Escalating Density Training. Have Tried?

I just started reading a bit about EDT. I am quite intrigued, not only by the simplicity of the system, but also by the fact that the focus is not just aesthetics, but also performance.

This article mentions that EDT can lead to bodyfat loss with no diet changes.
http://staleytraining.com/articles/the_edt_fat_loss_solution_lose_1_2_fat_per_week_with_no_dietary_changes/
If that is so, it sounds like the results could be amazing WITH dietary modifications.

Has anyone tried EDT here? What were your results? Hypertrophy? Fat loss?

The major problem to me is that it looks like it could set you up for overuse injuries, as Staley mentions how you should do the same exercise the same way (so you can gauge any performance increases). Maybe cycle your exercises every few weeks?

I’d try another Staley recommendation, the A-B split. Just draw up a couple different workouts with different movement patterns and alternate between them.

Yes great program and versatile as hell plenty of feed back on the site and yes it can rip fat off you while eating to gain even if doing compounds be careful of over reaching and back off every three to four weeks

Yes do say four to six weeks and then change it up. You need time to progress and then some change

Phill

I guess I am an idiot. I have read a ton on EDT. I am still not exactly sure how to do it. If I am correct, you only take two parts (ie chest and back) and do as many rep/sets in fifteen minutes. The next time you do chest/back, you try and beat that?

How many times a week would you do chest/back? (example only)

I used to do the following upper body/lower body split.

Monday and Thursday: Upper body
pr zone # 1 (20 minutes)

a1. Bottom position Bench press
a2. Bent-over Barbell rows
5 minutes rest
pr zone # 2 (15 minutes)
B1. two arm dumbbell military press
B2. Bodyweight Pull-ups (neck touching the bar each rep).

2 minutes rest then some heavy abdominal work - 3x3

Tuesday and Friday: Lower body

pr zone # 1 (20 minutes)
a1. Back Squats
a2. stiff-legged deadlifts

5 minutes rest

PR Zone # 2
b1. one leg squats
b2. one legged deadlifts

Abdominals: wouldn’t do them on lower body days because I was too smashed but I would hang from a pull-up bar for spinal health

EDT works and it works well so give it a shot because that the only way you will find out if it works for you.

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
I guess I am an idiot. I have read a ton on EDT. I am still not exactly sure how to do it. If I am correct, you only take two parts (ie chest and back) and do as many rep/sets in fifteen minutes. The next time you do chest/back, you try and beat that?

How many times a week would you do chest/back? (example only)[/quote]

Hell Ive used it for parts, upper lower splits and even full body. for something like you wrote youd likely just do thats once a week

I had a thread few years back called I think “my EDT Critique” try a search if interested it was upper lower with compounds worked great kicked my ass in a good way. Anyway Charles chimed in on that thread etc and you might think about getting his book/DVD’s

Phill