T Nation

Epic Movie Soundtracks

I listen to a lot of music. In the gym, in my car, when I’m doing my art work or computer “stuff”,… and lately, just finding little clips to throw in the background of IG videos I’ve been making. This led to a realization chatting with @bulldog9899 as we began rattling off some seriously epic soundtracks. Might be showing our age with these, but I’ll list the few we easily agreed upon, and let things roll from there -lol

-Flash Gordon
-Highlander
-Conan

(I can do plenty more, but don’t want it to just be my list of favorites, which would get quite lengthy!)

S

4 Likes

Terminator 2 would get my vote…I can’t think of another film were the soundtrack fit the action quite so perfectly!

3 Likes

Rocky 4

Last of the Mohicans.

3 Likes

Lion King
The Dark Knight
Pretty much any move where John Williams did the score
Karate Kid

2 Likes

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Escape From LA

1 Like

Apocalypse Now - Flight of the Valkyries

Mission Impossible

MASH

There will be blood

Sicario

1 Like

Gladiator

2 Likes

Trainspotting

Go check out Richard Wagner’s Der Ring des Niberlungen (aka The Ring Cycle) … you’re welcome

2 Likes

Saturday Night Fever?

I really like the music in Requiem for a Dream. If you haven’t seen it be careful going into it. I was depressed for a few days after that one.

I think the soundtrack might just be mostly one song over and over, but it is a banger.

giphy

5 Likes

He’s come a long way since Hart to Hart.

1 Like

Alright alright, Cradle To The Grave.

1 Like

I’ll bet if I check your playlist I’m gonna find Cool As Ice and Ninja Rap.

3 Likes

You won’t. I think I have remnants of Dave Matthews Band and Limp Bizkit though…close enough in my book

2 Likes

Well, I do have a couple of Japanese cartoon soundtracks in mine so that’s not so badm

Macross be one of them?

I only have Voices. The rest are from Evangelion, Spirited Away and assorted themes from Takeshi Kitano movies by Joe Hisaishi.

1 Like