T Nation

Estradiol 51pg/ml, Doc Doesn't Seem Worried. Labs Lncluded


#1

Hey Guys,

ive been on trt for 6 months, 140mg weekly divided into 2 shots. Feel much better but have added some excess bf from witner bulk and developed slight water retention in ankles along with some back acne.

Doc didnt seem worried with the estradiol reading, said it was a little high but nothing too terrible. He is better than most but still has his flaws, the good thing is, he is open to listen to what I have to say. Im not convinced that its a non-issue but i dont have much to compare it too.

I know its a common issue with TRT and look to you guys that have experienced this. Is 50 pg/ml something that needs to be addressed? whats a good target to shoot for? how have you guys achieved this through your own TRT?

thanks guys, much appreciated.

Testosterone, Serum 1175 ng/dL 348 - 1197
Testost., F+W Bound 276.1 High ng/dL 40.0 - 250.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 44.6 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9
Dihydrotestosterone 93 High ng/dL 03
Estradiol 50.9 High pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6 01


#2

With your testosterone total and free at such a high range, I would not worry about your Estradiol being at 51. It’s really not high.
However, there are people in here that will jump up and down and insist you need it closer to 22 regardless of what your total and free test numbers are. I suppose the only way to find out is to experiment with Anastrozole and find out if being closer to 22 actually makes a difference on how you are feeling.

140mg of Testosterone a week looks like too much much for you. You may want to consider backing off to 125mg a week, or even 100mg a week. Your testosterone levels are higher than they need to be, that is why you are experiencing acne and retaining a bit of water. Having testosterone levels that high might make you feel great right now. However down the road you may run into problems… such as elevated Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. The excess water in your tissues can aggravate existing sleep Apnea problems, or push you over the edge if you were previously just borderline with sleep Apnea

Just my 2cents from my personal experiences.


#3

[quote]Dymitryy wrote:
With your testosterone total and free at such a high range, I would not worry about your Estradiol being at 51. It’s really not high.
However, there are people in here that will jump up and down and insist you need it closer to 22 regardless of what your total and free test numbers are. I suppose the only way to find out is to experiment with Anastrozole and find out if being closer to 22 actually makes a difference on how you are feeling.
140mg of Testosterone a week looks like too much much for you. You may want to consider backing off to 125mg a week, or even 100mg a week. Your testosterone levels are higher than they need to be, that is why you are experiencing acne and retaining a bit of water. Having testosterone levels that high might make you feel great right now. However down the road you may run into problems… such as elevated Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. The excess water in your tissues can aggravate existing sleep Apnea problems, or push you over the edge if you were previously just borderline with sleep Apnea

Just my 2cents from my personal experiences. [/quote]

Disagree not to worry about high e2 as he’s already experiencing elevated e2 side effects. Agree that lowering T dose is best initial course of action but feel that reduction of T from 140 to 100 mg per week will probably help but may not eliminate all e2 sides. I would try 50 mg test twice per week for two weeks, get labs done again and if e2 still elevated AND experiencing sides that are making you uncomfortable look into an AI.


#4

That E2 level is horrible. It is very unhealthy.
Almost all guys will do best near E2=22pg/ml.

Suggest that you take Rx 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections.

Please read these stickies:

  • advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

With lower E2, your SHBG will go down and FT will go up.


#5

[quote]KSman wrote:
That E2 level is horrible. It is very unhealthy.
Almost all guys will do best near E2=22pg/ml.

Suggest that you take Rx 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections.

Please read these stickies:

  • advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

With lower E2, your SHBG will go down and FT will go up.

[/quote]

thanks for the reply guys, ive read all those stickies back when i was considering trt, all was very helpful.

The doc talked about armoasin over adex. do you have any suggestions for that?

thanks guys, i think i do want the e2 to be lower


#6

[quote]xplicid01 wrote:
Hey Guys,

ive been on trt for 6 months, 140mg weekly divided into 2 shots. Feel much better but have added some excess bf from witner bulk and developed slight water retention in ankles along with some back acne.

Doc didnt seem worried with the estradiol reading, said it was a little high but nothing too terrible. He is better than most but still has his flaws, the good thing is, he is open to listen to what I have to say. Im not convinced that its a non-issue but i dont have much to compare it too.

I know its a common issue with TRT and look to you guys that have experienced this. Is 50 pg/ml something that needs to be addressed? whats a good target to shoot for? how have you guys achieved this through your own TRT?

thanks guys, much appreciated.

Testosterone, Serum 1175 ng/dL 348 - 1197
Testost., F+W Bound 276.1 High ng/dL 40.0 - 250.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 44.6 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9
Dihydrotestosterone 93 High ng/dL 03
Estradiol 50.9 High pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6 01

[/quote]

140 mg per week is likely unnecessary and most men do fine with 100 mg per week. If you lower you T dose, your estradiol will come down and you will not need an AI.

I have never taken an AI with all my time on T cyp, not even with my concomitant HCG dose of 1000 IU three times per week.

50 pg/ml is nothing to worry about so long as you do not have symptoms considering many men do just fine with E2 at 50 or less. I regularly test in the high 40’s (last time was 47 with a T value of 966 and I feel great).

A good range for T is 500 to 1000 with an E2 value of 50 or less.

My doc does not prescribe an AI for people who are not symptomatic with a level even a little above 50.

Why does your doc give 140 instead of 100?


#7

[quote]xplicid01 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
That E2 level is horrible. It is very unhealthy.
Almost all guys will do best near E2=22pg/ml.

Suggest that you take Rx 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections.

Please read these stickies:

  • advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

With lower E2, your SHBG will go down and FT will go up.

[/quote]

thanks for the reply guys, ive read all those stickies back when i was considering trt, all was very helpful.

The doc talked about armoasin over adex. do you have any suggestions for that?

thanks guys, i think i do want the e2 to be lower[/quote]

I’ve been on TRT for 2 1/2 years now and it’s taken me the first 2 years to finally find my groove.

I know it’s individualistic (one hat does not fit all) but with that said, I must agree with KSman, as in my case, that E2 in the low 20’s is “ideal”

I’ve always injected 140mg weekly resulting in average T values of 750-950. It has only been in the last several months that I’ve finally broken this up into 2 weekly injections.

At first my doc had me on Anastrozole at 1 mg 3x weekly and I was fine until a few months later. My E2 had plummeted to 15 and I felt like shit. It had mitigated the positive effect of my increased T value.

My doc then took me off the Anastrozole completely and a short time thereafter started to feel positive results, however, it was short lived. After 6 months my E2 had risen to 50 and I felt awful again.

Anastrozole was then re-introduced, this time at .5mg 3x weekly, however i actually take .5 mg 2x weekly with injections and a few months later I felt great again with E2 level now at 25 and maintaining.

It may take you some time but keep making adjustments based on how you feel and working with your Doc.


#8

does anyone have experience with taking aramoasin 12.5mg per day for estrogen reduction?


#9

Most do not use that because anastrozole is more cost effective.
Just try it. [You can do that EOD first and feel that out.]


#10

Is that Estradiol test result from the sensitive or standard test?