EOD, Triple Progression. Assistance for Different Lift?

Hey Coach, I’m a deconditioned lifter and am currently using an LP program to build back to previous strength levels. Once I begin to stall out I plan to switch over to the EOD, triple progression template you shared in the 10 Rules for Guaranteed Strength and Size article.

For exercise 2 (the multi-joint assistance) is it okay to do an assistance for another day’s lift? (i.e. incline or close-grip bench on squat day, SSB squat on bench day, etc.)

From previous experience I find that if I push hard on a main lift I’m not able to push very hard on a similar movement; and by swapping the days I get two sessions of each lift per 8 day cycle instead of only one.

Also, do you recommend using the same set/rep scheme for the main lift and multi-joint accessories (doing 6-8, 4-6, 2-4 reps for both) or doing strength focus (4-6, 2-4, 1-2) for main lift and hypertrophy (8-10, 6-8, 4-6) for accessory?

Thanks!

I’m not sure I like that. But it’s mostly because I’ve never used that approach with myself or clients. So it’s hard for me to say with certainty that it would work. I could only emit an opinion. With a typical workout schedule where you train 2 days in a row I would advise against it. But with an EOD schedule it might work.

But, honestly, you’ll have to try it