T Nation

Era Of Brutality: Built For Battle Speed/Explosive Option (Oh, And Ballet)

My ballet teacher thinks I’ve lost weight (!) and I am definitely looking leaner…but I really want that.

It’s a pretty intense training program, so I guess if you can’t recover properly falling sick is a potential side effect I’d reckon

So on Saturday morning I could barely stagger out for fish and chips, but by Sunday I felt well enough to go take class. This was the first time I actually wore the full fig - dance belt and a leotard - and now of course I know the exact location of every scrap of adipose tissue on me. Also, the straps make my shoulders look hyoooge but not in a good way.

Decent class; but now, on Monday morning, I feel absolutely dreadful and I’m at fucking work.

Took a democratic decision to smash some more iron even if aliens are still camped in my faceholes.

Pretty much that. Bench went 75/80/90/95/and then misloaded to 120. High pulls 70/75/80/85/90. Squat 140/150/160/170/180. Push 75/80/85/90/95. Did the DBRs and DB presses with 34kg DBs. Still haven’t tried the Balkan stuff.

Back in today after dance yesterday, still with facehugging germ attack.

Did the first three circuits of Friday and then realised there was no way I was going to get 2 squat PRs feeling like this.

I like the way you express yourself!

Feeling better after flying in class on Sunday, so went back to fetch this. Incredibly entitled person waited until I’d finished setting up before wanting the rack to finish their whatever. Finally going. All great until I missed the 195kg 2rep squat - not in any dramatic way, it just wasn’t going to happen. Quite pleased with the rest though.

That push press :heart_eyes:

Smile, show them you feel it…and for God’s sake don’t drop the lady. (Workout dedicated to a friend of mine who just signed his pro contract and has been learning repertoire that has an overhead press lift in it this week. That’s basically an overhead press, but with a woman.)

Did the Saturday workout with rounding as above. As it was what passes for a light day, I thought I’d make a speed run of it and hit a time of 28 minutes for the whole show. Quite pleased…

also hit up the assistance circuit 2 with 55lb core bag/12kg lateral raise/and failed the hammer curls with the big DB. too gassed from the circuit.