Ennuis

Okay carry on with your dull life then :wink: But youā€™re missing out.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
And, DebD, what do you do above making ends meet and surviving? Being female doesnā€™t make one special :)[/quote]

If I were here yelling to the forums how awesome I was, that would be a fair questionā€¦[/quote]
You do, on behalf of females in generalā€¦

Should I pretend to be poor and struggling to ā€œfit inā€ when I talk? I speak from my experiences the same as anyone. If I seem ā€œaboveā€ you its unintended and I apologize. I donā€™t feel that way.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
And, DebD, what do you do above making ends meet and surviving? Being female doesnā€™t make one special :)[/quote]

If I were here yelling to the forums how awesome I was, that would be a fair questionā€¦[/quote]

Should I pretend to be poor and struggling to ā€œfit inā€ when I talk? I speak from my experiences the same as anyone. If I seem ā€œaboveā€ you its unintended and I apologize. I donā€™t feel that way.[/quote]

There you go being feckless again.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Should I pretend to be poor and struggling to ā€œfit inā€ when I talk? I speak from my experiences the same as anyone. If I seem ā€œaboveā€ you its unintended and I apologize. I donā€™t feel that way.[/quote]

There you go being feckless again.[/quote] Iā€™m going to look that up right now. It might be my new favorite word. Iā€™ll have to thank that dude in the depressed thread formally.

You know I love you, DebD, donā€™t get sensitive.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I can agree with arrogance and I tend to be polarizing (shocker) but donā€™t really give a shit, there is always some one else to meet if I rub a person the wrong way and I tend to draw many people in too and not always intentionally. I think confidence in general threatens and repels some while attracting others. I agree though, body language, tone et cetera sound uber manipulative in discussion and may be when deliberately applied to bring about an outcome but yes these tactics no doubt work and are employed discreetly by successful sales people for sure. They also have applications in any social scenario you wish to control to some degree.

I do enjoy providing jobs, financial tools people actually retire on and the ability to be charitable. I heavily support the Scottish Rite Childrenā€™s Hospital in Ft. Worth, Shrine Burn Hospital in Galveston and some others to a smaller degree and find it fulfilling. I think I would be bored in any career once I caught my stride and no longer felt challenged.

As far as women are concerned, I donā€™t care which is which, I actually pride myself on being able to read people (sales again) and do generalize for the sake of broad discussion. Respectable or not I just want to get laid. Iā€™m not looking for a ā€œsoul mateā€ though I wouldnā€™t turn down an exceptional woman. Mostly though, yall are a dime a dozen, tats or Prada.

Mom is great, dad too. They met in college, married after, bought a house had me and my sis a few years later. We both graduated Tier 1, I have my MBA, mom taught kids with anger issues in public schools dad retired from a large company as a regional sales and marketing exec, both were highly supportive of school, extracurriculars, involved in our personal lives et cetera.[/quote]

I crossposted you earlier and then wandered away while the page was loading too slowly.

Tats and Prada are both superficial indicators ofā€¦nothing. Perhaps therein (superficiality) lie one of the problems?

I think some people are just inclined to boredom. I know I love the changeability of my job and the climate I live in and the guy Iā€™m seeing. Job is different with every family and plus I have the crisis component. There are occasionally attacks at my workplace to keep things interesting and I laugh at work every day, very often to the point of tears. I left Texas for a place with seasons, which I love. I need change and Texas was crushing my soul with its visual sameness. Guy Iā€™m seeing surprises me often and though weā€™re still in early days itā€™s hard to imagine boredom (there are things that may become issues, but boredom isnā€™t one of them and I suspect he feels the same way).

Your family sounds nice. Do you spend a lot of time with your sister?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I can agree with arrogance and I tend to be polarizing (shocker) but donā€™t really give a shit, there is always some one else to meet if I rub a person the wrong way and I tend to draw many people in too and not always intentionally. I think confidence in general threatens and repels some while attracting others. I agree though, body language, tone et cetera sound uber manipulative in discussion and may be when deliberately applied to bring about an outcome but yes these tactics no doubt work and are employed discreetly by successful sales people for sure. They also have applications in any social scenario you wish to control to some degree.

