Cyclonengineer’s Engineering New Muscle

Also,
I am tracking my Macros for the first time this week. Shooting for a higher fat/higher protein diet with low carbs (less than 180 a day) to help manage my diabetes.
I found out it is incredibly difficult to eat 250 grams of protein (about .8 of my BW) a day.
Kept below my carb counts the last couple of days though.

Keeping this here to track a mediocre moment in posterity:

Post lunch Blood glucose was down to 132. I have not seen this number post meal in months (since last August probably). This is an excellent number.
So far tracking carbs and keeping fats and proteins up a bit is clearly helping.

1/22/20
Arms (in pursuit of 20” ‘walking around size’ naturally)

Dbell Hammer Curls 1x45-12, 2x55-9, 8
superset with
Tricep Pressdowns 1x120-15, 1x150-12, 1x170-10

Incline Dbell Curls 1x20-12, 2x25-9.5,
superset with
Dbell French Press Neutral Grip 3x40-10, 9,

Preacher Curls 1x70-8, 7, 5
Superset with
Dips 3xBW-15, 16, 13

So, definitely have not been keeping up the log.
Long story short, my gym keeps getting closed for “deep cleaning” so I am avoiding the contagion currently.
Working out at home has been spotty due to struggles with mental health (just got new medication, so hopefully it gets better soon). It’s been tough to get up early enough to even do some yoga or BW stuff.
Thankfully, weight has remained constant between 292-294 since the beginning of December. Currently very jealous of all garage gym owners.

Going to start tracking nutrition a bit so here is dinner tonight:

12 oz ground bison with 1/2 onion and 1 green pepper sautéed with garlic teriyaki sauce.
1-ish cup of corn (you can take the man out of the Midwest but you can’t take the “CornFed!” Out of him).

3 Likes

Breakfast: MetRx protein bar and Apple

Mid-morning snack: MetRx protein bar

Lunch Today:
Handful of grapes, 4 oz various cheeses, Built Bar (not as good as the Finnibars but less carbs), 2 hard boiled egges, Vanilla Muscle Milk.

1 Like

The protein supplement industry loves you!

1 Like

didn’t have time to make breakfast this morning so grabbed what I could from the convenience store that wasn’t too horrible for me. :smiling_imp:
Normal breakfast is overnight oats with wholefat greek yogurt, almond milk, and a handful of cherries or blueberries - definitely more economical.
I am thinking about ordering some of those egg whites pwn loves so much - I have trouble eating the amount of protein I want to in order to build muscle (trying to get >250g a day since I currently sit 280-285 lbs).

I am also trying come up with a way to keep my carbs fairly low (<200 a day) and still have enough energy for intense workouts. Getting used to eating like this before I start the Meadow’s program I purchased in May will be the key to success. I have no problem going intense at the gym, but keeping the diet consistent feels like torture.

Real Breakfast this morning:
Overnight oats with 1 cup whole milk Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup oats, handful of cherries.
2 slim jims

Morning Snack - 4 hard boiled eggs, 1 large apple

Lunch: 2 cups whole milk greek yogurt, 1 premade Beef Chimichurri microwave meal.

Afternoon snack - 2 oz walnut halves & pieces

2 Likes

Dinner
Taco salad and a protein shake.

Handful of strawberries

3 Likes

4/21/21
Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs, 2 “Kodiak Cakes” protein waffles with grape jelly

2 Likes

A champion breakfast.
This year I’ve reduced carbs tremendously and seen great results. Having the waffles is fine as long as you have the eggs!
Hows the blood glucose holding up?

Doing okay. Doctors are trying to dial in the medications since I can’t use the best drugs like Victoza or Ozempic for control since I have had pancreatitis twice.
Watching the carbs tighter has helped a lot.

1 Like

I love Kodiak! They makes these really good “power muffins”. I like making them with egg whites. I’ve even tried using a protein shake as the mixing liquid- very good

Morning Snack: Apple and 3 hard boiled eggs

Lunch: 1.5 cups lowfat cottage cheese (new brand - wasn’t very good), premade Healthy choice beef chimichurri meal (these are high in sodium but tasty and low-ish carbs). About 35 carbs for lunch
Macros: 33g C, 13.5g Fat, 49g P approx. 450 calories

Dinner last night: Jimmy Johns Cubano - bread “taken out”
Snack - Shared a Ben & Jerry’s pint with my wife.

3 Likes

4/22/21:
Breakfast: Piece of pound cake and Kodiak “Protein” waffles (x2)
Morning Snack: Apple, 3 HB eggs, 1.2 oz almonds
Lunch: Beef chimichurri meal, protein shake, 2 oz walnuts.

1 Like

Been eating a ton of left over taco salad lately. We had company and made way too much taco meat.
Trying to figure out a way to add calories without adding carbs and cutting back on dairy foods.

Down 7.5 pounds to 285.

3 Likes

Last night’s dinner:
Chicken tenderloins with sugar free BBQ sauce, half cup of rice, 2 cups green beans
Snack 1hr prior to bed: protein shake

4/26/Breakfast
Overnight oats with greek yogurt, almond milk, and frozen dark cherries.
apple
Mid morning snack: Almonds and unsweet applesauce cup.

1 Like

Dinner tonight is garlic roasted cauliflower and hot Italian sausage.

2 Likes