Eric Cressey Maximum Strength Program

I’ve been reading Eric’s book and really liked it, i been following him for a long time and also reading a lot of his stuff. I noticed it has some many different exercises, i like to stick to a rotuine that don’t change much the xercises, just the reps/sets.

But i think Eric has his point cause there is a lot of good exercises but you just can’t use em all, but what he does he uses them all in different phases during 16 weeks, i also like the high intensities he uses, 10x2, 8x3… my goal is get STRONGER, jump higher, get faster, if i do it i may add Olympic Lifts i,m 18, Has any body done this program? what y’all think about it?

[quote]joaco34 wrote:
there is a lot of good exercises but you just can’t use em all, but what he does he uses them all in different phases during 16 weeks
[/quote]

Personally, I don’t like conjugate methods but lots of folks have had success with it, so if it excites you, go nuts.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]joaco34 wrote:
there is a lot of good exercises but you just can’t use em all, but what he does he uses them all in different phases during 16 weeks
[/quote]

Personally, I don’t like conjugate methods but lots of folks have had success with it, so if it excites you, go nuts.[/quote]

Another sort of vote for the conjugate system.

I’m of the opinion it is going to work better for a more advanced lifter, but there’s no reason it can’t work for someone less advanced if it’s run properly.

I think that’s the catch 22 of conjugate training: it will work for anyone if run properly, but running it properly isn’t something everyone can do. You need to know training very well to run a conjugate program properly.