Enter Planet Cybertron

weight is back up to 200 this morning. Havent really changed anything except drinking a bit more water, so its expected. Cut off time for eating is 9pm. If i supplement with K, Mg, and salt water i usually dont wake up with muscle cramps, so thats that.

Not really seeing any changes except for the waist area and back area, which is good, but im wondering which areas are going to now be the most stubborn because i look nothing like i used to look. Probably going to be the backs of my legs. Maybe.

Ive been tired, but not in an exhausted way, just in a not used to having less amounts of carbs for this scenario kind of way.

Can fit back into my Tool shirt. Ah, i love that band.

Doc prescribed some pain medication, thats pretty much some kind of strong muscle relaxers that you probably compare to morphine. I dont really like them because it feels like im trying to pull myself from under a rock when i first wake up. I dont have to take them everyday, mainly aiming for maybe 1-2 a week? But if im hurting, theres no point in making myself suffer because i dont like medication.

1 Like
2 Likes

Tire flips might be my favorite exercise ever, so challenging but so fun.

If you’re tapering down your carbs I think you’ll see an improvement in this area in a couple weeks once you get adapted.

Have a favorite album? I can never chose but usually lean towards Aenama or Lateralus, saw them live once and it was outrageous!

This. No sense being in pain if it can be managed. And if you’re actually hurting, the drugs aren’t dangerous.

3 Likes

10,000 days, undertow, and And Aenima are my favorite albums, cant really choose either. I also like A Perfect Circle.

I haven’t been to keen on taking any meds. I don’t know, I didn’t like taking my depression meds either because I thought everyone would think I was psycho or something. But I realize that’s not true.

I’m feeling semi-okay cutting down carbs, I realize I’m not going to be as energetic as I would when I was eating enough of them. But its okay, I still have energy, just not spikes of it.

2 Likes

Also a killer option :ok_hand: I still remember vividly the first time by friend had me listen to Judas, very loud, on a Sunday morning, as we stopped at a red light next to a church. Unbelievable set of circumstances lol

Judas Priest right? that band?

1 Like

Haha nah, I meant Judith (APC). Had a couple other things on the mind that caused the typo.

Ahh okay I see lol

1 Like

LOG # 198

bench

~75% (considering my upper body is A-Okay in terms of health, I’m going to keep percentages reasonably on the higher side)

155lbs, 3x5

Volume set: CGBP, 135lbsx20 reps

secondary:

pullovers: 100lbs 5x12

dips: 3x8

DB rows: 4x12, using 30s

hanging leg raises: 6x12

10 min walk

LOG # 199

~1 hour tire flips, mobility work, Agile 8. Just priming myself for work.

*Back is feeling pretty good, ive noticed my hips are chilling out a considerable amount from walking so darn much.

*morning weight is at the high end of 203, low 204. not really tripping because when I looked in mirror I looked leaner than usual. And most if not all of that normal muscle fullness is pretty much gone. I feel all small and whatnot lol.

*calories are at 2,200, dropped off an extra 100 calories, gonna keep them at this number for about two weeks and then reassess.

2 Likes

Morning weight: 201lbs

noticeable leaner pretty much everywhere. Waistline is down to 29.5ish. Havent measured anything else. Dont really feel like it.

Sort of getting used to having this kind of energy levels, sort of not.

Pain meds make it almost impossible to get myself out of bed. Overslept for work by 3 whole hours, im surprised they werent mad when i called.

2 Likes

LOG # 200 (yay! 200 logs!)

deadlift

225lbs

3x5

Volume set: 185 2x15

secondary:

back extensions: 200lbs AMRAP (~60 reps total)

DB rows: 30s AMRAP

chest supported rows: 135lbs 3x10

adductors: AMRAP

hanging leg raises: AMRAP

Auxiliary movements: pretty much mobility stuff

static stretch my back

15 min walk

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I decided to do a slow, clean bulk for a while. I gained 10 lbs in 4 days and I now have a square physique instead of that nice V taper.

I already want to quit and cut back to 220 lbs but I’m going to ride this out.

I understand how you feel when everything about your diet makes you look worse than you’d like. Hopefully with some patience and persistence we’ll both come out on the other side better than when we started!

3 Likes

LOG # 201

Morning weight 201. Feeling really crappy. So tired and angry.

5 Mille walk. Hated every second of it.

Food tastes like garbage to me right now.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I’m seeing a bit of progress in the mirror, but my measurements and scale weight are all over the place right now.

Just being patient right now. So far I’ve retained strength quite well, I just feel the utter struggle with every rep.

I can see more definition but I guess it’s just the break down of fat, but it looks so weird. Kind of patchy-like.

1 Like

LOG # 202

7 mile walk

mobility stuff

LOG # 203

Bench

165 4x5

Volume set:

CGBP 135 x 20

assist:

compound rows: AMRAP 100lbs

underhand BB rows: 3x5 just the bar

lat pulldowns: AMRAP 70lbs

lower body volume:

135lbs low bar squat: 25 reps, mobility stuff after

back extensions: 145lbs AMRAP

hanging leg raises

Agile 8

10 min walk

Update:

waist measurement has gone all the way down to 28 in. Yasssssss!
Morning weight upon using the bathroom before eating is 199 on the dot.

Measurements for my lower body haven’t changed, bust area and circumference of biceps has gone down by half an inch, give or take.

Strength is doing pretty well, still have bouts of inflammation in my lower back, but it no longer hurts to bend over or tie my shoes, or twist my torso to the left or right.

I swear on everything I look all skinny and whatnot, but its really not as bad as I think whatsoever. Mostly with clothes on it seems that way.

I also haven’t really been eating enough at all. I don’t know what it is about eating less, but after a while I just lose my appetite. Pretty used to the low carb thing now, so I have no problems with having energy throughout the day. Calories are at 1700-1800, so ill probably level it out 2,000.

4 Likes

LOG # 204

high-rep DB/bodyweight work, all by 20 reps. :

Dips

pushups

BW squat

DB standing press

DB hip thrusts

Db Rom. Deadlift

situps

2 Likes

LOG # 205

2ish mile walk.

Afternoon grappling with hubby. Maybe about an hour. Hes very heavy.

1 Like