I do enjoy providing jobs, financial tools people actually retire on and the ability to be charitable. I heavily support the Scottish Rite Childrenā€™s Hospital in Ft. Worth, Shrine Burn Hospital in Galveston and some others to a smaller degree and find it fulfilling. I think I would be bored in any career once I caught my stride and no longer felt challenged.

As far as women are concerned, I donā€™t care which is which, I actually pride myself on being able to read people (sales again) and do generalize for the sake of broad discussion. Respectable or not I just want to get laid. Iā€™m not looking for a ā€œsoul mateā€ though I wouldnā€™t turn down an exceptional woman. Mostly though, yall are a dime a dozen, tats or Prada.

Mom is great, dad too. They met in college, married after, bought a house had me and my sis a few years later. We both graduated Tier 1, I have my MBA, mom taught kids with anger issues in public schools dad retired from a large company as a regional sales and marketing exec, both were highly supportive of school, extracurriculars, involved in our personal lives et cetera.[/quote]

I crossposted you earlier and then wandered away while the page was loading too slowly.

Tats and Prada are both superficial indicators ofā€¦nothing. Perhaps therein (superficiality) lie one of the problems?

I think some people are just inclined to boredom. I know I love the changeability of my job and the climate I live in and the guy Iā€™m seeing. Job is different with every family and plus I have the crisis component. There are occasionally attacks at my workplace to keep things interesting and I laugh at work every day, very often to the point of tears. I left Texas for a place with seasons, which I love. I need change and Texas was crushing my soul with its visual sameness. Guy Iā€™m seeing surprises me often and though weā€™re still in early days itā€™s hard to imagine boredom (there are things that may become issues, but boredom isnā€™t one of them and I suspect he feels the same way).

Your family sounds nice. Do you spend a lot of time with your sister? [/quote]tats to Prada was a generalization for all women, an illustrating though not literal spectrum.

Iā€™ve always thought it would be fun to be a detective or task force cop but the money sucks and I value my home, boat vacations et cetera. Superficial ā€œthingsā€ maybe but fun and exciting.

I hate cold weather and yes, Dallas sucks. I love Houston actually. Austin too. The coast, specifically S. Padre (though the Caribbean is my fav), hwy 16 in general and the Chisos mountains. Plus hunting is fantastic, I like it as much as fishing.

I see my sister a couple times a month. She calls for support a lot, we have a healthy relationship. The whole family; aunts and uncles, surviving grandparents, cousins get together for holidays, b-days and randomly. Iā€™m not a broken boy.

Maybe just a thrill seeker with a greater desire for wealth than hobknobbing around the world will allow. I do plan to build equity for awhile, sell and retire early though. Then the whole world can host me more frequently than it does now :slight_smile:

Huh. Well, this was an unexpected bit of insight.

I actually feel bad for you, HG. Youā€™re such a live wire! Iā€™d imagine you being endlessly entertained by the fruits if your own imagination. But now you just remind me of a character out of Jerzy Kosinski novel.

If you retire early, wonā€™t you be even more bored?

I would like to request a personality analysis of HG from BG.

Hopefully free of charge, since iā€™m just an average guy with an average e-peen and a limited income.

Together, with Emily, I think they can sort out the psyche of the enigma that is HG.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

I actually feel bad for you, HG. Youā€™re such a live wire! Iā€™d imagine you being endlessly entertained by the fruits if your own imagination. But now you just remind me of a character out of Jerzy Kosinski novel.

If you retire early, wonā€™t you be even more bored? [/quote]
I donā€™t catch your reference and maybe. But, I met a sexy French chick in town on business a few months ago and sheā€™s back.

Tonight will be exciting as she is usually inaccessible or ā€œhard to getā€.

I do lead an active life by any standard, bored may be a misnomer.

