Ephedrine - A Good Idea?

This is an awful diet. Terrible. High in saturated fat and low in protein (compared to what you should be eating).

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Marlind wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
You arent eating nearly enough protein and IMO you should replace about half of the cheese you eat with a a quality protein source. I don’t really care if the cheese is processed or not. Salami is also not a good source of protein. Peanut butter would be a nice addition.

I have a feeling your metabolism has slowed down because of the small amount of food you are eating on a daily basis. Eating after your workout is extremely important. You need a good source of carbs after your workout, ‘cutting’ or not. Breakfast and PWO meals are essential.

Whey protein is waaay to expensive in here,I srsly cant afford it.Peanut butter I’ll see if i can find some,Ive never seen it in shops/…

Whey protein isn’t necessary. It’s a luxury that can easily be compensated for with whole food. Don’t worry about that[/quote]

:D…So what do you suggest me to change,PB is a big maybe,so apart from substituting those,what do you think i should add?What about the carbs in the morning and post workout?Also Im doing Poliquins three day lactate inducing training is that ok?Im also going to add complexes,im gonna do them everyday?
thanx guys,you’re really helping me…:slight_smile:

[quote]Marlind wrote:
my biggest problem its not my bf now,its my immense fatgain when i start bulking,i get obese over a couple of weeks ,well not obese but i get at 18%…I was thinking to get lean so ill have more time to build muscle,[/quote]

What is the correlation with leaness and time to build muscle?
Are you rationalizing that leaness will free up time to build muscle because you don’t have to worry about being ‘fat’?
If you are, you may be thinking like women do - this is not an attack on you but rather an observation.

Why not look at your BF as a bridge to high intensity workouts?
This expression “immense fatgain” is again, primarily female concern who fails to perceive fat/extra weigh as the fuel to ignite and sustain heavy workouts until a high level of athletic performance is achieved.

If you are gaining ‘fat immensely’ when “bulking” is it possible you are under training?

You say you are not good at sports. Could it be your body is still sleeping when you are training?

Do you have the awareness to shift gear from mental energy to physical intensity?

How are you training?

How much power are you putting into your lifts?

You have carb intolerance. What is your alcoholic intake? Is it interfering with your intensity when training?

How heavy do you go?
Is your focus primarily to add weight to the bar or to remove calories from your plate?

Where is your focus?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Marlind wrote:
my biggest problem its not my bf now,its my immense fatgain when i start bulking,i get obese over a couple of weeks ,well not obese but i get at 18%…I was thinking to get lean so ill have more time to build muscle,

What is the correlation with leaness and time to build muscle?
Are you rationalizing that leaness will free up time to build muscle because you don’t have to worry about being ‘fat’?
If you are, you may be thinking like women do - this is not an attack on you but rather an observation.

Why not look at your BF as a bridge to high intensity workouts?
This expression “immense fatgain” is again, primarily female concern who fails to perceive fat/extra weigh as the fuel to ignite and sustain heavy workouts until a high level of athletic performance is achieved.

If you are gaining ‘fat immensely’ when “bulking” is it possible you are under training?

You say you are not good at sports. Could it be your body is still sleeping when you are training?

Do you have the awareness to shift gear from mental energy to physical intensity?

How are you training?

How much power are you putting into your lifts?

You have carb intolerance. What is your alcoholic intake? Is it interfering with your intensity when training?

How heavy do you go?
Is your focus primarily to add weight to the bar or to remove calories from your plate?

Where is your focus?

