Engine Overhaul

Exactly! I think so too. I am not going back up there anyway. It’s best not to expose yourself to the problem. I would hate to end up in jail for Highlandering his ass with my sword. I carry several “equalizers” with me in the pick up. :wink:

1 Like

I would say you under-reacted for that situation.

Grabbing your thigh and making a cutting motion was WAY over the boundry line.

Next time just whack him along the head.

1 Like

Thanks 2busy. Let’s hope there won’t be a next time, because one of us is going to get hurt, and I am not planning on it being me. See, when I was fat this shit didn’t happen. They were all terrified. Grrrrr…

1 Like

Ew disgusting. Next time grab the f-ing scissors and stab him with it. Not that I would do that, maybe, IDK, but that was my immediate, and I mean immediate picture in my head. I’m so sorry that happened to you.

1 Like

Oh I told Pimp Daddy I was going to stab him if he come close to me again. Don’t know if he believed me, but I meant it.

1 Like

Somewhere around 175-180 lbs. Bad haircut, three chins, perfect resting bitch face. Six years ago no one would have even considered touching me like that. Boy did I screw up.

What’s done is done. All I can do now is to try and fix it.

My son is the most positive person I have ever known. He didn’t talk until he was 5 years old, but now he is one heck of a inspiration. He can find the silver lining in the darkest cloud. He has made me a much better person. So, I guess what I am doing here is, trying to get something positive out of this. And that is, I need use this as motivation to train smarter, train harder, to stick with it until I get to where I want to be. I need to focus and not get distracted by all the bullshit, that people who clearly don’t give a shit about me, keep throwing at me. I wasn’t going to lift this week because they needed my help. The more I thought about it, the more I said…Oh hell no!

2 Likes

11/23/16
Front, side and rear delt raises
Band pull aparts ( must do these before rdelts)
Feeble attempt and chins and dips.

That was just sad :sob:
Okay, question… it says to get good at pull ups you have to do it everyday. Would you do it before your main lifts to hit the weakest muscles first or after?

They were so difficult and taxing, I tried to put them FIRST, unless I was going to Bench Press. Now I can alternate training sets of BP and Pull-ups, but as a beginner either lift just wiped me out and weak on the next. Since you train at home, you could try doing a pull-up or chin every time you walk by the bar, or many throughout the day. I think that’s what you’re talking about doing when you mention training them everyday. BUT if you aren’t recovering well, then pair back to training them every other day, or every third day. They are SUPER taxing for women, in my experience.

It was helpful for me to work the negative/ eccentric / lowering part of the movement. If you need to give it a little hop to get your chest up to the bar then do that. Then lower yourself in a really slow, controlled way. Take a couple of seconds to slowly lower yourself back down.

Sorry if you already know this. I haven’t followed your log in awhile! You can do a BW Row/ Inverted Row as another variation to increase the time your back is under tension. Squeeze your back and hold, then slowly lower.

Thank you PPuff. These are definitely areas I need to work on.

1 Like

First my Garth Brooks Christmas CD, now this… this is bad, very, very bad.

Bob Ross would NOT approve!

Sorry to bump the story above but:

F**k that scum, and the others along with him. You can’t help everyone. Especially chronic drunken, drugged up, pieces of shit like them. The end.
No excuses, blaming it away, PC ‘you don’t know their story’ bullshit.

I also have strong feelings about pull/ chin ups; but it’s the Holidays, and I’ll keep my posts civil:)

Z.

Thanks Zman, that pretty much sums up my feelings about the incident. As far as the pull ups go, I plan on learning how to do them, or die trying… Or maybe just until I rip my shoulders out… :smirk:

Pullups, I agree with Puff, if you can’t do one start by doing negatives and the inverted rows. Spend a month doing that and then start doing pull ups…I would start easy and do them throughout the workout( 1 or 2 here and there). Once you start rolling you can program them in. I like doing them after my main lift but that is just a preference and not a key for success. You may also want to consider starting with neutral grip pull ups as they seem to be the easiest to conquer. and conquer you must young Jedi! Just weld a couple of 6 inch long pegs to your power rack and bam shazaam … Happy Thanksgiving

Thank you Master OG! I have disassembled my power rack for now, but have a power tower and one if those door jam thingys. Happy Thanksgiving! Eat BIG!

Happy Thanksgiving, CL! Have a wonderful day!

11/24/16

Wu= 10 BW squats

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x5/105
2x10/85

BP
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x5/75
3x5
Inverted rows between sets.

Did good considering the lack of sleep and food yesterday. By the time I got to the FSL everything tightened up and felt awesome! The is hope!

1 Like

11/24/16
Still didn’t get it all done.

BP
5x5/65 I think these are getting better :grin:

Chinese Rows
5x5/65

A few neg chins

2 Likes

Happy belated thanksgiving. Hope you find time to rest to recharge your “adventure batteries.”

11/25/16

Wu= 10 BW squats
Hip T = 10
Bridges 10

DL
1x5/125
1x4/155
1x1/175
0x1/185
2x3/135
2x3/125

I think I am going to have to start over with the new set up. Almost loaded the old one to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Maybe it is the lingering taste of failure on my tongue that is to blame. I missed a deadline, and there is nothing I can do about it.