T Nation

Equipoise Anxiety?

Has anyone here that has used EQ ever experienced this?

Never. And I strongly believe this to be purely mythical.

I have used EQ twice and never felt any type of anxiety

I’ve ran EQ many times and never experienced that. Are you personally experiencing it or did you hear that somewhere?

I’ve never used EQ, considering, but I’ve heard from more than a few guys that they experience terrible anxiety while on.

From your responses and a few others on other boards I’m guessing this may only occur in individuals who are predisposed to bouts of anxiety.

I have ran EQ before at 500mg/week and did not experience any anxiety. If someone were predisposed to anxiety it can quite possibly be brought on by many other factors other than EQ.

I’m running 200mg EQ E3D, with no noticable sides.

Could someone explain why EQ is supposed to cause anxiety…I don’t quite get it.

Found this on another board…

“Anxiety is felt to be related to GABA-ergic transmission in the brain. For some time, it has been known that some steroids, particularly boldenone (eq) and stanazolol (winny), affect GABA receptors in the brain. GABA is considered predominantly inhibitory, i.e. a “chiller”. EQ can strip the brain of its natural chillers, GABA, creating waves of panic as you experience and describe so eloquently. Some people are born without sufficient GABA-ergic transmission, predisposing them to panic attacks such as you experienced, but in the absence of any externally administered drug. If you external stress overrides your GABA-ergic transmission, you will panic. So some only develop panic after a traumatic event. You probably had sufficient GABA-ergic transmssion for everyday life, but you were closer to that critical line than you thought, so when EQ stripped your GABA, you were pushed over that edge into panic. Some people are very far from that edge, so they can take a gram or two of EQ, strip their receptors, and still have no problems. Treatment options include benzos (which directly enhance GABA-ergic transmission, but have terrible tolerance and addiction potential and are NOT recommended), antidepressants (which by influencing serotonin and norepinephrine can enhance GABA-ergic transmission or simply screen more external stress through their mechanisms), and lastly DON"T DO EQ. This last one is simplest and best of course.”

I’ve ran EQ at 600-800mgs a week for 20 weeks at a time and never experienced this. Never had the extreme hunger that some speak of either.

[quote]magick62d wrote:
I’ve ran EQ at 600-800mgs a week for 20 weeks at a time and never experienced this. Never had the extreme hunger that some speak of either.[/quote]

Was it by itself or in conjunction with other compounds? What types of gains did you see with it?

Just curious.

I asked my buddy who ran it for 16 weeks at 550mg/wk with 700mg/wk test and he said there was no anxiety whatsoever.

However, he did eat like a horse.

made me hungry as fuck but I am hungry all the time anyway. this may have also been a mental thing because i was expecting it but i did notice a pretty big change

i think it also negatively effected my immune system because i was sick for about 8 weeks of my cycle with a stupid cough/cold that i’d normally shake in about 3 weeks.

no anxiety though.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
magick62d wrote:
I’ve ran EQ at 600-800mgs a week for 20 weeks at a time and never experienced this. Never had the extreme hunger that some speak of either.

Was it by itself or in conjunction with other compounds? What types of gains did you see with it?

Just curious.[/quote]

I always run at least 500-750 test in all my cycles. EQ helps me more with vascularity and hardening up. I put on 15lbs of dry muscle during that 20 weeker,kept most of it.

ANYTIME I run a cycle, I get increased adreniline {sp}/anxiety. The hormones are running full steam, but I’m an anxious type person anyway. Nothing .5mgs. of Xanax can’t tackle!

I myself never saw the crazy increased hunger that most report. Ive definatley never had any type of anxiety either from eq use.

EQ is good to go im with Contrl on this one. i think you tried to tell someone before on a thread not to take EQ because of this widespread side effect but i didnt see it in me.

I never experienced this before, but this time around I have anxiety… in my dreams. I have nightmares and agited sleep basically. Not fun. Is it the EQ? Maybe.

I never felt the increased hunger before either but this around I do. I planned to diet but fuck that, I want to eat!! I’m not that hungry between meals, but while eating I have to force myself to stop.

I ran it at 600mg/wk with 800mg of cyp/wk. No anxiety, no extreme hunger, but some wicked joint pain.

Joint pain? EQ is supposed to be one of the best steroids for collagen. Sometimes theory and real world are different but it is still surprising to me.