Ennuis

[quote]imhungry wrote:
I would like to request a personality analysis of HG from BG.

Hopefully free of charge, since i’m just an average guy with an average e-peen and a limited income.

Together, with Emily, I think they can sort out the psyche of the enigma that is HG.
[/quote]

There is no enigma.

Too successful, too soon sounds plausible.

No grind, no defeat, almost instant success ----> master of the universe.

I would not worry though, unless he is too successful for too long, but life has a way of showing you your limits.

One or two good kicks to the ball will get him in touch with humanity…

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

Sure that makes sense. And I agree, its nice to view the world from a new angle or encounter a different point of view that truly stops you in your tracks.

Not that you’d take my advice I’m sure, but maybe you should chase some experiences of the less tangible kind. Go on an esoteric adventure of sorts, no? The universe has afforded you the great privilege to not worry about money or work, you can use that to your advantage and find some real value to the objects of your life. As I tell my students, “let’s dream a little.”

At least that’s what I would do if I were in your position. But I’m a bit of tree hugger and also really like spending time alone. lol![/quote]I am an active member of an initiatory charitable group with an esoteric, hidden backbone and enjoy the knowledge I come in to.

On the side I’m very interested in dreams in general, various philosophies and see the obvious and hidden wisdom in classic storiess from The Oddessy to Hemingway, a hero of mine. New knowledge is exciting, no doubt.

I can take advice if it isn’t retarded.

What do you teach?
[/quote]

HA! That’s funny, I was going to tell you to look into the Freemasons, but thought that would sound pretentious.

Hidden wisdom. I like that.

Well, have fun with your French lady friend! Maybe she’ll show you something you’ve never seen before!! :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Are you Eastern Star? It would be an odd suggestion from a female, no doubt. Not being mean, I’m sure you understand.

Maybe she will, mostly she just matches my insatiable libido and kink. Fantastic sexual chemistry and a shame she’s only here a couple nights per year.

What do you teach?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

Hopefully free of charge, since i’m just an average guy with an average e-peen and a limited income.

Together, with Emily, I think they can sort out the psyche of the enigma that is HG.
[/quote]

There is no enigma.

I would not worry though, unless he is too successful for too long, but life has a way of showing you your limits.

One or two good kicks to the ball will get him in touch with humanity…[/quote]I kick back. Building wasn’t automatic. And the day DebD’s defeatism guides my world view hell will freeze over.

I didn’t see it as defeatist. She’s pointing out that there’s potential for fascination and awe everywhere, and she’s right.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Edit isn’t working.

Not calling you retarded was a general comment. And I may have been lucky to have a good family but I created my opportunities through decisions and action.[/quote]

Lol! That’s ok. My advice is indeed often “retarded.” That’s why I don’t give it often.

And I didn’t really think you were JUST a child of privilege. We all are given certain opportunities - you make of it what you will. You are also fortunate enough to already know that. [/quote]
I sense female insecurity… (:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I didn’t see it as defeatist. She’s pointing out that there’s potential for fascination and awe everywhere, and she’s right. [/quote]
I read it as lowering ones self to look up.

Not that I don’t have heros, idols and goals.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I didn’t see it as defeatist. She’s pointing out that there’s potential for fascination and awe everywhere, and she’s right. [/quote]

Not that I don’t have heros, idols and goals.[/quote]

I read it as needing to be positioned such that you can look life and other people in the eye and really see them, rather than holding yourself above and looking down.

IMO, she’s not wrong.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

FWIW I’ve been compared to George on the HBO series bored to death by a chick and a gay dude. A young George in the making. Also Stiffler according to others. I take comparisons with a grain of salt but these people actually do know me.[/quote]

I’ve been getting Tyler Durden since Fight Club came out.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I read it as needing to be positioned such that you can look life and other people in the eye and really see them, rather than holding yourself above and looking down.

IMO, she’s not wrong. [/quote]
I think its important to choose whom to respect. I personally watch and learn from people who have what I want. I don’t have time or energy for jabberwockey. I don’t give a shit how an Indian wraps his turban for example. (though I support his right to do so)

I just wanted to chime in that OP sounds far from remarkable indeed, and it seems like he just has no friends (as opposed to some form of world-weary ennui lol). With his shitty attitude, this is not surprising - it may take a lot of work, but I am sure he’ll probably fail at enjoying any sort of decent life if he doesn’t change his attitude anytime soon.

To clarify, I think anybody who doesn’t spend their entire day starting topics in GAL and SAMA - somebody who just so happens to be maybe, even slightly content - is leaps and bounds beyond the OP; sorry, OP.

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
I just wanted to chime in that OP is indeed far from remarkable and it seems like he just has no friends (as opposed to some form of world-weary ennui lol). With his shitty attitude, this is not surprising - it may take a lot of work, but I am sure he’ll probably fail at enjoying any sort of decent life if he doesn’t change his attitude anytime soon.