FWIW Iā€™ve been compared to George on the HBO series bored to death by a chick and a gay dude. A young George in the making. Also Stiffler according to others. I take comparisons with a grain of salt but these people actually do know me.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

I donā€™t catch your reference and maybe. But, I met a sexy French chick in town on business a few months ago and sheā€™s back.

FWIW Iā€™ve been compared to George on the HBO series bored to death by a chick and a gay dude. A young George in the making. Also Stiffler according to others. I take comparisons with a grain of salt but these people actually do know me.[/quote]

Oh donā€™t worry about the reference, its not important.

In other words, you have enough diversions and youā€™re not bored and just being a dramatic. youā€™re silly.

I love that show btw! Its actually filmed in my neighborhood (so now you can think of me while you watch it). And youā€™d make a great younger version of George! Although George is often surprised by life - does life surprise you, HG?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

There you go being feckless again.[/quote] Iā€™m going to look that up right now. It might be my new favorite word. Iā€™ll have to thank that dude in the depressed thread formally.
[/quote]

Nah, buddy, I should be thanking you!

I absolutley had no idea you were the celebrity de lā€™annee around these parts. I merely assumed you were just another witless Texan.

After the fascinating insights into your personality from this thread (and with the promise of more to come, no less!), I think an adjective as paltry as ā€˜fecklessā€™ is doing you a grave disservice, and certainly unecompassing, now that Iā€™ve been sufficiently enlightened.

Oh, and French women, a class of their own; and capable of varying degress of batshit insane. I lived in a Parisian suburb for 6 terryfying years. Godspeed to you this evening.

[quote]CopingMechanism wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[/quote]

Nah, buddy, I should be thanking you!

I absolutley had no idea you were the celebrity de lā€™annee around these parts. I merely assumed you were just another witless Texan.

After the fascinating insights into your personality from this thread (and with the promise of more to come, no less!), I think an adjective as paltry as ā€˜fecklessā€™ is doing you a grave disservice, and certainly unecompassing, now that Iā€™ve been sufficiently enlightened.

Oh, and French women, a class of their own; and capable of varying degress of batshit insane. I lived in a Parisian suburb for 6 terryfying years. Godspeed to you this evening.[/quote]
She is the quintessential ā€œwoman on an undefined missionā€ I rail about and I find her fascinating to hang out with. I fucked her ass the first night we met, too. I am looking forward to my evening.

Not sure what to make of the rest of your post. Thanks?

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

FWIW Iā€™ve been compared to George on the HBO series bored to death by a chick and a gay dude. A young George in the making. Also Stiffler according to others. I take comparisons with a grain of salt but these people actually do know me.[/quote]

Oh donā€™t worry about the reference, its not important.

In other words, you have enough diversions and youā€™re not bored and just being a dramatic. youā€™re silly.

I love that show btw! Its actually filmed in my neighborhood (so now you can think of me while you watch it). And youā€™d make a great younger version of George! Although George is often surprised by life - does life surprise you, HG?[/quote]I chase new experiences and am sometimes surprised. My family is certainly not NE American royalty but we have been in Texas oil since spindle top and I often jump in to the world with a different outlook than most, usually other perceptions surprise me, not necessarily experiences if that makes sense.

I enjoy trying to experience life in multiple ā€œglassesā€ kinda like George I suppose. Iā€™ve only caught a few episodes myself but it is a funny show.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I chase new experiences and am sometimes surprised. My family is certainly not NE American royalty but we have been in Texas oil since spindle top and I often jump in to the world with a different outlook than most, usually other perceptions surprise me, not necessarily experiences if that makes sense.

I enjoy trying to experience life in multiple ā€œglassesā€ kinda like George I suppose. Iā€™ve only caught a few episodes myself but it is a funny show.
[/quote]

Sure that makes sense. And I agree, its nice to view the world from a new angle or encounter a different point of view that truly stops you in your tracks.

