Enough Muscle Mass to Lose Weight?

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
follow a healthy diet, and lift weights you will be happy no need to worry about cutting or bulking unless your interested in being a bodybuilder, which case i would tell you to eat healthy diet while consuming large amounts of food and lift alot of weights.

Well I don’t really care for being “big”…just want average muscle mass with cuts and to look extremely proportional.

http://www.gossipboulevard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bradpitt.jpg

^^ like that[/quote]

OMG no he didn’t! LOL.

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:
cueball wrote:
jbc07665 wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
follow a healthy diet, and lift weights you will be happy no need to worry about cutting or bulking unless your interested in being a bodybuilder, which case i would tell you to eat healthy diet while consuming large amounts of food and lift alot of weights.

Well I don’t really care for being “big”…just want average muscle mass with cuts and to look extremely proportional.

http://www.gossipboulevard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bradpitt.jpg

^^ like that

I believe you have exposed yourself, troll.

um…how am I trolling?[/quote]

Feb join date+4 total posts+skinny fat photo+“should I cut question” at 160lb+I wanna look like Brad Pitt=troll.

unaware…is there a secret hate for the brad-pitt types around here or something?

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:
unaware…is there a secret hate for the brad-pitt types around here or something?[/quote]

lol that is what we always make fun of, always.

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:
unaware…is there a secret hate for the brad-pitt types around here or something?[/quote]

No, everyone here loves Brad. That means it must be just you.

/sarcasm.

Oh and if you feel fat at 5’8 160 you have begun to develop an eating disorder. Good luck with that.

what do you suppose the odds are that this guy is the same guy that was posting here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/lost_weight_increased_bf

Both join in feb, both post on the Bodybuilding forum even though they obviously don’t belong. Neither of them with a single post outside threads they started about topics that would obviously piss people off.

Yeah…

why does brad pitt piss you off?

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:
why does brad pitt piss you off?[/quote]

I noticed this observation posted by another member of this site and it really holds true… Ugh, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be like Brad Pitt, it’s not Brad Pitt dude you’re missing the point… but what is wrong with males of this generation when their first instinct is to aspire to look like Brad Pitt in Fight club and not Brad Pitt in Troy? or Arnold in…shiet any of his movies?

Where did the desire to become strong, big, and lean become replaced by being small and lean?

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
jbc07665 wrote:
why does brad pitt piss you off?

I noticed this observation posted by another member of this site and it really holds true… Ugh, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be like Brad Pitt, it’s not Brad Pitt dude you’re missing the point… but what is wrong with males of this generation when their first instinct is to aspire to look like Brad Pitt in Fight club and not Brad Pitt in Troy? or Arnold in…shiet any of his movies?

Where did the desire to become strong, big, and lean become replaced by being small and lean?[/quote]

Speaking from the general population’s point of view, physique’s like Arnorld’s are just too over the top. There’s a reason why the “meathead” stereotype exists…an average joe sees a big guy and says to him/herself “that guy lives in the gym”…also it seems unpractical to be that big. Lean and average muscle mass=healthy.

this is my take at why the general population wants to be lean with average muscle mass…I’ll probably get flamed to hell and banned but whatever.

do whatever the fuck you want

why the fuck are you asking some online people who couldnt give less of a shit about you to decide your life for you?

if you want to lose weight and you will feel better about yourself go fucking do it, fuck what others think

[quote]believedat wrote:
do whatever the fuck you want

why the fuck are you asking some online people who couldnt give less of a shit about you to decide your life for you?

if you want to lose weight and you will feel better about yourself go fucking do it, fuck what others think[/quote]

oh stop being so melodramatic and read my post again…the general population is retarded but that’s the way it is.

yeah…in short brad pitt is very small but very lean and muscular in those films, if you lose 15lbs you might be at a similar weight but your body composition will not be similar.

lift heavy alot, be intense, keep eating alot but clean it up a bit. rest repeat for five years. Then reevaluate and perhaps cut down then, maybe, but probably not.

this is a bodybuilding site what do you expect people to say to a saggie titted guy at 160lbs? cut now? have you read any other threads on the site?

if you couldnt expect what the answer of everyone here would be then be happy you apparently fit the general population

That mountain troll is sweet.

What’s the point in losing fat and having abs, if you only wear a medium or small T-shirt? Start lifting weights and eat, then consider “cutting”. Good luck with that.

[quote]jbc07665 wrote:

No. Except for the fact that you posted about him in a BODYBUILDING forum. This post would have been more kindly received in the Beginner’s Forum. The people in this forum don’t want to be small, and they quite frankly get frustrated and annoyed at people wanting to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club because this question has been asked…oh I don’t know 1,372,583.7 times in this forum already.

This forum is about getting big. Hulk sized proportions. Or at least Frank Zane style proportions. That’s why they call it Bodybuilding forum instead of “General Fitness” forum.

So to answer your question, the hate for Pitt is very out in the open here, as a function of all the people asking the same. damn. question. over. and. over. On a Bodybuilding forum. And over and over and over and over.

The answer to your first questions is No. No you would not look good. you’re 5’8 and 160, with fat. You’re not fat, you’re skinny-fat. Cut 30 lbs off that and you’ll look like a concentration camp victim, and be lean. but 20 lbs lighter than even BPIFC (that’s brad pitt in fight club).

If you want proportionate levels of muscularity you’ll need to be about 30 lbs HEAVIER than you are now, and a reasonably lean body fat level before you start your cut. 190 at 15% bf = 175 at under 8.5%.

And you’ll still be small. But at least you’ll be proportionate, I guess, if you work hard on trying to gain muscle in all the parts of your body including the legs and the ones you can’t see in the mirror (those being the glutes, quads/hamstrings, and low/upper back mainly)

Get to work gaining muscle. Easiest way to get rid of your flab while doing it is to NOT EAT SHIT. Don’t drink soda, don’t eat ice cream, or dessert, and don’t binge drink. don’t eat fried food. Eat steak, chicken, turkey, eggs, milk, fruits, veggies, cheese. Don’t eat a lot of pasta.

Don’t make it complicated. If you just work hard in the gym and eat a healthy diet with plenty of meat and veggies, you’ll lose most of the flab. You’ll have to eat a shit load and work a long ass time to get those 30 lbs up though. Get cracking.

Being so new to this, you can still make noob gains (Noobs pretty commonly gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.), and if you miss out on those you are going to regret it. Follow what Aragorn said, and that should be a good start. Get started on an organized program emphasizing compound lifts with heavy weights, and you should be good.

No. You are way too small to cut, but you can still lose the flab IMO.

first off, how long have you been lifting? i looked pretty much the same as you when i first started lifting and from experience i can say if you’re lifting as intensely as you should be then the fat will slowly disappear and the muscle that you develop will help you into a mindframe where abs no longer become a concern and mass does nothing but improve your physique…

most of that probably sounds like babbling but as a former skinny fat myself focus on improving your lifts, while making sure what you’re eating is healthy in terms of getting enough vitamins and minerals, then once progress stops focus on increasing calories, once you get the motivation from your lifting diet becomes RIDICULOUSLY easier

Did you have pectus surgery?