Enough With the Bodybuilding Blogs

i dont know if anyone else is sick of going into the bodybuilding section of this website and seeing the front page covered in nothing but people deciding that their going to try a new program and must inform everyone in the world.

Isnt the reason why in our T-Magnum profiles we have a blog function??

now not all the blogs on this site im attacking as some are generally interesting, such as ryan’s trip to thailand and newbs progress blog in strength sports but the majority seem more fitted in the category of waste of time

am i the only person sick of these blogs? i dont really care about a 140lb kid trying to get hawt abz and a massive gun show

This was discussed before just recently. I agree with you in principle but the fact that some do end up as gems outweighs having to sift through the ones that are duds to me.

What happened to newb’s log by the way?

search for enough of the blogs. similar thread as this one.

Enough with the threads about the work out logs

No, but really there was a thread already started.

I have a thread with my WS4SB log, but want to transfer it over, or at least continue it in my profile blog because nobody answers any questions I ask anyways… or even comments. Not that I am doing anything impressive, but people are at least viewing it.

Maybe a mod can write a quick database script to convert from thread to blog. I’ve asked…

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1931931

[quote]Scott M wrote:
This was discussed before just recently. I agree with you in principle but the fact that some do end up as gems outweighs having to sift through the ones that are duds to me.

What happened to newb’s log by the way?[/quote]

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.

[quote]will to power wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.[/quote]

Again? Tell me the story!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
will to power wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.

Again? Tell me the story![/quote]

There was an article by Poliquin about gaining 29 pounds of lean mass in 30 days by megadosing fish oil. Newb suggested to the actual newbs in the thread that there might be ulterior motives to the article… his posts and those referring to it quickly disappeared.

There was an article by Poliquin about gaining 29 pounds of lean mass in 30 days by megadosing fish oil. Newb suggested to the actual newbs in the thread that their might be ulterior motives to the article… his posts and those referring to it quickly disappeared.[/quote]

Well that seems fishy (I keed!). I guess I better not bring up the recommendations of 50 BCAA tabs per workout or double Surge either.

Oh crap.

checking the skies for the inevitable lightning strike

Zap Branigan wrote:
will to power wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.

There was an article by Poliquin about gaining 29 pounds of lean mass in 30 days by megadosing fish oil. Newb suggested to the actual newbs in the thread that there might be ulterior motives to the article… his posts and those referring to it quickly disappeared.[/quote]

Wow.

I see this thread getting deleted very soon.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
will to power wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
will to power wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.

There was an article by Poliquin about gaining 29 pounds of lean mass in 30 days by megadosing fish oil. Newb suggested to the actual newbs in the thread that there might be ulterior motives to the article… his posts and those referring to it quickly disappeared.

Wow.[/quote]

…and imagine how a guy’s shit would stink, eating that much fish oil! My family would come after me with clubs!! ;D

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
will to power wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
will to power wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.

Wow.

…and imagine how a guy’s shit would stink, eating that much fish oil! My family would come after me with clubs!! ;D

[/quote]

Shit, had I read the article I would have written something similar. If that occurred in the DISCUSSION section for the articles then I understand it even less. I thought they made that section so that the authors wouldn’t get offended by some comments directly after their articles.

I hadn’t heard about that. Fucked up…

29 pounds of lean mass in 30 days is a ridiculous claim, I don’t care who’s saying it. And I have a ton of respect for Poliquin, I think he’s pretty brilliant.

But shit like that is just silly - I posted something in that other thread (his tips article discussion) about 50 BCAA caps per workout seeming outrageous. I take 12 - 4 before, 4 during and 4 after. I don’t think I could possibly stomach even 30 caps in one workout…much less 50.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

How about a courtesy flush?

Poliquin makes the most outragous claims. At some point it’s going to come back and hurt him because people will stop listening, which sucks because he really does know his stuff.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Poliquin makes the most outragous claims. At some point it’s going to come back and hurt him because people will stop listening, which sucks because he really does know his stuff.[/quote]

More important than that, we lost a regular member over it.

Newb might have gotten on my nerves at times, but he was a contributor and actually did lift weights…unlike some others around here.

Newb got banned.

You have a PM.[/quote]

I actually knew that and was having a little fun. He was easily the strongest young guy on here and a shining example of taking the quickest route possible to his goals.

And unfortunately I do not have a PM, they were turned off.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
More important than that, we lost a regular member over it.

Newb might have gotten on my nerves at times, but he was a contributor and actually did lift weights…unlike some others around here.[/quote]

[b]To put an end to this “telephone game”, Uber N3wb has not been banned at all.

His last login was on March 1, several days before the recent Poliquin articles were published.

Let’s get this thread back on track now, discussing bodybuilding logs.

Thanks.[/b]

Well that killed the conspiracy! I do remember him logging in with a new login rather than his usual UberNewb one…

Anyhoo, his log (the guy who shall remain nameless) was the only one I ever bothered to read, as he actually had a goal and seemingly trained for it.

As for the rest of them, they do seem to clutter up the forum a bit, especially as everyone already has the feature available to them. Maybe create a logs forum or something if people are keen to post them in public?