Enter Planet Cybertron

I hear British folks and people from the U.K, use that word like its just another dictionary word lol. In America however if you say that, that is a green light to start throwing punches lol

1 Like

I’m leaking through my pores with kindness and patience, and generosity. However throughout my childhood I’ve ran into very traumatic instances and I’ve learned to hoard the vast majority of all those attributes. I dump all of that towards my husband and family. And animals. Doesn’t matter if the animal is a dumbass, or out to kill me I still give them respect too.

That video made my afternoon lol. Now I’m gonna go subscribe and watch all of his videos lol

1 Like

LOG # 40

Today was BB work.

I hadn’t been eating like I usually do and my energy just wasn’t there, and I had a headache all throughout my workout.

Machine rows: 40lbs 20reps, 50lbs 10 reps, 70lbs 10 reps, 100 pounds 3x4

Shoulder press: 25lbs 4x7

narrow foot stance squats: 135lbs 5x5

ATG squats: 135lbs: 5x5

hanging leg raises: 5x8

leg press: 135lbs 5x5, 225lbs, 5x5, 225lbs straight set of 10

DB chest press: w/ 30s 5x5

EZ bar curls: 60lbs 3x5

leg extensions: 20lbs 10 reps, 35lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps, 100lbs 10 reps

calf extensions: 50lbs 5 reps each leg, 80lbs 10 reps, 120 lbs 5 reps, 140 lbs 5 reps

ab machine crunch thingy: 70lbs 10 reps, 85lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps

Jump squats: 15 reps

mountain climbers: 1 min

plank with 45 plate on my back: 1 min

Clean and jerk: 90lbs 5 reps, mixed with a push jerk down into a snatch for 5 reps

**** Was moving pretty fast through everything so it only took me an hour or so to finish up. Not bad if I was doing all this for time, but I wasn’t.

Weight is now at 89 kilos. Not bad not bad. All my clothes fit very nicely in the right places so I cant complain. Going grocery shopping tomorrow and theres a few foods I need to add to my diet and take away.

That wraps it up for today.

1 Like

LOG # 41

20 mins of jump rope HIIT

10 mins of elliptical

Played basketball after class with a few classmates of mine for half an hour as well before I went home

1 Like

LOG # 42

Heavy bench day: Hit a new PR of 190. Not much of a jump compared to my other lifts but I’m almost there to 200. yay!

I wouldn’t say I worked up to this in the usual ways I do. I was trying to focus on my percentages more so than anything, and it kind of made the workup process look weird when written down, and it ended up morphing back into something kind of 5x5ish.

warmed up with 100lbs for 5 reps. heavy bench calls for 80% of max, but I wasn’t making it to the 5 rep mark (even though certain spreadsheets for cube call for that). I still wanted my rep total to be something around what was recommended. So I ended up pushing 165 ( for 2x2 until I got out 10 reps.

Then I went ahead and pushed for a PR but worked up to it by adding 5 pound plates, until I felt comfortable enough to throw on the 25’s and two extra 5’s. All of them were in bursts of 2 reps. Kept the rest at 2 mins each. 175 2 reps, 185 2 reps, then I replaced that with 25’s for 185 for 2, and put on 2 5’s for 190 for 1 rep.

Secondary work:

DB chest press with 40s: 3x6

machine rows: 75lbs: 3x10 (for speed)

triceps extension with 50lbs 5x5

EZ bar curls w/ 50 for 4x4

Went ahead and coupled speed/explosive deadlifts as well, I was short on time so Everything was a bit fast paced.

warmed up w/ 135 for 5x5 (no belt, 2" deficit)

60% which added up to 183, but i just slapped on 185 because the plates are once again retarded.

Wanted to do 8x3, but i did 10x3 instead (w/ belt, same deficit)

Secondary work: was pressed on time so I could only push out 15 hyperextensions while holding a 45 pound plate.

Afterwards did 5x10 hanging leg raises for abs.

