Enter Planet Cybertron

I was going to keep DL sessions on Mondays. Squat and bench Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. That’s just what I wanted to do.

But I’m thinking of rearranging it around a bit differently once more. I think I’ll keep the same frequency set up as Westside. Squat/DL, Bench, squat, bench.

1 Like

LOG # 316

Bench

No warm up. Felt like crap.

85x5

105x5

125x3

155x5

165x1

175x5 +4 singles

Secondary:

Seal rows:
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

Compound rows: 50lbs AMRAP

Great session…just felt like crap. Shit ton of sinus pressure. Hate Pollen.

2 Likes

LOG # 317

Jump rope vs. squat jumps

30 second rope jump, 30 second squat jumps for 10 mins.

I should’ve just let myself rest. Cramps were like non-existent. Didn’t feel tired or lethargic at all, and I guess I provoked the full on wrath of prostaglandins once more. This time around it flared up that direct spot of my lower back. Felt something like that one finishing move with Johnny on Mortal Kombat

http://img10.laughinggif.com/pic/HTTP3d3dy5nYW1lZG90cy5teC9tZWRpYS9nZC9tb3J0YWxfa29tYmF0X2pvaG5ueV9mYXRhbGl0eV8wLmdpZgloglog.gif

Score for pissing off my hormones…again.

3 Likes

Sounds awful! Hope you are feeling better?

2 Likes

I’m doing better. It clears up within a day.

LOG # 318

Deadlift

Hadn’t deadlifted in almost two weeks it seems, so everything was all slow and dragging again. But that wasn’t the most annoying part.

Warm up: leg press 135x20

150x5
185x5
225x3
240x5
275x5+1 single
315x4+5 singles

Secondary

Hypers:
Holding 45
x10
x10
x10
x10

Hanging leg raises w/ 10lb plate between legs:
x10
x10
x10
x10
x10

DUDE.

This Bruce lee, Larry the Cable Guy hybrid looking son of a bitch was the dictionary definition of a fucking nuisance. Lucky me, he decided to setup not even 2 feet away from me.

This guy was using 315-330 for doubles and was SCREAMING at the bottom of every single squat. I take it he was a powerlifter because not too many folks walk around with Slingshots on their gym bags. You don’t even have to squat ass to grass.

He’s screaming so loud it’s rattling my eardrums through my headphones, and I had my music at the highest setting. It’s ehoing through the entire gym and everyone is staring at him with a face like someone left their phone ringer on during church service.

I asked him if he could tone it down just on decibel, and he looked at me and brushed me off and continued to scream like a fucking idiot. Something told me to just early this morning, but I decided to sleep in with hubby since he took some vacation time and will be off for the weekend.

7 Likes

Screaming in not a good use of the valvasa resting technique…he needs to get a clue.

3 Likes

Um screaming with 315? Unless he’s 105lbs he’s no power lifter.

Not competitive anyway.

2 Likes

Agreed. All you’re doing is pushing out that extra stability

This dude was relatively top heavy, with nice calves (I’ll give him that). Wraps, belt, and everything. He was nothing under 200 I’m positive.

I can understand how tense it feels at the bottom of a squat, a deep one for that matter, but if I don’t even make so much as a squeak using the same weight, why in the neon colored hell is he screaming loud enough to shatter glass.

2 Likes

Because he’s a shitcunt.

7 Likes

Time to change gyms?? Sounds like your gym is constantly full of fuckwits

3 Likes

This made me chuckle way harder than it probably should have.

1 Like

Yea I’ve been wanting to for a while. Not sure where that’ll fall in the list of priorities to get done, but it’s definitely not in the top three at the moment.

But eventually…

1 Like

Clearly not a PLer then.

4 Likes

LOG # 319

Squat

Warm up: airdyne bike 5 mins leg press 225 x10

150x5
185x5
225x3
260x3
290x3
315x1+3 singles
The next jump was 330, but my legs and butt were kind of exhausted, and I couldn’t even unrack. I also felt my back give a slight pop. Didn’t hurt or anything, but I just stopped right there.

Secondary:
Leg press:

405lbs
X10
X10
X10
X10
X10

Hypers:
Holding a 25
X10
X10
X10

Yoga with Tim. Lol

I’m so embarrassingly off balanced lol

I’m also thinking that I need to go way way way back to when I first started lifting. I remember specifically that I was glued to the leg press. I remember it also helped tremendously as an assistant move in helping my squat. As big as my glutes are already, they’re lagging. As my quads get bigger they hog more and more of the load and they consequently get exhausted the fastest. I’ve been trying other things and single leg work but that’s the one thing I haven’t been implanting for a while, and I remember it really helped get me to where I am now.

It more than likely has much to do with proportions, but the leg press hits my glutes better than thrusts or that adductor machine by a long shot. So I’m going to add some volume leg presses with relatively heavy weight for a while. Wide stance and feet together to get the inner, middle, and side of my butt.

4 Likes

I knew I wasn’t crazy.

1 Like

LOG # 320

Bench

Warm up: foam roll rhomboids, rotator cuff dynamic movements (that shoulder circle thing)

85x5
105x5
145x3
165x3
175x3+3 singles
180x3 +2singles +1 single

My fist bump buddy was at the gym today. Nice guy. He helped spot me on that last rep just because I was overly shaky. And he did it CORRECTLY. He’s Thicker than a jar of peanut butter, and his lifts are awesome for him being 185-190lbs. He’s about the only person who doesn’t get on my nerves, aside from my other gym buddy who’s a kick ass mom. Haven’t seen her in a while.

Assist:

Compound rows:
120lbs

X10
X10
X10
X10
X10

Hanging leg raises:
X10
X10
X10
X10

6 Likes

Wasn’t sure what I needed today…turned out to be this hahaha

3 Likes

great workout there Cyber :slight_smile:
Have you signed up for a meet btw, can’t remember.

2 Likes