Engine Overhaul

Well that’s 30 mins of my life I am never getting back! Maybe this will work.

VID 20161108 080214: - YouTube

Wow! Never take the vid with your son’s tablet and try to upload it thru your phone. This 75 which is close to 90%.

11/8/16
BP
1x5/65
1x3/75
1x2/80
1x1/85
1x2/75
1x3/75 (vid)

Missed the second attempt at 85 and then dropped back down to 75 for the vid. Okay @DBasler I think I’m pretty much hopeless, but let me have it.
The good news is… I am getting really good at throwing the 85 off of me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Go into video manager and switch the setting from private to unlisted. That will allow the video to show up in your log but it won’t show up in regular youtube listing. Can’t watch it when it is listed as private.

Okay, maybe it will work now. I had difficulties uploading that crap this morning. I thought that is what I had it set on, but appearently not. Duh!

Yes it worked!

I will start with the positive. You are getting some leg drive while keeping your butt down so we don’t need to make any lower body adjustments. Bar speed off the chest is good and your bar path is okay as well.

What we need to focus on is getting some upper body tightness. You unrack the bar and basically let it free fall to your chest. I think thet same cue we used with twojarslave that he had some instant success with will help you as well.

After you set your hands in position pull yourself up off the bench and pretend there is a quarter placed flat on your spine in between the meat of your lats. When pulled up off the bench pull your shoulder blades back and squeeze the quarter between your lats and then go back down to the bench. Maintain the feeling of squeezing the quarter between your lats throughout the press.

You can lower the bar quickly but it needs to be under control. As the bar approaches your chest focus on bringing your chest up to meet it.

Kpsnap had upper body tightness and bar path issues . She put in the work and got the upper body tightness down and has gotten really good at the raising her chest up to meet the bar cue which helps to maintain proper shoulder positioning. Since she has got both of these things accomplished her bar path greatly improved without having to do anything else. Her bench numbers have gone up and the improvement in her form makes me smile each time I see a video.

You will get there as well and I don’t think it will take you very long. Just focus on the things mentioned above on every rep of every set and you will improve quickly.

1 Like

Thank you Dave. I will work on it. I appreciate you taking time to help.

I look forward to watching you make progress. Keep shooting video.

11/9/16
BP
Well, that went so badly we aren’t even going to discuss it. :sob:

?x?/75
There is always the possibly that I have screwed myself up so badly, that it can’t be fixed. My hands will never be the same, ever. Might be the same with my back and shoulders. If they give you an epidural and it only numbs half your body, up might be fucked up! Doesn’t matter. I WILL bench at least my BW. Nuff said.

Sorry CL. I should have clarified that you should wait several days. You did a lot of max or near max benching yesterday.

Give it another shot either Sunday or Monday. You will be fine. Don’t be afraid to do a bunch of reps with just the bar or 55 pounds to get the cues dialed in and to learn how it should feel while you are pressing so that you can repeat it when the weight gets heavier. You will get it. I have no doubt.

Oh no Dave, you did fine, and I appreciate your help. The weight was not the issue. I’m a big girl and know the " rules". Problem is, I have never done very well following them. :smirk: (My wise momma agrees. Never been my thang.) Deep down inside I know what I need to do to get there, all that’s left is to Git’R Done!

11/9/16
P.M.
60 bw squat
60 HipT
60BPAs

1 Like

11/10/16
BP
1x1/75
1x2/75
1x3/75
1x1/80
1x2/80
1x2/80 missed the 3rd rep
Rest 2 mins
1x10/65 rep PR
1x7/65
1x3/65
1x3/65
1x5/65
Finally got the shoulder thing about the 7th set. Lost it by the 10th.
Last evening I was working up at Pimp Daddy’s, wiring a piece for a customer and his 18 y/o niece comes in. I have the piece leaned against the wall, and am in a full on, primal, ass to the grass squat. She says, “How can you do that?”
Me: Do what?
Her: Sit like that?
Me: Uh, just squat down.
18 y/o Volleyball player too stiff to squat. What? But she was going home to watch season 1 of Arrow on NetFlix…hahhahaha!

1 Like

11/11/16
BP
1x2/65
1x2/65
6x5/65

And I will keep doing it until I get it right. :smirk:

BP: - YouTube

1 Like

So… How’s the Bootyfication going?

Press videos look good, Did you follow the cues @DBasler ave on the back tightness?

The bootyification is still on going. I missed election night for obvious reasons. And I missed last night because I was just whooped. But will get it in tonight.
Thanks. I am working on it. I thinking I’m getting it anyway. Practice, practice, practice. I gave it rest today, well sort of, I help load a trailer with lighted yard art, weed eat and trimmed hegdes, raked, etc.
I didn’t plan on working near that hard today. I will continue the quest tomorrow.

1 Like

11/12/16
80 BW Squat

Oh I know that lesson.

I have the blown out gym shorts pic from squats somewhere… :wink:

1 Like

IT duct tape, hockey player, lifter, AND comedian. Hard to bellieve you’re still single. :joy:

1 Like

11/13/16
BP
3x3/65
1x3/75
1x2/75
1x1/85
1x1/85
3/4x1/90. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
0x2/90
1x3/75
1x2/75
3x3/65

First time I have even attempted 90. Got the bar almost to my chest and got it back up. But, did not get a full rep. :unamused:

1 Like

I know!

I live in the wrong state.

1 Like

Sorry I have been out of town and I’m just getting caught up. Very nice improvement on the bench.

Much more controlled than before and you did well with the bringing your chest up to meet the bar cue. Really try to pull your lats together and squeeze that imaginary quarter that sits on your spine between them before you unrack.

Great progress! Nice work CL.

1 Like

:grin: Thank you! Imma trying. Just got to keep at it. It would probably help if I had lats…lol. I think once I get stuff rearranged AGAIN and get back to doing the face pulls, lat pull downs, and rows, it will help. I messed up. I found a new cable machine, it was in pieces, and quite large. I was hoping to free up my better bench from the cable attachment. I don’t know if I don’t have it together right, or if it’s just not what a thought it would be. Either way, I am not feeling the love. Very short ROM and hurky jerky… ugh! I think I have a buyer for it so I can put my old one back up. Thank you for all your help. :heart_eyes:

1 Like