I know this really isn’t looking like the cube method at all, and I’m expecting it not to be, but im going to line it up to the real thing as close as possible due to school, which is why i couple workouts together. Eventually it’ll look like the real deal, but for now im just going to iron out the kinks as much as i can, and meet the rep and weight goals.

3 Likes

That is 195 by my math, typo? Either way you are 5 pounds from a 200 pound bench!!

2 Likes

Sorry that was a typo, my bad. Lol But thanks man!!! I have this feeling I might stall for a bit again before I make a another jump in numbers. My bench jump is always smaller compared to the jumps in squats or deads. But I think that’s just because I’m a woman. But we will see.

1 Like

Every body should Squat and Deadlift more than they bench so if all your lifts increase by 3% that would be 10 pounds for the Bench but 20 pounds for the Squat and Deads. (Please dont check my math :smiley: )

As for the stalling that is normal, then some month you will rip off a couple of PRs.

2 Likes

Bench is the slowest grower of the big lifts. Like, waaaaaaaaaay slower.

3 Likes

I wonder why the bench lags so much. I guess because the muscles involved aren’t as large as the dead and squat muscles.

1 Like

That’ll be part of it. Also the shoulder ain’t the stablest joint around. Also more small muscles means more moving parts you need to bring up to speed, which takes longer simply because there’s more to do.

2 Likes

I’ve been very irritated these past three days. With pretty much anything involving human contact. My husband has kind of gave me some space. This morning I shot some quick words that weren’t nice, at him, but I apologized and he understands.

But I’m gonna have to walk the walk and bust out all my skills handbooks so I don’t become something out of a horror story.

I’m struggling to balance school and work even though I only work weekends it chews into my study time. With the course load I have this semester anything less than 50 hours a week of studying disrupts my grades.

My lifts are sucking right now. I’ll get my latest log up tommorow, but I couldn’t even get 315 out for 3 reps for squat. I’m having issues finding time spaces to shove food in my mouth and I’ve sworn off living solely on protein shakes even though they provide the necessary macro and micro nutrients for daily needs. Once I hit 2,300 calories I’m panicking to find either make something or buy something on the go to get the last 5-600 calories in. These last two days I’ve been doing circuit and HIIT work just to keep myself Agile and quick.

Lastly is my sleep. I realize I need sleep, and I need a lot of it. I go to bed at 9-10pm most nights of I’m not condensing pages of notes down, and I sleep three times between classes for two hour time spans, which helps a lot but I’m still fucking tired. I’m not a coffee drinker either. All my tests are normal, blood work is good, not deficient in anything, Iron count is perfect, I just need more sleep, and my job is about to be the first thing that may or may not have to be put on hold. Could care less for the clowns at the warehouse anyways, although I am the upmost of patient with them.

So come Monday I’ll just watch diligently at my hour to hour actions and fix whatever I can.

2 Likes

Sounds like stress from all corners is wearing you down. Your reaction is normal by my standards, for whatever that’s worth. See how you go. If you can comfortably afford to ditch the job go for it. Also, if it makes it easier no harm in using predominantly liquid food for a while. The key is getting the calories, the macros and as many of the micronutrients as possible, so if drinking them works better for no there’s no reason to avoid it.

2 Likes

Well that probably exactly what I’m going to do. My husband has time to cook for himself because he just works and gets home at the same time everyday and then has the weekend all to himself. I’m lucky if I step foot out of class after 8. What I’m gonna have to probably do is constantly keep something liquified. I don’t mind blending veggies and fruit up the taste doesn’t bother me. My mom also makes this weird oatmeal and rice pudding blend that looks like a protein shake and I freaking love it with some cinnamon. Today I made around 4 shakes, and cooked a giant crock pot of rice, oats, and veggies the night before so I’ll just shove Tupperware in my backpack and eat it in front of anyone lol. As far as my job I’ve asked to be scheduled down to two days. Three is fucking pushing it and I don’t fully understand why. School is something out of a horror book sometimes when it comes to energy consumption. The brain literally eats up everything for thinking and problem solving and the like. But the time I come home I feel like I’ve worked a full 8-10 hour shift. Napping helps a lot and now I’ve brought a giant fleece blanket in my backpack and I’ve utilized the lounge areas all throughout my campus. So today was good. I’m also going to sep my preworkout aside because while it gives me steady energy I still crash ever so slightly.

