T Nation

Estimate This Dream Fighter's Bodyfat

Just surfing sherdog (not the forums, honest), and came across this.
Is it just me or is this dude floating at 3-4% bodyfat. I’ve seen some fighters get ripped for the weighins, but nowhere near this level. Anyone have any other pics of fighters that come close to this.

Here’s a link to the weighin pics:

Have to say, I was surprised to see Saku fighting on this card. Him and Coleman are the two dudes that I wish would hang it up. Guy loves it too much I guess.

Is it just me or does he have paint on tan on? Look at his feet on the weigh in scale.

Damn you’re right. Guess he hits the beach with his shoes on :smiley:

His body fat is probably between 3.13333333 and 3.232103033.

I’d make the required “holding a shoe” joke but none of you rookie would get it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

I’d make the required “holding a shoe” joke but none of you rookie would get it. [/quote]

eliteballa (sp?) What do I win?

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I’d make the required “holding a shoe” joke but none of you rookie would get it.

eliteballa (sp?) What do I win? [/quote]

Hahahahha. OK fair enough.

You won a scratch off. Go to your local supermarket to claim it. I paid for it already, I swear.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

eliteballa (sp?) What do I win? [/quote]

I know it too,can we share the prize?

I know, I have no life.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

eliteballa (sp?) What do I win?

Hahahahha. OK fair enough.

You won a scratch off.[/quote]

It’s something I’ve been noticing for some time now.
10 years ago, Japanese MMA fighters were tough, but flabby.

Now you don’t need a sixpack in my opinion at all, but in matches against foreigners you could regularly see the japanese having worse physical conditioning, often stoically getting outperformed and outmuscled.

Slowly, they bulked up muscular-wise.
The last thing seemed to be cutting weight.
In some fights, for instance Belcher-Sexyama, the weight difference seemed nearly ridiculous.

Interesting to note they’ve closed the gap now completely.

And to your question, I think this fat pig has about 31%-33%

Apparently, this guy’s also an olympic wrestler and arguably the best wrestler in japan but his only real claim to fame in MMA is getting knocked out 4 seconds into his fight by a flying knee from Kid Yamamoto.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
Just surfing sherdog (not the forums, honest), and came across this.
Is it just me or is this dude floating at 3-4% bodyfat. I’ve seen some fighters get ripped for the weighins, but nowhere near this level. Anyone have any other pics of fighters that come close to this.

Here’s a link to the weighin pics:

Have to say, I was surprised to see Saku fighting on this card. Him and Coleman are the two dudes that I wish would hang it up. Guy loves it too much I guess.[/quote]

He’s obviously shredded, I’d say sub 5% but my thinking is unless he’s naturally predisposed towards being super lean he might’ve cut too much and will be drained come fight time. Someone like GSP is clearly really lean but even he has a little padding around his lower back. This guy’s dry as a bone.

EDIT: Just saw what Xen wrote, so I’m guessing he’s not only natuarlly really lean he’s probably used to cutting massive amounts of fluid/weight.

Here’s an interview with Miyata, where he talks about dropping below 5% BF.

Looks around 3ish%

Whatever it is, can’t be too healthy for fight time lol

most ripped ive ever seen anyone at a weigh in… very weird.

I competed at that weight and lower and never had that much muscle or ever where that dry.

that is some scary shiznit who is going to be the first to ask- assisted?
I guess its me.