Estimating Maximum Genetic Potential?

Tom Platz comes to mind.

Hope so. You’ve already achieved the goal I’ve been working at since March 2020

There’s no shame in being a little fluffier than you’d like.

1 Like

did I miss the picture that fast?

I only saw a little, but when the line about not taking a shirtless picture in years popped up I knew something was off. If I was 235 and between 12-14% BF, I’d be taking shirtless pics on the daily.

4 Likes

honestly I went out of my way to get a decent set of BF calipers and measured between 12% and 14% repetitively (I did 3, 7, and 9 place measurements all with similar results). I looked for articles that could give visual cues to either confirm or deny my findings and found some that agreed and some that didn’t. At the end of the day - taking a shirtless photo and attempting to post it online turned out to be the best judge of physique lol. Will have to find a DEXA near me at some point so I can make a more educated post.

1 Like

I like the greatestphysiques site. Gives heights and weights.

1 Like

Calipers are not accurate really. What you can use them for is tracking progress as they are repeatable if used correctly. So the percentage they give you is useless to a degree, but it’s another tool to track if you’re headed in the direction you want.

Don’t waste your money, and this is coming from a dexa fanboy. It’s cool info to have and great for mental masturbation, but that’s it. You’re not exactly thrilled with how you look in the mirror/selfies so what exactly is a dexa going to change? If it says 11% are you then magically going to be happy even though you look the same? Probably not.

1 Like

I didn’t see a picture, just the deleted post.

Also, I’m so tempted to look up that website but I’m scared my ego will be bruised :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t worry man. It is just a bunch of dad bods. Even I am more jacked than everybody on there /s. Actually, I don’t think I was as lean as anybody on that site, but I didn’t look around much.

1 Like

Yea I looked it up. Lusted, then closed it out :joy:

2 Likes

Word. Good luck trying to take a pic of me with a shirt on.

5 Likes

This is the key man - like @wanna_be said, your actual percentage doesn’t even matter. Just use your pic as a gauge until it’s where you want it

1 Like

I totally agree with the second half of this. For the first half of it, there are some very delusional people on here (this is not a shot at the OP) in another subforum that would definitely benefit from the objectivity a DEXA scan provides.

link please

giphy

1 Like

Darden forum

Right. I actually just went to look and located the thread I was thinking of but the posts I was thinking of seem to have been deleted.

1 Like

Calipers are great to see if you are gaining or losing fat, but their absolute calculated value is of little value IMO.
What difference does it make what your body fat percentage is? Do you look too fat, or not (for whatever purpose it is being applied)?

I guess it’s fitting to give my cringiest thread a bump now that its been a little over a year.

Yeah, i wasn’t 12-14% BF.
The picture everyone was asking for is here. I was too embarrassed to post it at the time.

1 year progress update:

I have to give thanks where they’re due, and the folks in this thread deserve it tremendously.
@SkyzykS @cyclonengineer @FlatsFarmer @mnben87 @wanna_be @EyeDentist @kd13 @RT_Nomad @throwawayfitness @TrainForPain
Without the blunt honesty you all delivered, i wouldn’t have recognized how far off i was and how much i needed to fix. Thank you all. I’ve got more to go but i hope i made y’all proud.

I made this thread thinking i had nearly maxed out my potential. I was wrong.

9 Likes

Great work man! You took the responsibility and put in the work; rare and impressive. You deserve the credit.

2 Likes