Enough Work?

For an upper-body template with the press, I’ve been doing something like this:

Press 5/3/1
Press FSL
Row SST
Some Pull-ups

Is this enough volume or does this look light?

Hate to be “that guy” but the volume of work is all dependent on the individual and their goals. You’re never going to know if you don’t give it a try. Run it for a cycle or two, look at your progress, and then try to decide if it was enough volume or not for you.

[quote]Sultan-of-Swing wrote:
For an upper-body template with the press, I’ve been doing something like this:

Press 5/3/1
Press FSL
Row SST
Some Pull-ups

Is this enough volume or does this look light?[/quote]

I think frequency dictates how much volume is appropriate. Are you hitting upper body twice a week? I can handle more volume if I’m doing one of those 1 bodypart a week routines, but much less when I’m doing a more strength oriented program like 5-3-1 with higher frequency. If your recovering and getting stronger your doing something right.

The volume is fine - you can EASILY adjust the volume while maintaining this template. So experiment and see how each part works and how it works TOGETHER in a training program.

I used the template today and am going to stick with it. I listened to the rep speed on the FSL sets and ended up doing 5 sets of 7 - terminating the set when the rep speed slowed. I’ve been using this template for a while, but a lof of times without the FSL. I like the addition of it.