Enter Planet Cybertron

And sorry for me not giving a video I don’t think I have permission too yet from the site

1 Like

Depth you want or depth required? Just curious.

Hmmm depth required in all honesty.

LOG # 3

Today was all heavy lifting no pump work.

Back squat is now at 340.
Bench is still at 140
Deadlift is now at 205.

Back squat: 5 reps with 340, ( half squatting at first and then slowly getting to 90 degrees on the last two reps) then 18 reps with 180 pounds to help open up my hips going full butt to grass.

Bench: 12 reps with 90 then 7 reps with 110 then 3 reps with 140

Dead: 5 reps with 180, 5 reps with 90, 5 reps with 205.

Don’t feel like posting my meals I had throughout the day, but I managed to get roughly 2500 calories in today. Mostly carbs and protein, not so much fat today.

Now aside from lifting, there's been something bothering me. I'm just stressed I won't make it through my educational career. I'm not even done with my 2 year, let alone completing my 4 year. I'm not too worried about monetary expenses as I've been keeping up with the grants I have been getting and if I keep my GPA high enough I'm guaranteed a scholarship as long as I keep focused. But... I just... I'm so worried. I'm striving for a PhD or a Masters in Hematology. I'm nervous because I have no idea if I'll get into medical school, I'm not exactly wealthy at all, and I hear Residency and Fellowships are tough. I'm not crying for pity or complaining because the tough and fierce make it, but I'm human, and my heart is rather heavy right now. I prayed tonight and as usual will give my problems to the Lord God, but my mind just won't shut up with all the insecurities. I'll be okay, I can keep steadfast and I refuse to give up, but my goals just seem very far away. I just needed to get this out somewhere so I figured why not here.
1 Like

Don’t stress on the school stuff. You sound motivated enough so just take it one assignment and one class at a time and things will fall into place. Stressing about something you care about is normal. On the bright side, that squat is pretty badass.

Thanks man. I went ahead and tried the cue of spreading the floor with my feet and it helped quite a bit plus I played around with the wide and narrow stances and going back and forth with them helps if I’m mainly doing wide stances are super wide stances, granted I can’t go that heavy with super wide.

1 Like

Good. Better than trying to squat deep for the sake of it.

Also, with the worries: do what you can, and what you can’t isn’t worth worrying about. Hard work breeds good luck - the longer I’m around the more I see evidence of that. Maybe not always easy, but it works.

Not a real thing, also awesome squat.

Consider being a strength athlete. You should do what you enjoy doing. You can always add other stuff in later (or cut) and in the meantime your strength and muscle base would become awesome.

Googled, in for Beignets.

1 Like

Ahh I see. Well thank you for the kind words :slight_smile: and I always thought of over development to be something that’s not rather even at least from a bodybuilding competing standpoint but if it’s more or less bull chips thanks for the new found info sir :slight_smile: and I’m also wanting to compete in the women’s division of powerlifting for sure :slight_smile:

Mm. Thank you for your kind words Mark. And I know nothing worth fighting for us ever easy, sometimes I just keep forgetting to take life 1 day at a time.

1 Like

Besides, worrying just means it’s important to you. As long as you can reign it in when necessary it shouldn’t be harmful. I say that as someone who worries A LOT. Like I said, you do what you can.

There’s a Banjo Paterson quote that applies (I’m Australian): ‘a man who has done his best, has done enough.’

I couldn’t agree with you more on that sir.

What’s it like in Australia? So far I’ve only ever been to Germany

It’s pretty good. We didn’t get as messed up by the GFC as Europe or the USA and despite the incumbent government’s rhetoric we’re doing quite well. People are pretty relaxed, although there’s a disturbing increase in xenophobic attitudes which seems sadly pretty universal (and in a country that’s made up of immigrants I just don’t get how that even happens), but nothing too awful. If you’re prepared to work you’ll do OK - plus we’ve got pretty good social security and healthcare if you’re really buggered. You’re generally going to be better off living in a city though. This is not a country suited to European style farming but they keep persisting and persisting, so rural areas tend to be a bit worse off. Nothing super terrible though. Education is decent too although we need more people to go to university, and since it’s partially subsidised there’s no reason not to.

I’ve lived in the Middle East and England and I’ve been through western Europe and I wouldn’t trade where I am now.

Can explain in depth what that means? Please? And I would LOVE to travel there, the people have always seemed “Ford Tough” lol. I like America. Giant land of opportunity, however We are slowly imprisoning ourselves and our presidential candidates are a damn joke

Broadly, there seem to be a fair few white Australians who hate the idea that people who aren’t white want to live here, because apparently they forgot about how many of them are only Australian because their parents emigrated here. The fact that we’ve got a small, aging population that is relatively short on necessary skills doesn’t enter into the debate.

As a country, we’re less than 300 years old. We started out as a dumping ground for English prisoners (the English followed their usual approach of ignoring the indigenous population). Then came settlers when it turned out you could raise sheep and cattle reasonably well in some regions. Then we had a gold rush or two and that brought lots of different groups over, notably Chinese as cheap labour as well as southern Europeans (I think). I think it was around that time (early 1900s) that the federal government decided something needed to be done about what was left of the indigenous population, namely getting rid of it, so huge numbers of children were taken and fostered to white families in the hope they could be removed from their culture. Luckily it didn’t work and we still have an indigenous population, but it’s kind of marginalised in many ways, despite a lot of legislation giving indigenous communities a significant degree of autonomy.

Then post 1945 a fair few refugees from Europe came over, and then things really took off with various decades seeing Vietnamese, Chinese, Balkan, Middle Eastern and South Asian immigration.

Bottom line, without people coming in we wouldn’t be the country we are today. I think it’s something we see more of nowadays with borders becoming less relevant that sections of the population feel threatened when there is an influx of people of markedly different culture and/or ethnicity just because the newcomers are different. Then you add in conservative right wing politicians exploiting this and it just kind of snowballs.

That being said, 90+% of us rub along perfectly happily together and the variety of cultures in the cities is awesome.

I guess we are kind of tough, because this is a country whose climate, landscape and wildlife actively tries to drown, eat, poison, cook and/or dehydrate you. I mean, I think we’ve got nine of the 10 most poisonous snakes; sharks; various jellyfish; funnel web spiders (Black widows won’t kill you); and crocodiles. Then you get the bushfires and floods, but unfortunately they never happen at the same time in the same place. You’ve only got to look at our two favourite sports: rugby league (in case you aren’t familiar, football without padding that doesn’t stop every play and in which until recently it was legal to pick someone up and dump them as long as you didn’t drop them on their head); and Australian Rules Football which is best described as a mix between soccer, rugby and basketball where the players generally shoulder barge each other to knock their opponents off the ball.

Whoo. That’s a lot of historical facts there. All though I do enjoy learning new information. I’ve come to appreciate all cultures. And the Australian culture in all honesty is pretty badass. The spiders though lol. (Shivers). And I can understand how any cultures that are different from white cultures tend to be looked at as an epidemic almost. With all the “black pride” and “black lives matter”, and the “race wars”, and “terrorism” crap going on over here, not to mention everyone’s freaking out about America collapsing because we’ve got to choose between two idiots to oversee our Nuclear weapons, but America to a sense has been a giant bully for centuries, every empire does fall in the end. But aside from all things political, Austrailians take the cake with what I think is perhaps the most sexiest accents on the planet lol. Hands down. Lol

I can already tell this is going to be my kind of log. Let’s see some work!

3 Likes

Aye aye Captain!!! :joy: