Enter Planet Cybertron

LOG # 268

Airdyne bike (AM)

35 mins

LOG #269

Squat (DE. The weight used is slightly heavier than the prescribed percentages I usually do, but I felt freaking amazing today so get er’ done. Forgot what time I got into gym. Football game was just coming on, so somewhere in the afternoon? Idk.

Warm up: 100KB swings

Work up:

bar x 10

135x8

185x5

225x 3

225 x3

265x1

Working sets: 315 7x2 (everything felt good, Have no idea where this gnarly bout of head whip came from on the last two sets)

Assist:

Front squat: just the bar, 5x10

Leg press: 135 2x10

Hamstring curls: 100lbs 3x10

Back extensions: run the rack 250lbs down to 50 x 10

Cable crunches: AMRAP

Mobility work

5 min walk

4 Likes

LOG # 270

Took an hour long stroll through my neighborhood. Well I’m actually still walking around.

4 Likes

Are you sick or crazy !!! Nice work

2 Likes

It wasn’t fast really. Just steady

1 Like

LOG # 271

An actual planned sparring/grappling match with hubby.

He tapped me out four times, which I’m still salty over.

Got a good sweat going, lasted for about an hour.

2 Likes

My wife and I no longer participate in rec sports together or compete against one another, both of us are extremely competitive and the salt levels when either of us loses is something to rival the Dead Sea hahaha I feel this sentence in my soul

6 Likes

LOG # 272

Technically this was supposed to be max effort for squat, but It hasn’t rotated enough for me to be recovered enough to attempt one, so I just decided to replace it with another dynamic effort day.

Squat DE

No warm up=eventual regret

Work up:

135x5

135x5

225x3

275x 2

275x2

Working sets: 330 7x2 (fatigue started to set in, so that last rep was a bit on the high side)

Assist: front squat: 100lbs 2x10

Leg press: 135 AMRAP

back extensions: 135lbs AMRAP

Db rows: 45s 3x5

hanging leg raises: 3x10

Stretching

5 min walk

Foam rolling.

2 Likes

If I get mad at my husband he just calmly says: “well you’re the one who wanted to do this”.

2 Likes

And that totally helps the situation, eh? haha

2 Likes

Sort of.

I typically suggest stuff, so when I don’t get my way my husband just bluntly reasons with me until we laugh it off.

We don’t really give each other too much trouble concerning anything.

I used to be quite rough around the edges, and my husband was very closed in a shell, but after five years we’ve become each other best and only friends, so usually with anything it’s not that serious.

But I feel you all the way lol.

4 Likes

Yeah, we’ve been married for a touch over 1 year, together for a bit over 3 haha so we are still getting it all figured out /whine/ Why didn’t anyone tell me that marriage is tought? /end whine/ haha

My pastor always says it best:

Marriage is just two imperfect people trying to work it out.

And that’s very true.

4 Likes

Aww i love that!! I’ve never even been close to marriage but that seems like the perfect definition.

1 Like

Stefi cohen (idk wheter or not you know her. But she’s pretty strong…)

2 Likes

Yea I have some of her videos saved in my YouTube feed.

1 Like

You guys ever have chess pieces thrown at you buy your spouse? Just me? Lol. Competitive red heads man, look out.

2 Likes

My mom threw a box fan at my brother once. And she threw a hammer at me one time I kept messing with her, after a roast session.

And once her and my dad were having race across the fields at my brothers high school, and she lost, so she pushed him into a sticker bush.

I’ll take a chess piece being thrown at me any day over a full fledged hammer.

I think my mom secretly just wants to watch the world burn.

#thatdivorcedmomstrength

2 Likes

Back from…a deload of sorts.

Of course for my whole self to recover, but even more so than that, this was a deload for myself. For my mind, emotions, and spirit.

There were quite a few things I had to stare down within myself because this process is a life long one.

Instead of looking towards the weight room to be the answer for everything I had to remember exactly where I came from. As a Believer I realized most of what I think matters, doesn’t. And it doesn’t warrant me stressing myself out and condemning myself, or guilt tripping myself, or scrutinizing others.

And In doing so I saw all doors open in what seemed like a simultaneous instant. From my school, to my understanding of my studies concerning Theology, from my marriage, to my family, and my weight training.

Today’s training was filled with nothing but enjoyment. Instead of constant frustration. I’m glad I haven’t lost sight of some important principles, because now I know how easy it is to get to that point.

5 Likes