T Nation

Ephedrine/Clen and Benadryl/Forskolin

can anybody here explain why exactly Benadryl is used in the off weeks of clenbuterol useage? i’ve heard it before, but kinda forgot how it works.

also, is that neccessary with ephedrine use also, or specific to clen?

another thing i was thinking about, was that since forskolin (or Carbolin 19, i would assume) can act as an antihistamine
www.bulknutrition.com/?ingredients_id=6
would that work in place of Benadryl?

As far as I remember, clen down-regulates your beta-receptors, and Benadryl upregulates them so they keep working properly. This is used with clen and not in the off weeks, enabling you to use it for prolonged periods of time, otherwise the effect of clen would wear off.

As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t apply to ephedrine and I don’t think forskolin would be a good replacement though I can’t be sure.

[quote]rsg wrote:
As far as I remember, clen down-regulates your beta-receptors, and Benadryl upregulates them so they keep working properly. This is used with clen and not in the off weeks, enabling you to use it for prolonged periods of time, otherwise the effect of clen would wear off.

As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t apply to ephedrine and I don’t think forskolin would be a good replacement though I can’t be sure.[/quote]

RSG, thanks for the info. i use ephedrine, and was thinking of taking the foskolin at night. not sure how that’ll compare to Benadryl, but since i’ve never used either one for these purposes, i think both would work.

also, i did some digging, and came up with some links for everybody else that would be interested:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1409135

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936818

An added side effect is better sleep with benadryl versus potential sleep reduction while on Clen due to the stimulation

[quote]sapasion wrote:
An added side effect is better sleep with benadryl versus potential sleep reduction while on Clen due to the stimulation[/quote]

yeah, good point…apparently foskolin can make people drowsy, too (due to the antihistamine action).i guess that’s why i never notice a “kick” from any fat burner/pre-workout supplement with it as an ingredient.