Enough Protein

Can someone give me some sample menu that is getting at least 300 grams of protein in per day? I am having a hard time getting that much in unless I consume huge amounts of protein powder, and I get better results with eating more whole foods. I can get my 2 servings of fruit and 6 - 8 servings of vegtables in per day, but I am running out of ideas for protein source.

Fat is easy, I just make up my % with olive oil and fish oil. I am getting tired of huge amounts of ground beef and chicken breasts, I can make each several different ways, but man, there has to be some other things to eat. Here is a sample day for me @ 275 lbs.

3 eggs fried in olive oil, 4 sausage links, 3/4 cup musk melon

shake - 2 scoops protein powder, olive oil, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cups mixed berries

1/2 lb ground beef, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup cauliflower

1.5 oz almonds, 1 oz cheese

2 chicken breasts, smoothered in mushrooms and onions, slice of cheese, 1.5 cups spinach, 1.5 cups romaine, olive oil

2 scoops protein powder mixed with 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Any Help???

You could add another scoop of protein to each shake.

You could add another meal in there, have a steak/fish/venison, etc…

You could keep Metabolic Drive bars at your desk/in your car depending on where you’re going to be most of the day inbetween meals.

If you’re bulking, a carton of milk will give you another 64g of protein if you have that with your meals.

Carry beef jerky with you.

There are plenty of options.

On my off days I only eat whole food…I have a chicken meal, a beef meal, a fish meal, an egg meal, and pb/cottage cheese before bed. Usually I also eat whatever my family’s having for dinner (daily “cheat” meal is really helping).

Get yourself some low-carb tortillas. That should add at least a few new tricks to each type of meat.

Try this breakfast instead.

6 scrambled eggs with cream cheese.
1 Shake (2 scoops whey, 4 tblspoons peanut butter, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 cup oats, ice and milk.)
106 Grams protein

Lunch

1 lb of Chicken breast
2 Bananas
1 shake (1 scoop casien, 2 scoops whey)

about 160 Grams protein

Snack- 2 cans of tuna mixed up with cottage cheese.

70 grams of protein

Dinner- Steak
1 Shake (2 scoops whatever kind of protein)
80 Grams Protein

Before bed shake (2 scoops casien)
40 grams protein

= 456 Grams of protein

When I really want to up my protein intake I wake up an hour early, chug a shake, and go back to bed. And you have a lot of room in there for peanut butter.

I’m assuming you want to lose weight based on your handle.

If it were me (a FFB myself) I would stick to eating 1 -1.25 g protein per pound of LEAN MASS. So you are 275lbs and approx what bf%? Figure that out and shoot there.

I’m thinking the number in my head isn’t too far off.

lean meat at every meal (6-8oz = approx 40-50g)
x 5 meals = 200-250g protein

• PWO shake = approx 30-40g
    = total of 230-290 grams of protein.

That should be enough. Lean beef (according to Thibs sirloin or top of loin only), buffalo, venison, chicken, wild fish, etc. Lots of veggies, some fruit at breakfast and some fast carbs PWO, and that’s it. Stick to lots o’ greens.

[quote]Hadow Khan wrote:
Try this breakfast instead.

6 scrambled eggs with cream cheese.
1 Shake (2 scoops whey, 4 tblspoons peanut butter, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 cup oats, ice and milk.)
106 Grams protein

Lunch

1 lb of Chicken breast
2 Bananas
1 shake (1 scoop casien, 2 scoops whey)

about 160 Grams protein

Snack- 2 cans of tuna mixed up with cottage cheese.

70 grams of protein

Dinner- Steak
1 Shake (2 scoops whatever kind of protein)
80 Grams Protein

Before bed shake (2 scoops casien)
40 grams protein

= 456 Grams of protein

[/quote]

Why anyone would ever “eat” like this is beyond me. 160 grams of protein in one sitting? Come on.

I guess if you weigh 250 lbs and are shooting for 2g/lb that would work. =p

Dude, like I was saying, switch in some wraps for your meals. I use the Mission Carb Balance tortillas. They’re almost entirely fiber and they still manage to taste good. You can make quesadillas, fajitas, chicken salad wraps, etc.

It’s not necessarily the amount that I meant. I am a firm believer in high protein intake so that’s not the issue. It’s trying to cram 1/3 of your daily protein down in one sitting(and not even post workout or breakfast), over relying on powders, and freakin tuna with cottage cheese haha.

Haha, whats wrong with tuna and cottage cheese?

Powders are great.

fitday.com is free and helpful for tracking calories, macronutrients and goals.

You’re probably getting more than you think.

Simply eating 8-10 ounces of animal flesh, 4-6 times per day should give you 200-300 grams of protein per day. This doesn’t even include amino acid supplements or protein powders or pre/post workout shakes.