T Nation

Enter Planet Cybertron

I did. With all this stuff happening I’m not sure I’ll make it, but I’m trying to hold my spot as long as possible. The deadline is about another week away. So I have until then to email the people to let them know so they aren’t expecting the entry fee and whatnot.

LOG # 321

Forgot all of my stuff at home, because I was rushing. I knew I was gonna have a semi difficult time bracing with a work up to 350, and I don’t wish to strain my back. So I swapped out the heavier work for volume in mid range weight. All beltless, since I forgot my belt.

X10
X10
X10
X10

X10
X10
X10

X10
X10
X10
X10

Leg press: 445lbs

X10
X10
X10
X10
X10

Hypers SS w/ hanging leg raises

Back to back

X10
X10
X10
X10
X10
X10

Shit ton of volume. Extremely hungry and full of energy still. Gonna go clear my fridge out and stay up all night lol

That is a lot of volume, good work.

LOG # 322

Swimming

1,000 meter total

200 freestyle

200 backstroke

200 freestyle

200 backstroke

200 freestyle

LOG # 323

Bench

Warm up: 10 min walk, 50 KB swings

85x5

105x5

125x3

145x3

165x3 + 1 single

175x3

180x1 +2 singles

Hadn’t really been eating in any intervals so my energy wasn’t up to par, and that 20 pound jump was a bit much.

125x10

125x10

125x10

125x10

125x10

DB rows

45’s

X10
X10
X10
X10
X10

For whatever reason I kept hook gripping the bar which I never do, but I think I was trying to move my grip in to a middle grip or something like that, instead of just inside the bar where I’ve always benched for…since I started benching? I just couldn’t get a comfy setup, and my fingers kept curling over my thumb. When the bar nestled in the groove my fingers were pulling my thumb in a very uncomfortable way.

I got home and tried to open the door and my thumb felt like I pulled it straight out of the socket. It hurt to move it in any direction. It was the left hand, which is my dominant one so I was fumbling and dropping everything. It’s the second day since then and it’s back to normal. But I have no clue what was going on with my left hand.

LOG # 324

Yoga with Tim

I give myself the giggles, because right now I completely forget that there are movements and lifestyles such as these concerning Yoga. I used to really be into Bikram. I used to weigh a very small amount so half of the stuff was extremely easy even on the advanced levels.

Now I’m just stumbling and falling every 30 seconds, but I find it fun to try new things and relax, and bring out some flexibility in myself. I thought it would be completely gone, however I’m still very flexible, just stiff most days.

Update:

There’s a bit of a problem that I’m having to deal with. My blood pressure has been freakishly low. Not to the point of Bradycardia, but it’s been giving me issues.

Four days ago, I woke up rather early, and I was talking to my mom in the kitchen, and I remember staring out of the window and my vision started narrowing, and everything went limp and I passed out.

I chalked it up to me needing to eat since I had just woken up, and I woke up very early.

My friend flew in from Maryland and she’s been staying our place for the week. Yesterday was my husbands birthday, and we all went out to eat with his parents. Before we went to the steak house we all had been snacking on trail mix, beef jerky, etc. and I had a meal prior to the dinner. I was drinking plenty of water as well. We all step out of the car to meet his parents and the next thing I know I’m laid out in the parking lot again, with my husband carrying me to a bench.

So I started to get worried so after dinner we sang happy birthday and my husband opened presents and we stayed at his parents house for a bit, and I started to feel like I was going to pass again, so his parents took me to the hospital and my mom met us up there after my husband called her.

Apparently my blood pressure has been low for quite some time. I kept drowning out the frequent headaches to sinus issues so I’d mostly ignore them. I still am having trouble bringing up my levels of Vitamin D, and I’m pretty sure that’s not helping either. My cholesterol is looking good, nothing concerning heart issues, or diabetes. No hypoglycemia, or thyroid issues either, insulin was fine, and no arrythmia’s.

I told the doctor who was looking me over that I’m planning to compete, in the near future, and that I powerlift/weight train. He mentioned something along the lines of having more salt intake( not just salt but other earth metal salts as well), which I also have been struggling to get enough of. He chalked it up to weight training being something that could exacerbate low blood pressure, espeacially if it’s been around for a while. I mean thinking it’s been low for quite some time, I also have marked somewhere in my logs of me noticing that sometime last year. Before I ever started training I also didn’t have this problem.

So I’ve been home now. And I was instructed to take it easy and drink Pedialyte and have it on deck for workouts. I didn’t want them poking and prodding me and I didn’t really want medication since I’m sure I can fix this through my diet, and timing things better, so they kept me over night, and released me yesterday morning. I tried to see what I could test in the gym this morning and it really wasn’t much. Technically it’s deadlift day, and 225 was the cut off, because I was gonna pass out again. So I decided to stop being stubborn I went home and decided to do something else. So I’ve been walking in the park with hubby for a bit.

I’m trying to figure out exactly what dosages of stuff I need. Even the high end of potassium/magnesium/sodium/calcium seems to be only just enough. Meaning I need more. So I’m just gonna have to play around with it. Right when I wake up seems to be when I need stuff the most, before and after a workout, and sometime during high noon.

So everything is going to have to be put on hold for a while. I don’t know how long, and I don’t really care how long, I just want to make sure I’m okay. I haven’t really been eating anything solid, and most foods I’ve been having a hard time eating without becoming nauseous anyways. So I’ve been getting everything through liquids. Bought some Mag10 last week, and it’s not too harsh on my stomach. I just blend it up with ice, pedialyte, and drop some frozen mangos in there.

I’m feeling okay right now, but I’m very hungry and confused as to what else I can eat, because I haven’t tried much of anything else.

Sorry to hear that Cyber hope you will get well soon

Pedialyte is good, there is better that I use. All organic no sugar added come in nice flavor and it is powder so it is easy to carry and adjust dosing. I did double dose in warm summer day when I feel like crashing. Look for Ultima replenisher.