I’ve taken the full dose from day 1.

5/20 pull day
Neutral Grip pull downs 3x165-9,9,8 1x121-11
Chest supported row machine 4x106 - 10, 10, 10, 9
Nautilus pullover 4x165-11, 10, 8, 8 and partials
Rear delt Flye 3x90- 12, 10, 9
EX Bar Reverese Curls 3x50 -15, 13, 12
Cable Curls 3x50-10, 9, 8

Number of reps went up on exercises repeated from last week (yay!).
Weighed in at the gym and must have misread my weight the other morning or my home scale is way the heck off - weighed 267lbs post workout today.

1 Like

5/21/21
Legs
Squats
45x14
135x 8
225x8
315-7
405x 2 This ties a personal PR I set when I was 17 in high school. I went for 435 but on the first try the crappy collars this gym has fell off and dumped plates on me at the start of my descent. Second try had to dump it on the safety bars coming out of the whole.

Leg curl 4x140- 17, 15, 16, 15 1 min rests

Leg Ext 4x100- 11, 11, 10, 10 + 10 partials.

2 Likes

sounds dangerous, glad you’re ok.

1 Like

Plates didn’t hit me but it unbalanced the bar in a nasty way.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re okay. That stuff’s serious!
A guy at my gym tweaked his back pretty bad from a misloaded squat- had to take 2 months off, nearly needed surgery

1 Like

Started a new program today: “Thanos” by John Meadows. Wasn’t sure what to expect going in. He definitely sets up exercises and rep schemes I normally don’t use.

Loved the first workout. Amazing pump and I don’t think I have ever felt my delts as much as I did today.

1 Like

Sounds like a recipe for some serious progress!

That’s the goal. It’s the first ever program I have paid for.
I have used a lot of the ideas he has in the program (drop sets, partials, iso holds) in the past, but there are couple of new things like occlusion training (kind of scary) and banded work I have not done before.

@aldebaran have any of the Meadow’s programs you have tried use occlusion/Blood flow restriction training?

2 Likes

Wow this is great, congrats you truck!

This is great, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy this kind of training greatly. Looks like more of a higher volume one.

You’ll tell me about how your leg felt tomorrow with the leg curl first (even though… set to failure + 6 forced reps + 20 partials reps… Jesus… :joy: )

I have never tried occlusion training no, just read about it. I’m eager to see your return on it

1 Like

It will likely end up being an iso hold instead of forced reps since i don’t have a training partner - it’s still going to suck though.

1 Like

5/25
Had to call an audible today. Switched legs for arms for 2 reasons 1) legs still sore from Friday’s workout 2) Didn’t sleep well last night*

Great workout. Set up as superset combos. So pumped I can’t straighten my arms either direction

Have to wait until Friday for the legs report @aldebaran

*Found out yesterday that my Dad ended up in the hospital with what they are deeming heart failure (his ejection fraction is way too low) and fluid has built up in his lungs and around his heart. He is only 59 but has been smoking for over 40 years. Doctors have to the vet the fluid out before they can go in with a catherization camera and stent or see if something else is necessary. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thoughts to you in this difficult time

1 Like

Thanks. There is a good chance if he quits smoking and follows the diet/exercise they prescribe that he could live quite a while yet (apparently “heart failure” is not equal to “heart stoppage”). From his past behavior though, anything that takes even the smallest amount of discipline/uncomfortable work to maintain is something he typically can’t handle.
Right now, anxiously waiting to hear more.

1 Like

5/26 Rest Day
5/27 Thanos Week 1 Back

3 Likes

Holy crap that workout looks intense !

This one wasn’t too bad. Actually felt pretty good. Banded hyper extensions were a lot more difficult than I thought they would be (have to use the skinny red band next time).
The away/normal pulldowns were something new for me and definitely blow up the entire lat.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

There was a video link in the program, but basically the first 8 reps you sit facing away from the weight stack (opposite a normal lat pulldown) then without rest switch to the normal position (facing stack, legs under thigh pad) for 8 more reps.
The away facing felt like it was activating the lower half of my lat more and the “normal” was more for the upper half.

1 Like

Oooh yes I do these sometimes facing away, never tried the combo, thanks for that!

1 Like