enzymes

I was speaking with this T-man the other day at work who’s been building for ten years and seems really well built, so far. I was disgussing with him a cutting cycle and how I wanted to cut mainly from the core area. He suggested using digestive enzymes. He said that when he began lifting someone told him about them and he blew them off. Then later he started using them and found that core fat wasn’t placed the same if at all. He explained that incorrect digestion causes the body to place fat in “bad” areas and these enzymes help the body prevent that from happening. Is there any research out there on this? Does anyone concur?

I doubt it, I have a disease where my body doesn’t create Pancreatic Enzymes… So I have to take them with meals (NOT cheap ones Herbal Ones, but the best enzyems you can get)… However it all depends… First you have to know that a little more about perscription enzymes… They are broken up into 3 different types of enzyems:

Lipase Activity
Amylase Activity
and Protease Activity

In other words, in no particular order, ones for fat, ones for protein, ones for carbs… I Guess in theory, if you were to take a protein one, it would help digest more protein… and not the carbs, which in turn would COULD lead to less fat, and more of your food of protein being put to use…

From what I KNOW fat deposites have more todo with estrogen or something (I’m talking outa my ass now, because I really have no clue, and just heard this)…

But for someone like me, I can minipulate my diet, digest NO carbs, and fat, if thats what I wish, and thats why I love JB’s diet so much… I could go eat a chease burger and digest only the protein, but trust me i don’t DO this, cuz guess what happens when u don’t digest stuff?.. Alls I have to say, is it starts with D…

OH and by the way, don’t bother wasting your money on Herbal Enzymes, they don’t even reach the stomache, because they are broken up before they reach the lower instine…

(Sorry for the spelling)

There is a similar post like this in the front of the forum. Berardi wrote an article about it also. If you get digestive enzymes, make sure they are coated. They won’t make it to the small intestine. They will be broken down already. As far as the type I am in the dark. I know there are different ones for protien and such. I am about to buy some for protien and fat. I will let my body naturally take care of the carbs. I have a problem of getting bloated and have gas, so I am going to take them. About the fat being stored in the core or mid section that is just how it is. If you read meltdown training Alessi goes into this a little. But if you want to lose the fat in the middle, then do squat and deads. Then eat right and get you some enzymes.