T Nation

Eric's Journal

Hey dudes.

Being a fat kid all my life, I've decided that I'm really focusing on getting shredded. I'm back on Team Skip, as my brief experiment with Carb Cycling, although successful, just didn't work for my lifestyle. Since I'm focusing on pure fat loss/muscle retention, I'm ditching DC (my preferred training style) for the time being.

Basically I'm prepping myself for an imaginary contest at the end of June. So theoretically I'm "12 weeks out".

Current Stats as of 4/12/09:

Height: 6 feet even
Weight: 208 pounds
Body fat: Roughly 12%
Waist: 37 in

Nutrition:
Training Days - 3000cal (High Protein/Moderate Carbs/Low Fat)
Non Training Days - 2400cal (High Protein/Low Carbs/Moderate Fat)

Supplementation:
BCAAs
Fish Oil/Evening Primrose Oil
Waxy Maize
L-Leucine
Metabolic Drive
ECY Stack

Come along with me on my journey, won't you?

Cardio: 60min fasted, low intensity

Training: Back/Tris

Chin-Ups:
BW x 6, x 6, x 6, x 5, x 4 (5 second negative, full stretch)

Straight Arm Pressdown:
40lb x 10 x 3
+
Bent Over Barbell Row:
95lb x 10 x 3 (Row to lower chest, upper back emphasis)

Seated Low Row w/ Rope (Bent Over):
50lb x 12 x 3

Close Grip Bench Press:
185 x 6, 225 x 6, 245 x 4

Tricep Pressdown w/ Cambered Bar:
50lb x 12 x 3
+
Bench Dip:
BW x 12 x 2

PJR Pullover:
60lb x 12 x 2

12 weeks out.

Nice you see you starting a new log. I’ll be watching your journey with great interest.

Yeah, I plan on seeing this one all the way through. Right now my diet is really easy, plus I get a timed refeed on Sunday. I’m sure my entries will get more and more interesting as time goes on as well.

I’m planning on adding more cardio as time goes on. 20 min PWO every 4 weeks.

What kind of cardio do you typically do? Do you like to switch it up to keep it interesting?

I’ve taken pictures of my refeeds in my log. Those usually get a lot of interest.

I tend to stick to low intensity, long duration stuff. Incline of 10 @ 3.0MPH.

When I want to mix it up, I have some kettlebells that I throw around along with some burpees, jump rope, and free squats/lunges.

You are a badass and a good contributor on the forums.

I definitely want to see you tear it up. I think you will.

Oh by the way, my refeeds will be relatively clean. As of now, I have this Sunday’s planned:

Meal 1a - 2 Cups Oatmeal w/ Low Fat Better’N PB, Sugar Free Syrup, Splenda Brown Sugar
Meal 1b - Multigrain Pancakes, Egg White Veggie Omellete

Meal 2 - Huge grilled chicken burrito w/ low fat cheese, fat free sour cream, rice, and black beans

Meal 3 - As much sushi as I can eat with some Chex Mix or Granola for desert.

Yes, I’ve put some thought into it. I’m actually salivating right now.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
You are a badass and a good contributor on the forums.

I definitely want to see you tear it up. I think you will.[/quote]

Thanks man, hope I don’t let you guys down!

HIIT 20 min, 20 min SS

Can’t believe how sore I am today. Those superslow negatives on chins really fried my brachialis and my lats.

Final totals for the week:

Cardio: 6 hours, 40 min.

Next week I’ll bump it up a little to get to 7 hours.

Week 2 - 7 hours
Week 3 to 6 - 8 hours
Week 7 to 10 - 9 hours
Week 10 to 12 - 12 hours

I know it looks pretty crazy, but by splitting it between morning, PWO, and before bed, it’s very doable.

On the supplement front, I’m going to give Species Nutrition’s Lipolyze/Somalyze combo a shot.

are those legs in your profile pic? cuz those are shredded!

I’m paying attention with interest. It’s always great to learn from others. Just curious, is Skip affordable? I’ve never seen his prices advertised. If you can’t give specifics thats cool. Skip has a reputation for getting people to look like they have no skin. Enjoy your weekly refeeds!

Nate - Yeah, those are my legs with a good pump going. I don’t think they’re “shredded”, but they have some decent definition. My legs and arms are both lean and vascular, wish I could say the same for my torso. Hopefully at the end of this I’ll be able to see the veins in my chest!

Elusive - How much is being shredded worth to you? :wink: But seriously, Skip is one of the best at what he does, so you get what you pay for.

I figured that much. His results speak for themselves though. Since you’re not actually doing a contest, but preparing as if you were. Are you going to a final prep week with sodium/water manipulations? Either way, I’m sure the final product (you) will be striated all over the place.

Yes indeed, I’ll be doing the “Shredded in 6 Days” for the final week.

11 weeks out, 207.8lbs.

Refeed:

• 2 Cups of Oatmeal w/ BetterN PB, Splenda Brown Sugar, and Sugar Free Syrup
  • 4 Pieces of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel toast w/ BetterN PB
  • Bunch of Fiber One pancakes w/ sugar free syrup
  • Bag of granola
  • Chicken burrito w/ low fat cheese & fat free sour cream, rice, and black beans
  • 2 Protein Bars, 1 pck Protein Cookies

About halfway through this, I could literally feel my skin getting hotter. My metabolism must have been freaking out.

I’m supposed to go back to my regular diet for the rest of the day, but I’ll probably end up eating considerably less than normal because I’m so stuffed. I think I also might fall into an insulin induced coma and miss a meal or two!

Cardio - Fasted, 60min, Low Intensity

Chest -

DB Incline Press
50 x 12, 60 x 8, 70 x 8, 80 x 6, 90 x 4

Machine Press(Drop Set)
170 x 12, 150 x 15, 130 x 10, 120 x 9

Wide Grip BB Press to Neck
135 x 10, 135 x 10
Supersetted w/
Wide Grip Pushups
BW x failure x 2
Supersetted w/