1 Like

Hehe, my attitude when I was at uni was that since it wasn’t earning me money and was a monumental pain in the arse it was a low priority. On reflection, I shouldn’t have been at uni.

1 Like

Was wasn’t warning you money? If I may ask.

LOG # 44

I waited so long to log this session that i kind of forgot some minor details.

Heavy squat day: no PRs.

One goal I have is to be able to dish out high reps with heavy volume for my person. It worked for 200 on up to 250, however I couldn’t even get out 1 rep on 315 when I usually can dish out three even if my workup reps were a bit on the high side.

135 warmup: 5 reps.

175: widowmaker (have no idea what else to call it so I snagged some DC lingo).

200: 7 reps

225: 6 reps

250: 2x5

275: 1 rep.

I’ve found out that heavy-ish volume for higher than average reps helps me quite a bit. The trick for me is to increase reps while also increasing weight.

So I ended up letting leg day be that. I supplemented with leg extension and calf extensions at 140lbs for 5x5 each.

And some jump squats for 15 reps

However I’ve figured out a huge problem that was obvious once I looked at it. I’ve been clinging on to full body days with high volume for all three lifts. It helped a lot when I first started out, and was still giving me results during the start of fall/winter of last year, however now that it’s been nearly two years all it is doing is fatiguing my CNS. That’s literally all it’s doing, it isn’t even helping anymore. I can’t even cram two lifts into one day without next training session feeling aweful. I feel empty literally, and sluggish beyond reasoning, and my body wants to break form almost immediately. I’m literally in the pool with everyone else who benefits from two-three day splits. Today’s training was perfect because I solely worked on bench and secondary work, like I’m fucking prescribed to do anyways. Excuse the language. And I’ve noticed that I benefit very well from the secondary work still being relatively heavy (some sweet middle ground between light enough to not reach failure, but heavy enough to where It’s still hard enough to challenge me) But with slightly higher reps. Hopefully this realization will also transfer over into more energy and adequate recovery so I’m not so damn tired all the time.

1 Like

LOG # 45

Heavy bench:

Warmup: 115 5x1

135: I can’t remember if it was 7 or 8 reps

155: 5 reps

165: 4 sets of 1 (last rep on the set 5 became sloppy so I trashed that attempt)

Had to rest for about 5 mins.

175: 1 rep

All of this felt great to my surprise. Body Wasn’t up to getting to 195 like last time, but I tested out the waters to see if I could. Not ready yet.

Secondary work:

I actually had fun with this because I ventured off into the realm of incline exercises while seated.

Incline DB military press w/ 40s 5x6

Incline EZ bar chest press w/ 90lbs 3x4

Row machine: 100 , 10 reps, 115 7 reps, 140 7 reps

Triceps extensions w/50 lbs 5x5

There is this machine that I think is a hammer strength pulldown, but it looks weird to me. But this thing targets my lats like no other. And I rotated using under hand grip and over hand grip w/ 100lbs for 5x5.

Ab work: hanging leg raises with ankle weights 3 sets of 10.

1 Like

I can definitely agree with this. I’ve had people tell me and I used to think it myself that because I’ve been sat down all day I shouldn’t be tired but a long day at university tires me out more than most things.
I’ve also been having quite a lot of my calories from shakes recently. I usually have 400ml milk, two scoops protein and one or two scoops of oats depending how I feel and it’s about 500-800 calories. I know it’s all liquid but if I didn’t get it from there I’d probably just have takeaway food. Sounds like you work a lot more than I do too.

1 Like