:00 AM
Serum Test: 540 ng/dl (200-1000 ng/dl)
Free Test: 16 pg/ml (19-26 pg/ml)
Serum Estrogen: 1 ng/dl (.5-5.0 ng/dl)

Starting last week, my urologist has me on the following regimen:

1. a weekly shot of 1 ml testosterone cypionate(200 mg/ml).
  2. 1 mg Arimidex per day
  3. a weekly shot of 1 ml HCG.

I just had my first shot of Test on Wednesday and felt very anxious. Is this a normal reaction for those beginning TRT?

I also felt anxious after today’s HCG injection.

I’m getting tired of the emotional roller coaster ride. Hopefully this will stop soon.

By the way, I’m scheduled to have my varicoceles repaired surgically…this is why I have the low testoserone.

Varicoceles and low test? Any more info on that? I got a whopper of a varicocele. It isn’t causing any problems that I know of, but if treating it will hedge my bet against low test then I’d think about treatment…if there was, in fact, a link between low test and varicoceles.

@Eggman

1mg ED of Arimidex is a pretty aggressive dose. I’d think about cutting that in half. We’re all different, but I do fine on .25mg EOD. E2 levels need dialing in. Too low can be just as bad as too high so you’ll need to find what works best for you.

I’d also want to go to an Every Other Day protocol for the testosterone and hCG. It isn’t uncommon for guys to feel the roller coaster effect on weekly injections and the more you inject at one time, the worse it is.

Test. cyp. has a half life of 1 to 12 days. This shows you that individual variation is a significant issue and so you need to talk about that with your doctor. What works for his other patients doesn’t mean squat. He needs to be willing to find what works for YOU. At this point in the game, it’s how you feel that should determine everything.

@deltaname

There is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to varicoceles. They can run the gamut from basically harmless to causing testicular shutdown and atrophy. Talk to your doctor about your specific situation.

1 Like

I had one test come back at E2 double the max. The next came back at 9 times the max. A certain famous doc (who I’ll name in PM only) had an excellent solution — reduce my T dose. When asked why no AI, his arrogant response was: “If I thought you needed an AI, I’d have prescribed one. Anyone disagreeing with me is just plain wrong!”

I truly hate anti-aging doctors with a passion.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I had one test come back at E2 double the max. The next came back at 9 times the max. A certain famous doc (who I’ll name in PM only) had an excellent solution — reduce my T dose. When asked why no AI, his arrogant response was: “If I thought you needed an AI, I’d have prescribed one. Anyone disagreeing with me is just plain wrong!”

I truly hate anti-aging doctors with a passion.[/quote]

This is actually malpractice. Not doing something is also harmful.

1 Like

[quote]happydog48 wrote:

As for effects, take what you can get. I’ve been using it as part of my anti-aging program for years. It’s only recently that I’ve been reading about the upregulation benefit. [/quote]

Dog, acytl-L Carnatine from beyond a century in pill form works. A buddy of mine had me take 2-2.5 grams immediately after workout for DOMS and it works GREAT! you are still a little sore and you are somewhat stiff, but workouts that would leave you not able to get off the toilet aren’t nearly that way the next day.

I am thinking of taking this product from beyond a century…

Anti Estrogen Formula
ANTI-ESTROGEN FORMULA. A dose of this formula contains 100mg DIM, 500mg chrysin, and 125mg nettle root extract, to help maintain healthy hormone levels** by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone or androstenedione to estradiol and estrone, with 5mg Bioperine to enhance absorption.

As well as ZMA Nightly to start my anti estradiol program. What do you guys think?

[quote]Brandell wrote:

Anti Estrogen Formula
ANTI-ESTROGEN FORMULA. A dose of this formula contains 100mg DIM, 500mg chrysin, and 125mg nettle root extract, to help maintain healthy hormone levels** by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone or androstenedione to estradiol and estrone, with 5mg Bioperine to enhance absorption.

As well as ZMA Nightly to start my anti estradiol program. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Regarding the formula…Scroll back to page one and my earlier post on the “anti-moobs” article…

[quote]Brandell wrote:

Anti Estrogen Formula

As well as ZMA Nightly to start my anti estradiol program. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Two problems with that “Anti Estrogen Formula.”

1. Chrysin is crap.
  1. Even if that formula was effective, it’s ridiculously expensive compared to anastrozole. Your Anti Estrogen Formula is 34 cents per dose and they suggest two doses a day. So you’re paying 20 bucks a month for something of limited (if any) effectiveness.

For someone not on TRT, you could easily get away with 4 drops of anastrozole every other day. That would cost you $1.35 a month for FDA proven results.

Don’t forget that if you need anti-E, you need it for the rest of your life. So $240 a year for a “maybe it works” or $16 a year for unquestionable results. It’s a simple choice for me.

Good points happydog. I am going to ask the doc for a blood test tomorrow. He is the cat that is more than willing to put me on a weekly test cycle if need be. I want to see what my estrogen levels are first. if they are up there then he and I need to talk about that.

How much is too high? In other words, what # am I looking for when checking the estrogen levels as for as a range is concerned?

[quote]Brandell wrote:
How much is too high? In other words, what # am I looking for when checking the estrogen levels as for as a range is concerned?[/quote]

This isn’t an English test where one score passes and a point below fails. If you have the symptoms of high E then it’s too high no matter what number comes back.

I’d want something in the bottom third of the range and I’d also want my total T to be 20 times (or more) greater than my E2.

FWIW, I’m at approx 800/20 and feel great.

Cool I will have the bloodtest done tomorrow and get the results say Tue or Wed. I will know more then.

BTW my last blood test in January had me at a test level of 250 :frowning:

I really appreciate this post. I am in my early 40’s and have come out of bb retirement from a time when I lived in a gym and trained all day, (1980’s and early 90’s).

After training very hard for about 9 months, I decided to self admin Enanthate and Deca to help reduce fat, and create positive nitrogen retention.

I am now, (maybe doing things backwards), calling my Doc to obtain a blood profile.

In the old days we trained hard, used some tests and decas etc, and ate right. I am going to research this subject to death, and your post is very much appreciated.

Thanks.