Cyclonengineer’s Engineering New Muscle

My friend was on lexapro for a while. Ppl got concerned that she had an eating disorder bc she was losing weight.

She didn’t. It fucked with her digestion and she was nauseous all the time

11/15/21

50 minutes climbing :man_climbing: at the place I am a new member.

Tough workout especially when one is as big as me. Might give me motivation to lean out. If I can get strong enough to do those upside bouldering hangs I will be happy.

4 Likes

11/16/21

70 minutes climbing at the gym today. Hands are raw but I managed to “send” (climbing has as much lingo as lifting) 3 decently challenging boulder routes.

The last two days I have definitely been the biggest one there by at least 50 lbs.

1 Like

60 minutes at the climbing gym. Got the route I couldn’t get on Tuesday but my left forearm is sore and shaky :frowning: Hopefully I didn’t injure it.

Route I climbed in black below

I am starting to see why climbers aren’t typically 285 lbs

Update: forearm feels better. Must have just tried too much in too short a span today.

3 Likes

Took my daughters to the climbing gym tonight. Mostly just helped them climb, but managed to flash a couple routes.

Also made it to the top of the taller wall at the gym. Big step for me, being afraid of heights.

Adding some lifting in here?, or just some burpees to help with the climbing…?

Lifting has taken a back seat but want to add it back in soon.

Good for you. How tall is it? My uncle works at a climbing gym and will usually take us when we go visit. I thinkk there’s 30ft and 60ft walls, plus short ones for boldering (is that what it’s called?).

Haven’t made my way to the 60ft ones yet…I prefer to stick a little closer to the ground, haha.

I think they are around 30 feet. It’s definitely not 60. That would scare the crap out of me too.

The bouldering walls at my gym are only up to 12 feet so you can jump off without a rope

Climbed tonight with the whole family about an hour. Definitely getting stronger/better technique on the bigger wall.

Bouldering is still a challenge outside the most basic routes but slowly figuring out each move.

1 Like

Did some yoga earlier this week at home.

Spent 1.5 hours on the bouldering problems at the climbing gym today. Definitely need to build up some forearm endurance. Good news is I will likely really have forearms like Popeye after doing this for awhile.

I leave for Christmas holiday next Saturday so don’t want to start a new weight program as my access to weights will be limited. Super Squats (abbreviated) and climbing for the new year.

2 Likes

Not really a training log, but being a father is one of the best things in my life (yeah it’s cheesy, but true).

11 Likes

My forearms are crazy sore. Grip strength is basically gone (it was kind of hard to squeeze the trigger on the dawn power wash bottle :rofl:)

Back to the climbing gym today for a 75 minute session. Felt weaker than last session could’ve been bad sleep or nutrition.

Met another big dude at the gym (260 lbs) and he said I am very solidly the biggest guy there. He was climbing some tougher routes than me so that gave me hope for the future.

2 Likes

Had an appointment with my endocrinologist today. My diabetes is almost under perfect control. He wants me to cut carbs to <100g per day and try intermittent fasting and Atkins type diets.

It will be tough but I know I can do it.

5 Likes

Not bad progress here

6 Likes

No motivation train this week

1 Like

Dedication > motivation

But that being said, gyms are fcking CROWDED this week anyhow. Just don’t be sedentary bro, go on a few walks so you don’t backtrack too far.

1 Like

Went on a walk with the kids today, about 2 miles. Have also been working in my yard. So at least not sitting on my ass.

I kept my anytime fitness membership and plan to hit that up at 5 am starting Monday to re run supersquats now that my back is better.

3 Likes

Good for you man. Keep us posted!