Enter Planet Cybertron

Ha! That’s more like it.

I can’t remembe if it was you that said it, but I also think I’m overrreacting, because I see my lifts take turns in their progression. So far from when I first started out training, my squat has been the thing that’s progressed the most. I guess I’m not used to stalling because it had yet to do so, and now here it is. However my deadlift and bench are getting revved up. Because I thought I wasn’t going to see the likes of anything over 315, and now my deadlift almost matches my squat. And my bench working sets have gone up a lot as well. So I think I just need to kind of detach myself from overreacting so much or focusing on everything too much.

3 Likes

Quick question, should I just enroll in an open competition?

Cool. BTW, search Elite FTS for a Chad Aichs articles.

1 Like

Hell the fuck yes! That’s the thing a lot of people get wrong: don’t wait to compete until x, y or z. Get in there and do it. I’d have learned a ton more if I’d picked a meet three months out when I decided to have a crack at PL instead of training for nine or more months. That first year was just getting my feet wet and making my first proper mistakes. Year two was starting to learn the basics and three a continuation of that.

4 Likes

Ahhh there’s the enthusiastic Mark lol

3 Likes

You might need to find some purpose in all of this. Not so much a life purpose but a purpose for lifting and training hard. I’m the type that just enjoys the therapy of the gym. It works for me, but my wife is different. If she’s not training for something then she thinks there’s no point and she just kind of spins her wheels.

She’s a runner and wants to qualify for the Boston Marathon. She signs up for marathons, half marathons, and 5ks and has developed some friendships with some older runners along the way. They’ll get together and run at 4 or 5am sometimes. It’s great for her. She enjoys it and it definitely improves her quality of life. Take away her races and the joy of running eludes her. She needs a plan and a timeline.

Perhaps you could benefit from the same approach. Pick a date, sign up, and make a plan.

3 Likes

@planetcybertron I’m just going to leave this here. Call it a glimpse into your future.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeMkxQ1A8QV/

4 Likes

I knowwwwww. So close.

I’m finding that the leaner I get, it works in my favor to really wedge myself between my legs when I squat.

2 Likes

Just for context, this is her best: 600 lbs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTeTykRgEA-/

I can see you doing this down the track if you do things right.

2 Likes

Ahhh me too. Hopefully I can see the likes of 600. I’ve noticed everyone is twice my size though who has ever done that. At least the ones I can find.

I Suppose height sorta kinda doesn’t matter?

#RoadToSHW

2 Likes

Hopefully I don’t wind up extremely fat.

Will tell you how it goes when I’m 50kg fluffier.

1 Like

Your height is probably an advantage. From memory not all the women who squat these kind of weights are fat. Muscular AF, but not fat.

1 Like

Oh yea I know there’s quite a few of them.

Steph Powell

Crystal Tate

Megsquats(doesn’t have a strong squat, but she’s a killer puller)

Etc. lol

And no doubt on the height thing. That last sumo video I put up, the range of motion felt like absolutely nothing. If my hamstrings and quads don’t fatigue too quickly I basically have the pull everytime.

I’m just wondering how I’ll look a few more years down the line because I’m wondering where all this muscle is going to go because I’m only five feet lol

2 Likes

6 Likes

Puppies dude. I need to see people holding puppies.

Like this:

3 Likes

Attached to your bones…

2 Likes

Firefighters… everyone loves firefighters. :

1 Like

You’re supposed to humor my corny jokes lol

2 Likes