Enjoy the Best First or Save the Best for Last?

I do both.

Start off with the best, enjoy that immense and great flavor, then eat the rest of my meal, then come back round and finish the best.

So like, if I’m having a burger with onion rings and the burger is the star of the show, I’ll start off with it, eat about half, then tackle the onion rings and then finish off the burger.

3 Likes

@T3hPwnisher I actually fucking do this. omg. +4000

1 Like

I’m convinced that, were we to compare serial numbers, we’d discover that were we QC’d by the same inspector.

Nope. I eat some of the stuff I need to eat (for nutritional value, like veggies I don’t really like) then get full with the things I want to eat. I’m a happy man.

And pwn makes a good point, which is what I also occasionally do with burgers and fries. Full circle baby!

One hand for the burger and one hand for fries, where you alternate between bites is an acceptable caveman protocol.

2 Likes

It’s been a loooooong time since I had fries, but one of my favorite tactics at a place with messy burgers was to eat them over the fries to add flavor to them. In n Out was especially good for this.

1 Like

I voted “best first” as “too full to enjoy” is a real thing.

But I’ve also been really hungry (e.g., eating an MRE somewhere in Iraq) and ate what I hated first, so I could stomach it down, then saved the best for later.

I’ve also eaten the best first for fear of dying before I get to the best.

In an ideal situation, a meal will have a couple of phases (not necessarily courses, but same idea), where there is a place for a savory, a place for a sweet, etc. Sometimes I like the savory more than the sweet. But it’s place (in that meal) was before the sweet.

Long way of saying, the answer to this question is highly dependent on the circumstances, both the situation where and how the meal is taken, the meal itself, and one’s own internal circumstances.

2 Likes

This! What uf something happens and you don’t make it to the best part.

1 Like

We used to call these Rat Packs (RPs). They came in 5 varieties, and RP5 had a can of fish curry. There’s no right time to eat canned fish curry!

2 Likes

Why fish curry and not just regular canned fish?

Combat is weird shit.

2 Likes

I have never been in a combat situation but I have seen some weird shit.

1 Like

@anna_5588 Just another weird example of army “logic” I guess!

1 Like

I think of it as “get the worst out of the way first”. So, I’ll eat my steamed kale or broccoli first (and on a separate plate) and then enjoy the good stuff. If there is nothing that I kinda despise, then the order isn’t important.

1 Like

I’d recommend curry pot noodle with a tin of tuna as an upgrade - I do this, no fear of death needed.

1 Like