Enter Planet Cybertron

That looked good. You’ve done well to get your stance out that wide.

1 Like

Thanks Mark. Couldn’t have made it this far without you first helping me. That’s for sure lol

1 Like

I found this video to be rather informing, on a few things I didn’t quite grasp. And the technique modifications using light loads with the barbell is something I’d like to start implementing.

LOG # 264

5 mile walk.

I’m upset with myself for being upset with myself. I have no idea why I’m being so hard on myself, but all I can think to myself at the moment is, “you’re still not strong enough”.

Walking throughout my neighborhood, all I can do is choke back tears, and try to plunge through why I feel like this, and yet, I have no answer. Maybe this feeling will pass. I don’t know.

It irritates me when I get like this. I’m doing my absolute best to just be in the now. Right here, in the now. Enjoying the process, and while I can say that’s mostly what I do, it always gets mixed up in a 50/50 split with emotions like these. And for once I’d just like to stay stuck on autopilot and just feel content.

But for now I’m just going To keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

That’s a curse we all have to deal with, unfortunately. My mom constantly asks me what the point of going to the gym is, since I’ve hit all the goals that I set for 2017; nobody understands except for other people who lift. Try not to worry about it too much, just keep grinding.

I just found your log, though I’ve seen you post in other threads (following this now btw). Remember when your deadlift was 200lb? Damn. you’ve come a looooong way, and you still have a lot more that you’re capable of accomplishing.

This is the advice I was going to give you, but you already gave it to yourself. You know what’s up. What always cheers me up is looking back and seeing how far I’ve come. Once you realize how much you’ve already accomplished, it makes your future goals seem much more attainable. KEEP ON KEEPIN’ ON!!

1 Like

Hey Cyber
You have a DL PR on 350, you breaks 370 of the floor, that PR is coming.
You are one strong girl. And with that attitude you’ll be stronger :slight_smile:
As the vulcanoguy says, people who don’t lift, don’t know.
That is why we have this Forum. We all know that feeling.
Then you go home, go through your log, look how far you have come.
Wipe the tears, stand tall and proud and shout (maybe just inside) The next time you bastard Barbell, you go up, I own you… Lightweight baby
Go get it girl

2 Likes

Don’t forget this stuff is supposed to supplement our lives–not dictate them. Think about it; the thing you enjoy is upsetting you?? It sounds silly (in an overly simplified way).

I have goals as well and beat myself occasionally for not getting there, but there’s a big picture you have to consider. Sometimes you have to ask yourself “will my life be better if I do ______?” Will your quality of life improve if you’re stronger? Maybe. I think that the mental boost (confidence, self-esteem, etc) counts for something. But don’t lose sight of why we do this. Don’t let your joy, your outlet for life’s stressors, and your passion turn into your source of misery.

It’s just a phase. It’ll pass. Look on the bright side.

1. New deadlift PR this week!
  2. Your back is healing on its own!
  3. You’re slowly but surely getting back to doing what you want without limitations in the gym!

It’s okay to throw a pity party on occasion as long as it’s just a party and not a way of life.

2 Likes

LOG # 265

AM ( more like afternoonish) BB complex. Well it was more just practicing the Oly lifts. But since I’m not an Oly lifter I’ll just call it a complex. I used 95lbs for everything.

Push jerk: 5x5

Push jerk into snatch: x 10

Squat snatch: 6 singles

Power cleans: 6 singles

LOG # 266

PM conditioning of sorts. Probably shouldn’t have done it before benching, but I just felt like doing a bunch of stuff within these last two days.

Mainly pulling and pushing my car around.

20 yards x 5 pulling

20 yards x 5 pushing

LOG # 267

ME bench

Work up:

135x3

135x3

165x2

175x1

195x1

210x1 (miss. Failed midway. Wasn’t really concentrating. Had a good spotter with me so no accidents this time, however no more missing. I’ve been anxious to see where everything is so I can plug more precise percentages in, but that’s enough of that.)

Assist:

CGBP: 135 2x10

Assisted pull-ups: 3x5

Triceps push downs: 70lbs 3x7

Lat Pulldowns: 80lbs 3x12

50 KB swings

Turkish getups: x10 w/ 10lb dumbbell . Goodness I suck at these.

4 Likes

giphy

Everytime you mention a car i think of this. I just cant help myself lol.

6 Likes

I think I might have to start investing in actual prowler and sled stuff, because I seriously just rigged that up to the best of my ability. It mainly first came to mind because there’s been plenty of times where I’ve run out gas and had to push my car.

2 Likes

Investing in a prowler or sled Sounds like a good idea, and i mean Why drive a car when you can just push it. :grinning:

Orr maybe car pushing and pulling is good strongman training :wink::wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

I’ve gawked at a few videos of women pulling freights and towing trucks, and it seems legit.

1 Like

Its pretty amazing tbh. I dont get how people can pull aeroplanes either, Its crazy.

1 Like

I’d definitely equate it to their overall size. Maybe even absolute strength.

1 Like

Check out titan fitness dot com, they’re stuff is very similar to rogue, with half the price tag

1 Like

Of course you aren’t strong enough @planetcybertron. You’ve got an inkling of how strong you can be, so not being there is thorn in your side. That’s good. It means you won’t get complacent. Channel it. Keep working.

You want a 405 lbs squat. TBH, fuck that 405 lbs. You want 500 lbs, MINIMUM. Don’t even give 405 lbs a thought. That’s a formality because you’re good for more down the track.

Here’s my take, and tell me to back off if it’s none of my business: find a local meet three months or so out. Sign up, and establish a baseline. You’ll shit yourself for three months and get it done. Find another one six to nine months later. You’ll shit yourself a bunch less. Aim to add 15 to 30 lbs to your total, and keep repeating. Weight DOES NOT MATTER apart from your health. I’d say you’d want to aim for something like 330/180/330 for your third attempts. Why? Because you’ll get them with minimal hassle and gain confidence. Before you know it you’ll have a 1000 lbs total. Then 1100, then 1200 lbs. Down the track you’ll be looking at 1500+ and you probably won’t have hit 35 yet.

To an extent you need to take your feelings out of this. You are NOT your total, or your squat, or your bench or whatever. The bar doesn’t give two shits how you feel, your total doesn’t care either and nor does anyone else (OK, well, some of us do, but we’re your friends and don’t count in that respect). Do what you NEED to do to build that total. That probably means doing a bunch of stuff that isn’t fun, that isn’t cool, that doesn’t involve coming close to maxing your comp lifts. It also means embracing the suck: boring assistance, boring technique, boring pre/rehab, sticking to what you need.

I wouldn’t say this if I didn’t think you could do it but I’m confident you’ve got at least 500/300/550 in you in the next 10 years. Focus on that, not that four plate speedhump.

8 Likes

Yea. I think that’s the next step in all of this really. There’s actual animate things (family and husband), that actually care how I feel. I think I’ve been involving too much time in weight room in hopes of some congratulations, when I should be seeking it from my family and my husband, because while they irritate me they still like to see me happy, espeacially hubby.

Lately I haven’t been asking anyone anything, or saying hey, or asking how anyone’s day was. I just wake up, creep around the house, and spend most the day in the gym, or walking around the neighborhood or whatever else.

2 Likes

No no. Spot on dude.

1 Like