[/quote]

I go as heavy as possible,I’ve always increased weights in every set,until i cant perform more then 3 reps.My alcoholic intake,zero.I am a complexed little bitch,i admit,when i was a child i was very very very fat and i lost it all,and the idea of getting fatter srsly makes me anxious(im not exaggerating)I get to have ,daydreams of getting joked at,etc,like i was when i was a child…So srsly It really bothers me.I really want to get big,but I also fear getting fat,its my complex.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

You say you are not good at sports. Could it be you are still sleeping when you are training?
[/quote]

Fixed…

[quote]Marlind wrote:

I go as heavy as possible,I’ve always increased weights in every set,until i cant perform more then 3 reps.My alcoholic intake,zero.I am a complexed little bitch,i admit,when i was a child i was very very very fat and i lost it all,and the idea of getting fatter srsly makes me anxious(im not exaggerating)I get to have ,daydreams of getting joked at,etc,like i was when i was a child…So srsly It really bothers me.I really want to get big,but I also fear getting fat,its my complex.[/quote]

3 reps? This is not the ideal repetition (well, TUT) for building muscle you understand?

You can get very lean and very muscular but first you need to sort out this metabolic issue you have… for one reason or another you clearly have built up some insulin tolerance and as such you need to get that sorted first.

Diet, Diet, Diet.

Your diet is AWFUL. As i said, saturated fats, not much protein, i can’t remember the carbs but even with the previous mistakes it likely doesn’t even matter.

Do you REALLY think that those who have dieted to get lean did so on Cheese and Salami?

You say you are piling on the weight until you can do no more than 3 reps - well this suggests to me that even though you are following a program (incorrectly - a lactate program is not going to be recommending a range of 3 reps is it, as that is primarily the PCr system) you do not really understand the ‘why’ or ‘how’ or ‘when’ or ‘if’ of it all.

I suggest going back to basics… no, you don’t need fancy ‘lactate’ training protocols and in fact i suggest (as a professional) you don’t do the complex stuff as it is just going to confuse you.

I cant suggest dietary regimes as you are unclear on the goal and what ability you have to get there (eg. bulking and cutting isn’t for everyone, most cannot dedicate themselves to eat in this fashion and so do better maintaining a diet that achieves a positive overall composition with no extremes).

Also you say you want to be really big - it takes dedication beyond comprehension to do this, (even for those with physiques from outerspace like BBB’s gym buddies) and if you can’t get a little more motivation to eat high protein or learn the basics, then trust me you haven’t a chance.

Best,

JJ

[quote]Marlind wrote:

I go as heavy as possible,I’ve always increased weights in every set,until i cant perform more then 3 reps.[/quote]
I wouldn’t do that without a good foundation. Why not do like J-J said and go back to basics?
What about 3 exercises per body part, of 4 sets x 6-8 reps as heavy as you can whilst maintaining good form and increase the weight only when you find you can go easy for 8-10 reps?
You need to experience your strength: that will build your confidence and give you the psychological solidity for you to take control of your metabolic issues. This is just my insight into your predicament. I have trained a few boys ( you are still a boy ) with skinny complexes and who felt defeated psychologically even before they developed a good relationship with the iron bar.
Grab that thing with controlled aggression focused precision.
Specially if you are a head type. Head types have little to no connection with their bodies, their physicality: their whole lives happens in their heads and not their bodies. They do , as J-J joked, train as if they were still sleeping - I have seen it.
Do not lift from the head, lift from the gut.
Wake up fully.
If you are a heart type do not feel the weight and fight and get into contention with it.
Don’t drop it as if it were not a part of you - would you just drop your arm on the floor?
Lift it as it were one of your limbs, move it as you twist your neck and your hips, lower it as if it were a part of your intensity that you are surrendering to the ground. You power rises from the ground and you return it to the ground to pick it up again later.
Do you follow me?
Become one with the iron.
Less weight more core power and sustain that power within the 6 to 8 reps until you see yourself beginning to occupy your body fully: You should feel the internal heat and you should see a redness and taught skin - that is your muscles pushing the outside of the envelope.
Lift with attitude.
What I speak of is : Solidity.
Always be heavier and denser than that which you lift.
When you pick up a load sense its steely properties and become as steel.[quote]

and My alcoholic intake,zero.[/quote] That is good but maybe you should relax a bit and have a glass of wine - it is good for the heart.[quote]
I am a complexed little bitch,[/quote]
Nah, you just lost control/was controlled from an early age, when you were vulnerable, and quite rightly so, and now that you enter your manhood you just need to see why your metabolism was out of control and who or what was controlling it and get that control over your body under your belt. [quote]

