Epistane Taste

I bought two different epistane products from ebay. Havoc and vital labs. I am pretty sure they are both fake, itasted both and they both have no taste and might as well taste like baking powder. I have taken them both for a few weaks and felt nothing except maybe placebo. They had the plastic on the seal but kind of looked tampered with and when I opened then the paper seal on the top was off and lodged in the cap, I thought it might have just come unglued. Needless to say can anyone taste one of heirs and see if it has a taste. Also, advice, don’t buy any epi supps off ebay.

Not really a funny question: in some instances taste is a quite valid way to check a powder that is supposedly pure, and sometimes can be useful even when mixed with excipients such as the filler of a capsule.

I can’t help on this one though as I’ve never tasted epistane.

[quote]Ross_AlanUSN10 wrote:
Do u ever taste any pill in a capsule? Wtf kind of question is that… never in my life have i ever popped open a capsule of bcaa. And be like… Ehh I don’t think it’s real… i can’t taste it…

None the less not to sound like a prick…hah I just thought that came off as a funny question… more than likely no one is going to sell a fake epistane… however from my understanding there has been a more recent ban on pro-hormone/pro-steroids. Therfor few products may have been recently reformulated… my suggestion is to check the bottle. The active ingredient should be
a,3a-epithio17a methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstane or 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol.[/quote]

Yea, epistane has a distinct taste/smell. And it is banned now. There’s plenty of reason to fake it and sell it on ebay. filling 100 caps with baking soda is gonna cost a couple dollars, and you can probably sell it on ebay for 50 bucks. That’s quite the incentive. Especially since the buyer has no recourse if he’s sold a bunk product, as he was trying to buy something illegal anyway.

Havoc actually went off the market years ago, there are just still bottles floating around. It’s never been reformulated.

Most manufacturers of prohormones have simply ceased to produce/sell their products, rather than reformulate to try to get around the new law. This recent ban is far stricter than previous ones, and has broader implications. Penalties are also severe enough that nobody’s really taking the risk.

Yes I bought them for money so the seller(s) did stand to gain a profit and im pretty sure that’s what they did, that’s what I was implying. Although im not sure if they did, that’s why I was curious if anyone had smelled or tasted. You say it has a distinct smell and taste so that further confirms my felling. If anyone else knows anything about smell or taste feel free to respond, just b/c I don’t want to toss them just yet. thx

Yummm… delicious epi lol. It has a slight sulfur flavor, at least mine did when a capsule broke in my mouth, also could kind of taste it on burps. Based on my results I’m sure that epi was real and it was purchased well before the ban. I also occasionally frequent other boards that are more PH/DS centric and have heard of others getting fake epi, so it is out there.

When you open a bottle of epi, it will more than likely smell faintly sulfur-like (rotten eggs). The smell isn’t overpowering, but if you stick your nose in the bottle, you should be able to smell it.

It hadn’t occurred to me before this thread that products like Epistane will be faked going forward. It will be interesting to see if people keep using it regularly. Obviously most of the prohormones will disappear, as they were meant to simulate the effects of steroids like dbol, winni, tbol, halo, anavar, etc, but it seems to me that there is enough demand for epistane that it will eventually just be considered another steroid in the same class as those I just listed.

[quote]Ross_AlanUSN10 wrote:
Do u ever taste any pill in a capsule? Wtf kind of question is that… never in my life have i ever popped open a capsule of bcaa. And be like… Ehh I don’t think it’s real… i can’t taste it…

None the less not to sound like a prick…hah I just thought that came off as a funny question… more than likely no one is going to sell a fake epistane… however from my understanding there has been a more recent ban on pro-hormone/pro-steroids. Therfor few products may have been recently reformulated… my suggestion is to check the bottle. The active ingredient should be
a,3a-epithio17a methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstane or 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol.[/quote]

BCAAs taste like absolute shit. If I got some that tasted like baking soda I would absolutely think it was fake

just an update, I bought epistane ibe and tasted it and it tastes just like the other two. The ibe was sealed very well so I assume it is legitamte and it is still being manufactured…somewhere. so I guess the other two might have been legit?