Erector Spinae Problem?

I’ve thrown out my back a few times in the past, and I know what a tweaked spine feels like. I have not, however, ever had pain just above the lower back. It feels muscular, like a burning on either side of my spine. For the past few weeks I’ve been completely unable to deadlift. Squatting is usually not a problem, nor are GHRs or most other exercises generally thought to cause back pain.

I’ve been foam rolling and stretching on a daily basis, to no avail.

Thoughts?

yo got weak-ass glutes brah

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
yo got weak-ass glutes brah[/quote]

So, correct me if I’m wrong, but if I correct that issue my back health will improve, is that what you’re saying?

I’d agree with the above about the glutes, but I’d also add you likely have some tight hips that are the main culprit.

First stop rolling and stretching your low back, that just makes it worse, you need to tighten and strengthen all the muscles on your backside, while loosening all joints, and to a degree the muscles, on the front side.

Also, do everything in this video, it should give immediate relief.

Thank you both for the input.

I’ve been doing DeFranco’s Agile 8 as a warmup lately, and then again after my workout.

I suppose that makes sense, about not loosening up the back. I’ll lay off, as per your advice.

dont forget about the glutes man, Bret contreras has some really good stuff on here

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
dont forget about the glutes man, Bret contreras has some really good stuff on here[/quote]

I won’t. I’ll be doing a lot more front squats in the foreseeable future. Thanks man.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
dont forget about the glutes man, Bret contreras has some really good stuff on here[/quote]

I won’t. I’ll be doing a lot more front squats in the foreseeable future. Thanks man. [/quote]

solid, update with progress in a week or two, I’d love to hear how the recovery is coming

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

I won’t. I’ll be doing a lot more front squats in the foreseeable future. Thanks man. [/quote]

solid, update with progress in a week or two, I’d love to hear how the recovery is coming
[/quote]

Will do. In the meantime you can track my rehab and whatnot on my training log. It’s called the Downward Spiral

Sounds good man, I added you as a friend so I know when you update, feel free to ask any questions at all thru PM, or just give me a heads up to check your log