Enough Calories...

I’m having a hard time tweaking my new diet so that it gives enough calories. So currently I still eat a few other things not on this diet to get enough, but I’m trying to clean out all the garbage. What other healthy things could I add/change here to get around 3000-4000 calories?

This is how it goes:

Breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal (300)
2 scoops protein (240)

Lunch:
96/4 Ground Beef & Brown Rice (600)
1 serving green vegetable (100)
2 scoops protein (240)

Dinner:
2 scoops protein (240)

That’s a total of 2420 calories

Well first off why are you only eating 3 times a day? Eat 6 times a day with the same foods you have listed. Problem solved.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Well first off why are you only eating 3 times a day? Eat 6 times a day with the same foods you have listed. Problem solved.[/quote]

I do eat more than 3 times per day. As I said, the above diet was not complete hence the need for suggestions.

[quote]GhostNtheSystem wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Well first off why are you only eating 3 times a day? Eat 6 times a day with the same foods you have listed. Problem solved.

Hmmm… I suppose it would work. I’d have to cook more and buy more ground beef so that’s another hour in the kitchen and another $6/day in food, but I guess that’s not terrible.[/quote]

You “suppose” it would work? How much have you read on this site?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You “suppose” it would work? How much have you read on this site?[/quote]

LOL. Why do people even respond to guys like “Ghost”? Seriously. The guy obviously has done ZERO research.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

LOL. Why do people even respond to guys like “Ghost”? Seriously. The guy obviously has done ZERO research. [/quote]

That’s not an accurate statement. If I had done zero research my diet would have read:

Breakfast:
1 Bag of oreos
1 Pizza
2 Beers

Lunch:
1 Calzone
48oz Soda
3 scoops ice cream
4 Beers

Dinner:
Full rack of ribs
Fudge Brownie ala mode
Pitcher of sweet tea
4 Beers
4 Shots of Tequila

…which is about what my old diet looked like when I weighed 55lbs more than I do now.

CaliforniaLaw wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

LOL. Why do people even respond to guys like “Ghost”? Seriously. The guy obviously has done ZERO research.

That’s not an accurate statement. If I had done zero research my diet would have read:

Breakfast:
1 Bag of oreos
1 Pizza
2 Beers

Lunch:
1 Calzone
48oz Soda
3 scoops ice cream
4 Beers

Dinner:
Full rack of ribs
Fudge Brownie ala mode
Pitcher of sweet tea
4 Beers
4 Shots of Tequila

…which is about what my old diet looked like when I weighed 55lbs more than I do now.
[/quote]

Damn that sounds good. Try that for a couple months and let us know how it goes.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
GhostNtheSystem wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

Breakfast:
1 Bag of oreos
1 Pizza
2 Beers

Lunch:
1 Calzone
48oz Soda
3 scoops ice cream
4 Beers

Dinner:
Full rack of ribs
Fudge Brownie ala mode
Pitcher of sweet tea
4 Beers
4 Shots of Tequila

Damn that sounds good. Try that for a couple months and let us know how it goes.[/quote]

As I said, I did try it when I was younger and the result was that I weighed about 55lbs more than I do now.

BTW, I eat about 6-8 times per day. As I also said, the diet was incomplete and I was looking for suggestions. I’m hypoglaucemic and I have to eat every couple hours else I get fairly light headed.

But in any case, this thread has gone on a tangent unrelated to my actual aim. No worries. Thread terminated.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Well first off why are you only eating 3 times a day? Eat 6 times a day with the same foods you have listed. Problem solved.[/quote]

Bingo! Most people who have a hard time gaining weight would be suprised at how often they can fit MORE food into their mouths. Your meals might make you full, but 2 hours later you can fit pretty much another meal down there.

The size of your meals are pretty small too, you shouldn’t have a problem duplicating them.

I’m having a hard time tweaking my new diet so that it gives enough calories. So currently I still eat a few other things not on this diet to get enough, but I’m trying to clean out all the garbage. What other healthy things could I add/change here to get around 3000-4000 calories?

This is how it goes:

Breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal (300)
2 scoops protein (240)

Lunch:
2 scoops protein (240)

Dinner:
2 scoops protein (240)

That’s a total of 2420 calories[/quote]

if you just want to add cals to these meals, then eat regular ground beef (not lean), add olive oil, add dried fruit and nuts and coconut flakes to your oatmeal.

To add more overall, eat fruit, nuts, and dried fruit as a snack, or some sweet potato with sour cream, eat some whole hard-boiled eggs, make those peanut butter balls in Chris Shugart’s article…

But in any case, this thread has gone on a tangent unrelated to my actual aim. No worries. Thread terminated.[/quote]

So you start a thread asking a question using incomplete information, and when you don’t get the answer you are looking for you go back and change all of your posts to make it look like we didn’t understand you.

Brilliant.

Troll.

He decided not to quit curls so there’s hope.

Seriously though. I’m not hackin on the guy, but I don’t really get questions like this. You find foods that fill the macro breakdown you want, weight the cals according to time of day, first meal, pre/post wo etc. and eat it 6 times.

I especially have a rough time with things like “how do I get enough calories every day?” How bout the scientifically Earth shattering concept of putting some more food in your mouth.

It may be understandably harder for younger guys that are still living at home and don’t control the money though.