3 Likes

LOG # 589-600

PPL

High rep/low rep rotation

•Bench
•OHP
•Squat
•Deadlift (variation)

Weekly rep ranges pushing 100 total per 3-4 days.

Sets vary in set up. Burner sets, paused rep, straight sets, etc.

PRs:
Bench 217
Squat 390
Push press: 160

Hadn’t logged much since I’ve been busy with school, but the deload I took was very helpful. Not gonna push the PRs since I can feel myself needing to cruise for a bit.

2 Likes

@BOTSLAYER

This is a brand spanking new song.

This artist is gonna be in the line up for the new Lost Lands festival this year.

Me and hubby are going next weekend and it’s gonna be awessoooooome. I’ll try to get some videos in to share

Feeling pretty good so I’m at the gym tonight. Gonna work the groove a bit on my usual stuff and focus on working my maxes up by the end of the year. See what this engine can dish out.

2 Likes

Concert update:

Lost lands was AMAZING! Me and hubby had a blast and it was great finally seeing Kai Wachi up on the big stage! And Dion Timmer’s Arcane songs were awwwwwwsooooome!

We managed to stay mostly sober lol

LOF # 601

10 mile road biking. Felt great being outside in the cooler weather

1 Like

LOG # 602

PPL Crusher/Full System Shutdown lol

•OHP

Work up 2-3RM

95x5
115x3
120x2
125x2
130x2
145x2

Burner sets:
3x10 95lbs
3x10 95lbs
3x10 95lbs
Straight set of 20 @ 100lbs

•Bench:

135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
Work the groove, nail lockout

•RDLs barbell
100lbs
3x10
3x10
3x10

185lbs
Paused rep @ halfway, 3 seconds
5x3
5x3
5x3
5x3
5x3

Burn! Just the bar, slow as possible negs
x7
x7
x7
x7
x7
Straight set of 20
Straight set of 20

•Squat :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Work up 4-5RM

100 x5
135 x5
225x3
275x2
315x2
Big jump!
340x1
365x1 (felt amazing and I straight up surprised myself being able to jump right back in to my heavy numbers after the trip. I’ll try to get this number or just around it, to be my somewhat usual? Working set number(s)).

“100 reps, figure it out”:
Just the bar:
x20
x40
x10
x10
x10
Singles until I hit 100

•Leg press
Unilateral

135lbs

Each leg, 25 reps

Pause @ the bottom

100 reps total

Whole session took about 3 hours.

Last night’s song:

2 Likes

Legs are in massive amounts of pain today image

1 Like

And I got some new gel products for my nails. Or should I say….talons lol

1 Like

Update:

Since it’s been cold for the last two weeks or so I’ve just been riding my bike and doing garage workouts.

Sciatic nerve has been full on bothering me so I’ve just backed off of my usual stuff to heal up. It’s okay most days, but it still nags me pretty much everyday and I have to either be standing or laying down. I can’t really sit for super long periods of time.

I feel quite comfortable doing the conditioning work for now. Don’t mind doing it for another month or so either. It’s been nice just sweating and enjoying outside.

1 Like

Also did self care day and spent all day after my exams pampering myself. Did my hair, took a warm bath, did my face stuff…aaaaaaand did this bomb ass set of nail art on myself.

3 Likes

How did I miss your return…
I’m so glad you’re back. Strong AF of course and sounding positive!
And what’s this about school?

Your lifts are mindboggling.

1 Like

Thank you! Always good to see you around as well.

Well, since I did pretty good on my midterm exams yesterday, I gave myself a reward in the form of pampering myself.

But I’ll be approaching my second year of med school come next year. It’s been an amazing experience so far.

2 Likes

New tattoo!

4 Likes

@BOTSLAYER New song for ya!

Will be getting back to logging soon enough. Been slacking on my DJing lol

1 Like

Hey guys!

Give you guys all a catch up. First….

I cut my degree short and graduated with a Masters in Counseling and two minors…err well postbacc degrees in Cognitive psychology and Therapy. I had a bit of a stress breakdown because I have come to the realization that I have been forcing myself to push through school under the weight of my fathers expectations.

I love helping others, specifically just listening to them. I love Therapeutic self care, I love counseling, and I love finding ways to improve human mental health. For a month I began to loathe my studies.

I want to enjoy what I love. And so I declared my Masters last week, snatched my diploma, shook some hands, took a single picture with my mom and husband and am now free to search a job of my choosing, and expand my mind and my heart to others.

I am more than a piece of paper, I’m more than money, and I’m more than mere academic success. And I finally told myself and my father that and it like I can breathe again. I thought I’d be a failure just up and leaving med school, but to honest…I’m not a failure. I’m just not.

Next…throughout that I have revived my old artistic talents and have become licensed in cosmetology. To be specific I’m a nail technician as well! I’ve taken on a slow clientele but it’s been lovely doing nails and just pampering lovely ladies I come across. I work out of a cute little studio. Not super fancy, but it’s a work in progress.

I’m at a point in my life where I fully understand how insignificant it is, to let this world jade you. Make you tired, stressed, and feel like your falling to pieces, or just a shell of your former self. Searching for something…anything.

I’m happy I’m doing what I like…love. And as my description on my profile here says “…I find myself immersed in the thoughts and feelings surrounding the experience of life and love…”

I wanna stay that way. That’s who I am.

9 Likes

As for training I did hit two PRs.

Broke the 400lbs barrier for squat (402 best). Finally lol.

Made it to 220lbs bench (made lockout, but form was hella shoddy)

Made it to 185lbs OHP.

I am absolutely proud of myself for these decent accomplishments. Never thought I’d be able to do anything like this.

However my recovery (mental health) is still not where I want it to be. And I’ve come to realize that my pursuit of strength is getting in the way of me recovering properly. It is not allowing me to do what I need to do by way of my relationship with food.

I am simply eating too much. And I’m coping with that in my usual disordered eating. Most days are good, but the bad days are bad.

I cannot get better unless I prioritize. My therapist can suggest all the best techniques to me, but it’s squandered if it’s not my priority.

So….

Essentially, your gal Cybertron is gonna be putting the super heavy numbers on the back burner for a while. Of course I’ll still be here and participate in the yearly challenges, but my training will be different. Strength will be there, but for maintaining as of now.

There’s tons of conditioning activities I wanna dive into. I suck at cardio so this’ll be nice just
getting good at breathing heavy and sweating.

Overall I’m still doing okay though. I’m just happy that I am listening to my needs and being honest with myself.

8 Likes

Here’s some pretty designs I’ve done so far for others

1 Like

These are the ones I’ve done on myself. I’ve managed to grow my nails hella long, but I may cut them back a bit. I keep poking people lol

1 Like