i admit,when i was a child i was very very very fat and i lost it all,[/quote] Yes, you see: ‘lost it all’ now you are no longer a child you can and already are being pro active to figure out why and make up for your loss - you are in a good place, being 15 is great.[quote]
and the idea of getting fatter srsly makes me anxious(im not exaggerating)[/quote]
Yes, I know you are not and I could see that from your initial posts and diet - yes, I agree with J-J is poor. You should be eating more quality protein at least.[quote]
I get to have ,daydreams of getting joked at,etc,like i was when i was a child…[/quote] I understand and that is even more awful than your diet, but do you see that while you are ‘daydreaming’ you are IN YOUR HEAD and possibly heart AND NOT GROUNDED IN YOUR BODY?
I urge you to train your head and heart to focus in your physical SENSATIONS as opposed to the noise in your head and the business of emotions overloading your brain with anxiety.
QUIET YOUR MIND.
Focus on your muscle fibers; every time your get a thought or a daydream that is ‘fat’ related try to flex a muscle, any muscle. You can do this sitting on your chair in class, squeeze your glutes until you know how your ass is entirely made of a completely different matter then that chair.[quote]

So srsly It really bothers me.I really want to get big,but I also fear getting fat,its my complex.[/quote]

Forget big. Get strong first. In your spirit, heart, head and gut.
Your body will follow.

Diet: What about fish, organ meat ( have you ever tried organ meat? Delicious and fat free ), quails eggs ( just for variety; another thing I noticed and was a clue to your psychological state was the sheer lack of variety in your diet: You do not seem to have any pleasure from your food. This only adds to your submission to this ‘condition’ ), peanuts or any other nuts. It doesn’t have to be peanut butter. You are better off with the raw or roasted nuts since peanut butter often has sugar added.
Smoked salmon, smoked mackarel, crab meat. Rabbit, Poussin.
There is a whole zoo out there for you to discover.
Experiment.

P.S In my use of CAP I was not shouting at you I was just expressing my passion. They haven’t yet created a case for that very important life enhancing quality.

; )

NO ephedrine at 15 y/o. It is a bad idea.

At least you are looking to educate yourself at a young age. That’s more than I could say for myself when I was 15. Take the advice you are being given, I’ve read through it and really have nothing to add.

One thing you need to realize though…The people who add muscle very quickly are the ones who have a lot of muscle mass and stay pretty lean. It is more likely you are just gaining weight( some muscle, but mostly fat and glycogen) and it is improving your leverages. Bottom line is being heavier allows you to lift heavier.

Don’t misjudge your genetics, because you could end up very disappointed. Just keep working hard and eventually you will start to look how you think you should.

Ok thanks guys for your posts,I will make them in an earring and put them in my ear ;).
First I’ll re-see my diet,eliminate cheese from it,add some nuts,fish and maybe 2-3 fruits a day.

Should it be more like this==>
~Morning:
2eggs,1apple,multivitamin,magnesium,calcium,1coffee
~After school:
handful of nuts,1espresso
~Lunch:
stewed or boiled vegetables,salad(with some olive oil) and meat or chicken breast(dad only buys extra lean meat),multivitamin,magnesium,calcium
~Before training:
1apple,1coffee
~After training:
lean smoked meat heated in the microwave,tomato,cucumber or any raw vegetable available and optionally some cottage cheese
~Before sleeping:
cottage cheese,1tablespoon of olive oil,2eggs scrambled.

*I will use an artificial sweetener for my coffees and teas
**This is a blue print of the diet,it may vary from day to day

Also guys are pumpkin seeds good?Somedays I may be low on cash and those are cheaper then nuts?

I will continue Poliquin’s three day Lactate Inducing training and will add complexes every day.

WAy,great beard.:slight_smile:

guys ??

Mate. Why the FUCK are you looking to lose weight? You are about 12%!

