T Nation

Enteric-Coated Fish Oil & Soy

I searched but found no answers. I recently bought some enteric-coated fish oil from costco and when I got home I realized it had soy listed in the ingredients. Is this part of the coating and/or is this something I need to be concerned about in regards to the hormone changing nature of soy I have read about? TIA

Is it “soy” or “soy lecithin” ?? The later is used as an emulsifier in any number of things (even protein powder) and has no real relationship to the hormone altering soy protein stuff

Believe it or not, I noticed the exact same thing yesterday, so I’d like to know as well whether I should chuck them.

Well, it isn’t listed in the ingredients, and is only part of the “contains:” list, either way I don’t think its anything to worry about and definitely not worth throwing them away because of it.

Yes, it is not part of the “ingredients” but below the “may also contain” is a list titled “contains”.
To quote the bottle, it says “Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Sardine) and Soy”
I am thinking it is the non-bovine gelatine included in the ingredients section.

I may be overly paranoid but I am trying to reverse whatever damage I may have done by drinking soy milk religiously for several years (before I started lurking here).

[quote]pdxdevil wrote:
Yes, it is not part of the “ingredients” but below the “may also contain” is a list titled “contains”.
To quote the bottle, it says “Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Sardine) and Soy”
I am thinking it is the non-bovine gelatine included in the ingredients section.

I may be overly paranoid but I am trying to reverse whatever damage I may have done by drinking soy milk religiously for several years (before I started lurking here).[/quote]

Hey just my two cents but,

personally I think the negative soy hype is way overblown…for you guys to be worrying about what probably amounts to a tiny amount of soy in a superb supp like fish oil is beyond crazy.
take it like a man.
lol. ToneBone