T Nation

Ephedra Question

Ok,
I’ve been reading here for the better part of three years. One thing that I have NEVER understood is the following: Ephedra/Ephedrine. Same thing? Different? One is for the bronchii of people with asthma? Is that just a good benefit of also taking it?

Reason I ask is because I am interested in a Caffeine/Ephedra stack, because HOT-ROX is out. I know its a 1:20 ratio of Ephedra to Caffeine. There is also a 100g per day max on Ephedra?

The real question is this: When ordering, do I just want to buy 25g tabs of ephedrine? They are like 8 bucks. Do I want to get the “Stacker 2” stuff that comes with 4 variations of caffeine and like 24g of ephedra? I know synephrine never really panned out in humans either.

So, a lot here, but I am also really confused as to what to buy. Would No-Doze work, or is there better forms of caffeine out there? I know to ramp up on consumption just like any controlled substance.

Any insights of what I just wrote would be appreciated.

Thanks

[quote]Lotus wrote:
Ok,
I’ve been reading here for the better part of three years. One thing that I have NEVER understood is the following: Ephedra/Ephedrine. Same thing? Different? One is for the bronchii of people with asthma? Is that just a good benefit of also taking it?

Reason I ask is because I am interested in a Caffeine/Ephedra stack, because HOT-ROX is out. I know its a 1:20 ratio of Ephedra to Caffeine. There is also a 100g per day max on Ephedra?

The real question is this: When ordering, do I just want to buy 25g tabs of ephedrine? They are like 8 bucks. Do I want to get the “Stacker 2” stuff that comes with 4 variations of caffeine and like 24g of ephedra? I know synephrine never really panned out in humans either.

So, a lot here, but I am also really confused as to what to buy. Would No-Doze work, or is there better forms of caffeine out there? I know to ramp up on consumption just like any controlled substance.

Any insights of what I just wrote would be appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

Ephedra is the extract from the plant Ma Haung. Ephedrine is the pharmaceutical drug made from ephedra. It is a single compound and is still sold as a bronchiodialator. The recommended dose of ephedrine is 25mg with 200mg of caffeine. This was how many of the companies that sold this stack listed it’s dosage. I you want a pure source of caffeine, look for caffeine anhydrous, usually put in certain pills like vivrin. But since you can’t buy the old school stuff like xenadrine, I use 25mg. ephedrine tabs with a thermogenic with at least 200mg of carreine. It works just as good and is cheap.

so the intended fat loss protocol would be: 25mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine anhydrous?

This would get the desired thermogenic effect?

And thanks for the info.

[quote]Lotus wrote:
so the intended fat loss protocol would be: 25mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine anhydrous?

This would get the desired thermogenic effect?

And thanks for the info.[/quote]

You bet. If you are tolerant to stimulants you can up the dose slightly, but do it in small amounts at a time.