Enter Planet Cybertron

LOG # 273

Bench ME

Warm up:

just the bar x 10

135 x 2

155 x 2

175 x 1

190 x 1 I had perhaps 10-15 more pounds left in the tank, and one or two jumps, but I’m finding not completely exhausting my bench press is the way to go, because I typically feel it in my triceps and lats where my number will fall that day. Or even week.

Switched it up this session by ditching the accessory work for this one time, did one assist movement, and trained deads

Floor press: 135lbs worked 5 rep sets. Wasn’t counting the sets. Just working the groove and learning how to work without the use of leg drive.

Not sure what it is about mastering the 315 mark, but once 315 is something you can do on your worst day, it’s pretty easy to use it as a working set.

Granted I was feeling extra confident so I went and took 315 to failure just to see what that number was in relative speak. Managed to get 13. Not too bad. Not too bad.

Finished with foam rolling, and empty bar deadlifts.

Definitely getting the feel for listening to myself. While this session topped out at 2 whole hours, I spent a great deal of time focusing on being aware of how I was feeling. As time goes it be able to assess it quicker.

3 Likes

LOG # 274

Swimming drills

50m back

50m freestyle

50m freestyle

50m breaststroke

1 Like

4 Likes

LOG # 275

DE squat

Warm up: 5 min walking, just the bar x20

Box squats 315 7x2

Assist:

Leg press: 135 3x15

Hamstring curls: 70lbs 3x10

Back extensions: 130lbs 3x15

Cable crunches 7x10

Mobility work

Foam rolling

3 Likes

LOG # 276

5 mile walk

Rehab stuff:

Hot/cold temp. Manipulation (epsom salt and jasmine bath)

Lower back stability movements

Ayurvedic stuff (peppermint oil on my hips, camphor on my lower back, compress my knees since they were feeling achy today).

2 Likes

It’s good to treat yourself with all that stuff to get rid of the aching.
The hours after is really relaxing.
DL 315 x 13 not bad at all girl :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOG # 277

5 mile walk

LOG # 278

Bench DE

Warm up: 5 min airdyne bike

Just the barx10

90x10

135x5

Working set: 160 8x3

Assist:

Floor press: just the bar wasn’t counting set but kept reps x 9

Triceps push down: 100lbs 3x10

Front press: 135x15

Compound rows: 100lbs 3x9

Hanging leg raises 2x15

4 Likes

Update(ish?)

Figured out what’s going on with this slight illusion my body is providing.

Was booping around and gave myself a quick look in the mirror and checked some body measurements, and I’m like, “the heck?!? My waist looks smaller in the mirror, but the measurements havent budged from 30inches? Why?”

However, upon measuring everything else I figured out why. As my hips get steadily bigger and thicker, they kind of provide an illusion of sorts making my waist look smaller. Which I’m not tripping about, although I did think that was a cheap move on Biology’s behalf lol.

Noticed I’m falling into the realm of 3-a-weeks, being the sweet spot for training frequency. Anything more and I’m falling apart again. Which is awesome in my perspective because, duh, more time to sleep lol.

As far as macro breakdown, and total calories, I’m legit surprised I’m able to progress at such a low number of calories. Topped out at a solid 1,300-1,400 calories for the past what…month now? Feeling perfectly fine. Protein is around 130-140, and carbs are mostly before and during training, and I’ll pop a few fish oil, magnesium, potassium, and two teaspoons of salt before bed maybe twice or three times a week. So simple is painful lol.

And guess what?!?

Yeaaahhhh your favorite PlanetCybertron has signed up for her first meet!! Whaaa?!?!

I will NOT be shooting for anything drastic. “Non-impressive”, is the name of the game this year concerning competing. My main focus is getting the feel for how competitions are, timing, how the competitors are, and how I deal under pressure, and feeling out a pattern for peaking.

The numbers I pick espeacially for squat and deadlift are going to be hella low. Bench too for that matter.

Meeting will be held in Beaumont, Texas (about an hour due East), on the 5th of May, which is the day after my birthday (hows that for a late birthday present? Lol. The federation is USAPL I believe. I know everyone has their opinions about that fed, but I’m not going to make a big fuss about it, because I think this fed is perfectly fine for me, for the time being.

Nothing spectacular other than that. I mean my hair is looking lucious lately, if that counts lol. Got my eyebrows done too, looking FIERCE lol.

11 Likes

5 Likes

@MarkKO’s turned into a gifbot :slight_smile:
But damn it girl, can’t wait to hear about your progress and journey to the meet.

3 Likes

I approve of your IPF approval. Hail Hydra

3 Likes

Gonna have to enlighten me on the joke because I’m not quite getting it

IPF and affiliates get hate for being all holier than thou and being strict and stuff

Oh yea that’s right. Forgot where I read it. Think I was reading one of Chris’s comments and such.

Hell yeah!!

LOG # 279

Hour walking around neighborhood

LOG #280

ME squat

Warm up: 5 min walk, empty barbell squat

Work up:

135x2

225x1

315x1

335x2

370x1

390x1 fail (missed right in the middle while coming up, managed to get to parallel and start coming up though. Had to dump the bar. Thank goodness for safeties. Was probably at my threshold for like supramaximal work, because I damn near started to pass out and everything just started falling forward, but managed to catch myself, and the weight.)

Assist:

CNS is completely shot. Completely shot. I’ve never experienced what it’s like to legitimately fatigue the giant mass I call my quads, but it’s like they turned into jelly, and my hands were doing the Harlem Shake lol.

Felt extremely tired. Half assed assistance work. Don’t care.

High bar squats: 135x20

Leg press: 150lbs straight set of 50

Back extensions: 100lbs straight set of 30

Hanging leg raises SS w/ cable crunches x60 going back and forth.

6 Likes

Kinda wish you had video of your 370 and 390. That would be very, very useful.

3 Likes