ESPN Article Mentions HRX

Leave it to a media “expert” to lump the bad and good together.

I just hope Dick Pound will be able to fix the doping issue in pro sports.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I just hope Dick Pound will be able to fix the doping issue in pro sports.[/quote]

I don’t know, I think sometimes he’s taking steps in the wrong directions. This is illustrated in the attempt to ban altitude tents last year.

[quote]deanec wrote:

Leave it to a media “expert” to lump the bad and good together. [/quote]

It was actually better than I expected. He let the guys have their say.

Thanks for the link.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
I just hope Dick Pound will be able to fix the doping issue in pro sports.

I don’t know, I think sometimes he’s taking steps in the wrong directions. This is illustrated in the attempt to ban altitude tents last year.[/quote]

He just wants to maximize his influence and position in the sports world.

If he didn’t write that I would have complimented him on that article.

The ironic part is that is the exact media crap that was mentioned in the previous paragraph!

What’s wrong with writing that? It’s a blatant fact, and one with significant importance to the subject at hand. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with what the medical community says, but that IS where they stand.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
(Many in the medical community, of course, take issue with Sarcev’s characterization of the benevolence of steroids. Research indicates a connection between steroid abuse and health problems such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. They fight against the use of steroids for anything other than medical purposes.)

The ironic part is that is the exact media crap that was mentioned in the previous paragraph![/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
What’s wrong with writing that? It’s a blatant fact, and one with significant importance to the subject at hand. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with what the medical community says, but that IS where they stand.

hockechamp14 wrote:
(Many in the medical community, of course, take issue with Sarcev’s characterization of the benevolence of steroids. Research indicates a connection between steroid abuse and health problems such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. They fight against the use of steroids for anything other than medical purposes.)

The ironic part is that is the exact media crap that was mentioned in the previous paragraph!

[/quote]

the problem is that it is not a blatant fact, it is actually blatantly wrong. the only steroid i know of that causes certain types of cancers is estrogen, but i assume when he said steroid he meant anabolic steroids.

What’s the difference between anabloic steroids and steroids? (anabolic only raises to your body’s maximum T-level?)

You’re missing Damici’s point. The author was telling the reader where the medical community stands, and that is their stance, making it a blatant fact. The medical communities stance may be wrong, that is neither here nor there, Damici and the author in this instance, are correct.

[quote]rawda wrote:
the problem is that it is not a blatant fact, it is actually blatantly wrong. the only steroid i know of that causes certain types of cancers is estrogen, but i assume when he said steroid he meant anabolic steroids.
[/quote]

[quote]rawda wrote:
Damici wrote:

hockechamp14 wrote:

[/quote]

It is a fact that many in the medical community believe this.

TrainerDC and Zap hit the nail on the head.

Muchos gracias. :slight_smile: