Epic Movie Soundtracks

How come no one has mentioned Braveheart? FOR SHAME!

2 Likes

Hokuto No Ken’s opening theme You Wa Shock is one bitchin’ tune.

1 Like

probably because we’re all a bunch of spineless pussies (btw I’m joking - Braveheart is a great choice)

Ah come on…so we disagree on a lot of things. I said things, you said things… never had a fist fight with someone you ended up having a few beers with later?

Dunno if you play guitar, but that soundtrack is awesome to play fingerstyle.
Last of the Mohicans is another one, which lucasmon mentioned up there.

Mad Max Fury Road has some nice tunes
300 Rise of an Empire despite being mediocre has a great epic soundtrack

Not a movie but Dark Souls 3 is so epic

I hear ya, just making light of the ‘insult’ (I didn’t take it seriously … I don’t think you meant it seriously)

Piano … I’ll have to get the songbook right after I’m done learning all the music to “The Notebook”

I played hockey for most of my life haha

as much as every John Williams soundtrack is amazing, with Raiders of the lost Ark as a personal favorite of mine, I went through a phase where I would listen to the imperial March theme on my way to the gym -lol

S

why not just listen to Holst’s “Mars” suite from The Planets? essentially the same thing

I really like the sound of plucked strings with violins and all the other stuff.

Dracula 2000 is an awesome soundtrack

1 Like

Yeah as @The_Mighty_Stu said he and myself are in full agreement on the three movie themed sound tracks he has listed. Here are three more of my top ones on my play list with at least one song picked form each since they each have all multiple tunes I like

heavy%20metal

the%20crow

lost%20boys

1 Like

One of my favorite songs is on Heavy Metal: 2000 - Queens of the Stone Age - Infinity … such a fucking great song

1 Like

I’ve learned Piano for a year before I switched to guitar.
I’m a little rusty but I’m really into Yann Tiersen lately (guy has some beautiful stuff) and I’ve been wanting to learn some of his Piano stuff. On my Casio, but still…

And just because of Yann Tiersen here goes two more epic sountracks:

• Goodbye Lenin
  • Le fabuleux destin d’ Amélie Poulain
1 Like

Love it, thanks.

When I was a rap fan I often played the soundtrack for the movie Colors. I still remember much of the lyrics for the title track by Ice-T.

I always liked the soundtrack from The Rock.

3 Likes

Hans Zimmer usually provides some great stuff man . .he’s up there with John Williams for me

2 Likes

I always thought the soundtrack from Drive (2011) just fit the film perfectly.

Singles. If for nothing else, AIC

3 Likes

Not the best movie, but the soundtrack from The Last Action Hero stands out as one of the best of the time. AC/DC, Queensryche, Alice in Chains…

S

1 Like