Equal Muscle Development

Hello everybody.

My name is Dan, I have been lifting weights and trying to improve the status of my health for about 6 months now.

I am having a hard time when doing one arm dumbbell rows. The next couple of days after I do them I can feel the muscles in the right side of my back have clearly been worked. But the muscles on my left side don’t feel nearly as sore.

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas.
Thanks guys, and keep up all the hard work for those of you that are doing it.

Keep doing them until both sides have developed equal strength.

Also do some rows on the cable machine with both arms at the same time.

Also make sure you are brining the weight up all the way when you do your rows, yo might just be working one side more than the other.

Pay strict attention to your form. I find being right handed that that side is more naturally coordinated. I have en easier time solidly hitting my target muscles on that side because of this.

With dumbbell rows specifically I have to concentrate on form for my left side to keep from shrugging slightly.

Maybe something similar is happening to you.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Pay strict attention to your form. I find being right handed that that side is more naturally coordinated. I have en easier time solidly hitting my target muscles on that side because of this.

With dumbbell rows specifically I have to concentrate on form for my left side to keep from shrugging slightly.

Maybe something similar is happening to you.[/quote]

Thank you for for your response. I also believe my problem has to do with a lack of coordination. I was investigating what you said about shrugging when working the left side.
I think what I have to do is practise flexing the left side of my back over and over again. I remember when I first started working out I couldnt flex my chest muscles very easily. Then I could flex my right, but not my left. But I kept practising, and eventually it became easy.
Earlier I was practicing the rows, and I was keeping in mind what you said about shrugging, and I noticed that when I change to my left side, everything just feels unnatural in that position. Just uncomfortable.

Thanks for the responce
Cyah