Entheogens in Religion

Are they forbidden or not recommended? Can they be useful?

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

Are they forbidden or not recommended? Can they be useful? [/quote]

The losers who hang around the reservation waiting for checks in Mescalero do peyote all day long and claim it is part of our tradition. Of course, I remember being an altar boy and going through confirmation with them, so I don’t quite know what the tradition of which they speak.

But they claim to have divine visions.

Me, I think whatever “god” is speaking to them (if one is) is a loser, or rather, wants them to be losers, because they sure haven’t made much of their lives.

Or they are just high.

“The losers who hang around the reservation waiting for checks…”

Only a White Man would say something like that Ruffie, those people were
here way before our ancestors were, and maybe there aren’t as many opportunities
in the middle of nowhere as there are in the Modern Civilization where you reside.
Those people have paid their dues…what have you paid lately? Your Satellite Bill?

[quote]Karado wrote:

here way before our ancestors were, and maybe there aren’t as many opportunities
in the middle of nowhere as there are in the Modern Civilization where you reside.
Those people have paid their dues…what have you paid lately? Your Satellite Bill?[/quote]

Whatever, white boy.

You’d fit in great with the silver pony tailed fakes in Sante Fe worrying about “native culture.”

We did a large ammout of work for the Bureau of Indian Affairs in New Mexico…from my experience there are traditionalists who use Peyote in genuine ceremonies and there are dirt heads who use the tradition as an excuse to get high.

And yes, there is a large ammout of folks on the rez who sit around and wait for goverment check day.

The guys I worked with were embarrassed by those people and said basically “it’s been over a 100 years, quit acting like bitches”

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

The guys I worked with were embarrassed by those people and said basically “it’s been over a 100 years, quit acting like bitches”[/quote]

Bingo. A member of our tribe can do very well for him/herself, if inclined. We’ve got the oilfield down below and lovely trees and flowing water above. Pretty much have to be a druggie to not be successful.

[quote]Karado wrote:

Those people have paid their dues…what have you paid lately? Your Satellite Bill?[/quote]

TTR is a member of a Native American tribe. Comanche, I believe.

He is also exceedly accurate in his descriptions of certain weapons and tactics of the US military and it allies (also known to me, although I was hardly a combat soldier) that would likely be unknown to persons who are not at least trained in such tactics, so I am presuming military service. Volunteering for one’s country is a pretty good way to “pay dues.”

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:

He is also exceedly accurate in his descriptions of certain weapons and tactics of the US military and it allies (also known to me, although I was hardly a combat soldier) that would likely be unknown to persons who are not at least trained in such tactics, so I am presuming military service. Volunteering for one’s country is a pretty good way to “pay dues.”[/quote]

I believe El Karado typed swiftly, before reading basically anything on this forum.

Shockingly it came out like whale shit.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:

He is also exceedly accurate in his descriptions of certain weapons and tactics of the US military and it allies (also known to me, although I was hardly a combat soldier) that would likely be unknown to persons who are not at least trained in such tactics, so I am presuming military service. Volunteering for one’s country is a pretty good way to “pay dues.”[/quote]

Mescalero Apache. US Army.

[quote]Karado wrote:

read more and post less.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

Are they forbidden or not recommended?[/quote]

Yes. I forbid them in all religions.

What kind of question is that?