Not that youā€™d take my advice Iā€™m sure, but maybe you should chase some experiences of the less tangible kind. Go on an esoteric adventure of sorts, no? The universe has afforded you the great privilege to not worry about money or work, you can use that to your advantage and find some real value to the objects of your life. As I tell my students, ā€œletā€™s dream a little.ā€

At least thatā€™s what I would do if I were in your position. But Iā€™m a bit of tree hugger and also really like spending time alone. lol!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I chase new experiences and am sometimes surprised. My family is certainly not NE American royalty but we have been in Texas oil since spindle top and I often jump in to the world with a different outlook than most, usually other perceptions surprise me, not necessarily experiences if that makes sense.

[/quote]

Sure that makes sense. And I agree, its nice to view the world from a new angle or encounter a different point of view that truly stops you in your tracks.

Not that youā€™d take my advice Iā€™m sure, but maybe you should chase some experiences of the less tangible kind. Go on an esoteric adventure of sorts, no? The universe has afforded you the great privilege to not worry about money or work, you can use that to your advantage and find some real value to the objects of your life. As I tell my students, ā€œletā€™s dream a little.ā€

At least thatā€™s what I would do if I were in your position. But Iā€™m a bit of tree hugger and also really like spending time alone. lol![/quote]I am an active member of an initiatory charitable group with an esoteric, hidden backbone and enjoy the knowledge I come in to.

On the side Iā€™m very interested in dreams in general, various philosophies and see the obvious and hidden wisdom in classic storiess from The Oddessy to Hemingway, a hero of mine. New knowledge is exciting, no doubt.

I can take advice if it isnā€™t retarded.

What do you teach?

Edit isnā€™t working.

Not calling you retarded was a general comment. And I may have been lucky to have a good family but I created my opportunities through decisions and action.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

At least thatā€™s what I would do if I were in your position. But Iā€™m a bit of tree hugger and also really like spending time alone. lol![/quote]I am an active member of an initiatory charitable group with an esoteric, hidden backbone and enjoy the knowledge I come in to.

On the side Iā€™m very interested in dreams in general, various philosophies and see the obvious and hidden wisdom in classic storiess from The Oddessy to Hemingway, a hero of mine. New knowledge is exciting, no doubt.

I can take advice if it isnā€™t retarded.

What do you teach?
[/quote]

HA! Thatā€™s funny, I was going to tell you to look into the Freemasons, but thought that would sound pretentious.

Hidden wisdom. I like that.

Well, have fun with your French lady friend! Maybe sheā€™ll show you something youā€™ve never seen before!! :slight_smile:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Your arrogance and inflated sense of self worth blinds you to the greatness of people around you which makes them boring to you and makes you bored because you are unable to be humbled enough to be inspired.[/quote]
Humbling myself to be inspired sounds very defeatist.[/quote]

If you were as great as you think, perhaps. But Iā€™m not seeing it.
[/quote]
What do you know though, DebD? What do I contribute to my employees, my community, society as a whole? How have I positively touched and influenced lives?

SAMA specific debauchery aside, who am I? Do you know?

You are just mad I donā€™t put women on a princess pedestal.[/quote]

I know because you do not see greatness in anyone but yourself and that are are uninspired, as told by your own musings. Great people are constantly inspired and this is how they become great.[/quote]
An MBA, building a business that does millions in revenue in two short years while in my twenties, taking leadership roles in various organizations and taking active roles in charitable societies is indicative of an uninspired life?

Emily is more accurate with under challenged. Sorry.[/quote]

They are both right.

Emily tells you what you are, Debra why this is so.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Edit isnā€™t working.

Not calling you retarded was a general comment. And I may have been lucky to have a good family but I created my opportunities through decisions and action.[/quote]

Lol! Thatā€™s ok. My advice is indeed often ā€œretarded.ā€ Thatā€™s why I donā€™t give it often.

And I didnā€™t really think you were JUST a child of privilege. We all are given certain opportunities - you make of it what you will. You are also fortunate enough to already know that.