To clarify, I think anybody who doesn’t spend their entire day starting topics in GAL and SAMA - maybe even slightly content - is leaps and bounds beyond the OP; sorry, OP.[/quote]
It’s ok. FWIW, I’m usually in an office putting a fake green, playing flight simulators and looking at you people for entertainment. But yes I am here on a Saturday anticipating a fantastic night to come.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I think its important to choose whom to respect. I personally watch and learn from people who have what I want. I don’t have time or energy for jabberwockey. I don’t give a shit how an Indian wraps his turban for example. (though I support his right to do so)[/quote]

See, for me the question is WHY he does it, not how. Perhaps there is something there to fascinate or awe me, perhaps not. It’s your assumption that there couldn’t be anything of interest to you there that leaves you in a rather dull and uninspiring world, where the only people of interest are exactly like you. And really, how interesting can they be after a while?

At least, that’s what I read Debra to be saying.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I think its important to choose whom to respect. I personally watch and learn from people who have what I want. I don’t have time or energy for jabberwockey. I don’t give a shit how an Indian wraps his turban for example. (though I support his right to do so)[/quote]

See, for me the question is WHY he does it, not how. Perhaps there is something there to fascinate or awe me, perhaps not. It’s your assumption that there couldn’t be anything of interest to you there that leaves you in a rather dull and uninspiring world, where the only people of interest are exactly like you. And really, how interesting can they be after a while?

At least, that’s what I read Debra to be saying. [/quote]
Maybe so. I tend to be pragmatic. I would be bored to death listening to an Indian tell me why he ties his turban a certain way. Possibly a character flaw?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[/quote]

There is no enigma.

One or two good kicks to the ball will get him in touch with humanity…[/quote]I kick back. Building wasn’t automatic. And the day DebD’s defeatism guides my world view hell will freeze over.
[/quote]

Life can kick harder than you.

Whatever you build is dust in the wind.

This is something that you do not have to know intellectually, but viscerally.

So far, you dont.

You will never be a great general unless you have at least suffered one crushing defeat.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[/quote]

There is no enigma.

[/quote]

Life can kick harder than you.

Whatever you build is dust in the wind.

This is something that you do not have to know intellectually, but viscerally.

So far, you dont.

You will never be a great general unless you have at least suffered one crushing defeat.
[/quote]And while I’m dreading my 29th b-day in a week, life is mine to fight and continue beating for decades to come.

“winning” is a habit and while I’m sure dark realizations are waiting, I’m confident I will beat them.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Maybe so. I tend to be pragmatic. I would be bored to death listening to an Indian tell me why he ties his turban a certain way. Possibly a character flaw?[/quote]

LOL…not why he ties it a certain way, goofy, but why he wears a turban at all. Gotta be a pain in the ass, right? People treating you weird, hair getting all smelly and gnarly (I guess? I don’t even know, that would be a question to ask if ever I talk to a turban guy, huh?). And plus, WTF is it even made of? One long piece of cloth? Are these sold someplace or you just go to the fabric store? And who obtains these things, the men themselves? Or is it a chauvinistic group and the women have to get them?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Maybe so. I tend to be pragmatic. I would be bored to death listening to an Indian tell me why he ties his turban a certain way. Possibly a character flaw?[/quote]

LOL…not why he ties it a certain way, goofy, but why he wears a turban at all. Gotta be a pain in the ass, right? People treating you weird, hair getting all smelly and gnarly (I guess? I don’t even know, that would be a question to ask if ever I talk to a turban guy, huh?). And plus, WTF is it even made of? One long piece of cloth? Are these sold someplace or you just go to the fabric store? And who obtains these things, the men themselves? Or is it a chauvinistic group and the women have to get them?

[/quote]
Basically, who cares. If he’s worried about stinky hair he should be asking me about the merits of shampoo and introducing his daughter to me, so long as she’s freshly showered.

I know this illustrates your point piggy backing DebD but what does that knowledge possibly do for me and why should I be curious about it?

How David Rockafellar exists in general is interesting to me. I would be his under study for sure.

Hemingway, again, is interesting to me. Buffet though I don’t understand all of his quirks, Jim Morrison randomly… but not just any old thing.

I think a general point of interest is an important aspect of a healthy curiosity. Smelling every rose you pass will surely cause you to incidentally sniff the shit in the fertilizer too.

I don’t want to spend time sniffing shit. Which brings me back to a lack of desire to lower myself so that I can look up.

Well I better grab something to eat and freshen myself up.

It’s a shame you can’t spend more time here during working hours, EQ, this is fun. Unfortunately I’m not always lazing around on a Saturday evening :frowning: and you’ve missed some awesome gender conversations in SAMA.

Until next time, my friend, probably in 2012 at your current activity level. Or maybe tomorrow. I will most likely be worn out, smugly satisfied and watching netflix/perusing the web.

So do you think it is a run from this ennui that drives you, but then once something is accomplished, creates a new and deeper state of it?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
So do you think it is a run from this ennui that drives you, but then once something is accomplished, creates a new and deeper state of it?
[/quote]
I have no idea… I’ve never tried to define my drive but that is an interesting concept I will give some thought to but I’m out!!!

Freaky sex awaits.