[i have a very good eye for such things ;)]

Right… fuck it - here’s a swift boot in the right direction.

3 day split, train at LEAST 3x a week.

Chest/Delt/Tri
Back/Bi/abs
Quads/Hams/Calf

(or whatever you like)

Chest - 6-9 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Delt - 6-9 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Tri - 3-6 sets total, 1-2 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Back - 6-9 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Bi - 3-6 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Abs - 3-6 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Quads - 6-9 sets total, 2-3 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Hams - 3-6 sets total, 1-2 exercises, 6-12 reps.
Calf - 3-6 sets total, 1-2 exercises, 6-12 reps.

Start with 3 sessions a week, and the least amount of sets. Less than i wrote if you like… depends on you.

Take all sets as close to failure as you can and the last to absolute failure. Try to ensure you ache the next day.

Progress by adding reps (up to a max of ~12), adding higher load, and keep it highly intense (ie. hard fucking work), increasing the frequency of body parts trained over time (months not weeks), so that is for a 3 day split, eventually start training 4 or 5x a week… this will mean your body is getting trained 1.33 or 1.66x per week as opposed to 1 (which is fine too).

You diet still blows twat i’m afraid. I don’t know if you use the word ‘twat’ where you are from, and while in some situations ‘twat’ is just what the doctor ordered, in this context it is not so good…

[quote]
Should it be more like this==>
~Morning:
2eggs,1apple,multivitamin,magnesium,calcium,1coffee[/quote]

2 eggs and an apple? 2 EGGS AND AN APPLE? If you were my client i would be shouting and shaking you right now.

That is approx. 12g of protein, 15g of fat and 20g of carbs. Great start to a day of learning! :wink:

Try oats. Cheap, effective and taste… well, shit actually.[quote]

~After school:
handful of nuts,1espresso[/quote]

So from morning all the way till after school you have 2 eggs and an apple… then after school you eat… a ‘handful of nuts’? You live on espresso… this is neither healthy NOR is it conductive to fat loss as regular caffeine is not as effective as the drug being used occasionally without the tolerance.

I assume you have that ‘european’ school system where you finish around 2pm or so? Even still… try to have a little food every 2-3 hours, this keeps themetabolism high and more importantly it ensures you are less likely to have swings in blood sugar.[quote]

~Lunch:
stewed or boiled vegetables,salad(with some olive oil) and meat or chicken breast(dad only buys extra lean meat),multivitamin,magnesium,calcium[/quote]

Sounds like you should ask your dad what to eat.

Lots of veggies… fine, but one chicken breast a day is poor man… real tame. Have you seen what the diet is like for someone who wants a decent amount of muscle with minimal fat? Maybe you should have a look around.

Without protein shakes you will be needing at least 3 large breasts a day (at your assumed weight), which would account for around 100g of the macronutrient…[quote]

~Before training:
1apple,1coffee[/quote]

1 apple to train on? Oh and a coffee. PROTEIN. PROTEIN. PROTEIN. Its like EDUCATION. EDUCATION. EDUCATION, but a little cheaper and a little more important… :wink:

I like to eat an apple halfway through my session - it is juicy, refreshing and supplies a little kick (i crack a nitroglycerin ampule in it… and what?) However, to have an apple as the total meal is not right.

I appreciate this is ‘just’ pre-workout, but consider that protein and carbs (other than fructose and fibre) will go a long way to preventing catabolism, increasing anabolism and fuelling your workout - you are selling yourself short.[quote]

~After training:
lean smoked meat heated in the microwave,tomato,cucumber or any raw vegetable available and optionally some cottage cheese[/quote]

MM-MM! Microwaved meat! J/K - at least you getting some meat in! Better but there are no carbs here other than fibrous veggies.
I find for those who cannot afford to eat lots of meat, that skim milk and beans are life savers.

A good PWO drink for very cheap would be skim milk plus skim milk powder, add in a banana and raw egg whites.

