T Nation

Equipment Manufacturer Q

Looking to set-up a home gym. Does anyone have any experience with Legend Fitness equipment (www.legendfitness.com) or Iron Company (www.ironcompany.com) as a supplier?

What equipment manufacturers have you used?

Thanks

I have no experience with the companies you’ve mentioned. I have purchased Body Solid equipment and accessories (barbell set, weights, various attachments) from Play It Again Sports.

And I have purchased the adjustable dumbbell set, super bench and various attachments from Ironmaster and highly recommend their stuff.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I have no experience with the companies you’ve mentioned. I have purchased Body Solid equipment and accessories (barbell set, weights, various attachments) from Play It Again Sports.

And I have purchased the adjustable dumbbell set, super bench and various attachments from Ironmaster and highly recommend their stuff. [/quote]

Nate Dogg, thanks for your feedback it is appreciated.

do you live near cleveland ohio? my neighbor has about 2500 worth of eq he’s unloading for $500 GREAT deal, I believe its Body Solid- a rack and half rack, adjustable bench, weights bar, mats, weight tree

[quote]mgasparro wrote:
do you live near cleveland ohio? my neighbor has about 2500 worth of eq he’s unloading for $500 GREAT deal, I believe its Body Solid- a rack and half rack, adjustable bench, weights bar, mats, weight tree[/quote]

Yes, I am in Akron, OH. I will PM you to get your friend’s e-mail address to see what he has.

Thanks

I’m in Akron, OH too, where do you train?

I would also be interested in equipment, if 74 doesn’t buy.

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
I’m in Akron, OH too, where do you train?

I would also be interested in equipment, if 74 doesn’t buy.

[/quote]

In Cleveland, John Carroll University. Occassionally, Buckeye Gym in Tallmadge.

If you’re looking into getting Legend Fitness products, contact Phil Mann at mannsfitness.com When I was setting up my home gym, I recall talking with him, and he gave me a list of what I presume were wholesale prices for any piece Legend made.

They were significantly lower than any online retailer would be selling them for, so much so that I almost could not believe those were legit prices he was giving me. He was very helpful.

Also, if you want some custom made stuff at low prices, talk to the people over at pro-fitness.com Besides what they advertise on their website, they will custom make just about anything you would want and/or modify existing products of theirs to suit your needs. They manufacture all of their stuff directly and have a team that uses CAD to help with any custom pieces you may want.

[quote]T-Bone81 wrote:
If you’re looking into getting Legend Fitness products, contact Phil Mann at mannsfitness.com When I was setting up my home gym, I recall talking with him, and he gave me a list of what I presume were wholesale prices for any piece Legend made.

They were significantly lower than any online retailer would be selling them for, so much so that I almost could not believe those were legit prices he was giving me. He was very helpful.

Also, if you want some custom made stuff at low prices, talk to the people over at pro-fitness.com Besides what they advertise on their website, they will custom make just about anything you would want and/or modify existing products of theirs to suit your needs. They manufacture all of their stuff directly and have a team that uses CAD to help with any custom pieces you may want.[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate the information.