When i first started looking towards my diet around 2000 i would drink at least 2 homemade protein shakes consisting of 6 egg whites, 1 pint of semi skin milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 2 babanas and frozen berries.[quote]

~Before sleeping:
cottage cheese,1tablespoon of olive oil,2eggs scrambled.[/quote]

Great. Good choices. high protein, low carb and moderate mono fats.

Your diet is better, but needs a hell of a lot of work… you should know you are now officially skinny and need to add some muscle. This DOES NOT mean you need to gain fat, this is onyl the case for those who are so serious about being very large they need to go through ‘bulk’ or ‘cut’ phases… this is not a method that suits all and i most certainly don’t suggest it to regular peeps.

That said i would suggest you try to eat something along the lines of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat… with the fat and carbs having an inverse relationship - you will know what that is being a student and all… :wink:
Eat as much as 50% of your total carb intake around your workout (25% before and 25% after) - this is a general rule that is modified for each person… i have no idea how many carbs you will be eating so i cann ot say this will be an exact number, but call it a maximum maybe.

Also feel free to eat carbs for breakfast… and if you are better restricting carbs ~4 hours before bed. Again this is vague and generalized… i know SFA (sweet fuck all) about you and as such cannot be more specific.

Eat protein at EVERY feeding… whole protein sources though.

Thats it. As i said, a quick boot in the right direction - it is flawed and not scientific buit i swear it will work better than your current efforts.

One more thing - get a part time job and buy some of your own food if your parents wont do it… food itself isnt what makes you fat, it is a combination of the wrong types of foods and not enough activity.

Join a club of some sort, this will help you maintain your fat level through life much easier.

:wink:

I remember finding this forum when I was 14, so I sympathize with you. You need to put on weight. Don’t even entertain the idea of cutting for YEARS. Listen to the advice on here, it’s as good as you’ll find on the net. Eat the foods that will ‘stick’ to you. Avoid meals that are ready to eat when you can. Most importantly READ.

Read everything you can get your hands on. You’ll be confused, your opinion will change every week on what’s best in diet/training/etc. But you will be better and smarter for it after awhile. Pay attention and get to know the search function, and the archives. Talk to you you 20lbs from now.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

“…your calories and they come to around 1200-1500. Not enough for an active girl…”[/quote]

lol! Hahaa! :wink:

OK…thanks for your advices guys.I’ll start a mass gaining program like J-J suggested.I also wanted top say that i wasn’t eating 1 chicken breast but 500gr of it.
anyways today i ate

~Morning:
3 scrambled eggs with very little cheese just for taste,1glass of milk sweetened with 1 teaspoon of honey,1coffee

~After school:
70 gr of almonds,coffee

~Lunch:
stewed cabbage and meat

I plan to eat=>
Before the gym:
2 glasses of milk with two apples

after the gym:
500 gr of chicken breast

before sleep:
microwaved meat,cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumbers

Is this a good turn?
I wll follow J-J advice on training and plan to do complexes on my day offs.
thanx guys :smiley:

I forgot to add.7 more eggs.

ok.guys this is amazing,Ive added carbs back,ive been eating a lot of protein,during the day,ditched the cheese and salami and done complexes on my day offs and training like J-J told me.Im amazed,ive added muscle and I actually look leaner.:slight_smile:
Thanx a lot
BTW ive been drinkin a shake of my invention:in one bowl i put 5 eggs ,half a litter of milk and a little honey,mix hard,and u got yourself a great tasting shake…:slight_smile:

[quote]Marlind wrote:
ok.guys this is amazing,Ive added carbs back,ive been eating a lot of protein,during the day,ditched the cheese and salami and done complexes on my day offs and training like J-J told me.Im amazed,ive added muscle and I actually look leaner.:slight_smile:
Thanx a lot
BTW ive been drinkin a shake of my invention:in one bowl i put 5 eggs ,half a litter of milk and a little honey,mix hard,and u got yourself a great tasting shake…:)[/quote]

i don’t think your the 1st one to make up that shake Lol