Engine Overhaul

Your mom is a wise women. You can definitely do it and she is right about stuffing your face as well,

I don’t think carrying extra bodyweight automatically helps you in either the squat or the deadlift but all other things being equal you will bench more at a heavier body weight.

1 Like

Thank you K. My mom is pretty awesome. She has no clue WHAT I’m talking about when I tell her I hit a bench PR, but she is happy, because it makes me happy. In her younger day she might have out lifted us both :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: She used to help my uncle out at his gas station and could break down a truck (18 wheeler) tire as well as any man. At that time she was 5’2" and weighed about 100lbs soaking wet. Then turn around, go home , get cleaned up, look drop dead gorgeous, and fix a 5 course meal.

I’m with you on the tennis :smirk:

1 Like

I’m trying boss, I’m trying. I figured it up and we averaged moving somewhere around 40,000 lbs a day, 5 days a week. Sometimes 18 hours a day. Did that for 2 years and probably a decent 30,000 lbs for 2 more after I finally got a better job. I am just not moving enough now. Going to have to suck it up and get with it. :wink:

1 Like

10/18/16
DL
Wu= 1x10/65
1x5/115
1x5/135
1x9/155
5x5/115

BP
6x5/65

So, yesterday I had to go over to help my dad get settled into a rehab facility. I actually had to get on the interstate :smirk: It’s been years since I have had to drive on the big road. Nope! Ain’t been missing nothing. Very hectic day, mostly because people don’t know where they work or at least how to get there.

I ended up shopping for a fan, because appearently this is the only hospital in central texas that doesn’t have one. Anyway, I ended up in Academy and when i walked in the door, I was like yeah! I could but some shit in here. I check some prices, felt up the dumbbells, and proceeded to look at the benches. They were all on display so I was checking the height. They called security on me…
:joy: I told him (with quite a bit of conviction) I really liked that one, because the 2 I have were too tall and I wasn’t getting enough leg drive! The look on his face was priceless. Picked up some creatine and ask about a fan, which they did not have, and checked out. What did they think I was going do? stuff the bench in cargo shorts and try to make it out the door?

1 Like

Aw moms are great when they are good moms. IDK you must look like a dodgy chick, I think all your muskles scared them into calling security.

1 Like

Uh… no. I am pretty sure that wasn’t it…lol

10/20/16

Squats BP, MP
Nothing worth listing

Just punching the clock.

That’s what ends up getting the work done.

1 Like

Great updates here; mom sounds wonderful.

Holiday blessings season is fast upon us; May your Family have many to finish this year.

Keep stuffing your face:)
Z

1 Like

Pretty much…As long as your seeing some form of progress your good.

1 Like

The secret ingredient is you. What you put into it.

CL, You’ll hit your goals, stay focused :wink:

1 Like

10/24/16

Wu= BW squats 10

1x5/75
1x5/90
1x6/105
1x23/75 (rep PR…lol)

BP
1x5/45
1x5/55
5x5/60

Incline BP
1x3/50

Squats went well, bench not so much. Just couldn’t get shit right. Just called it there. Will regroup and try again later.

1 Like

10/24/16
PM

Incline BB BP

10x5/50 (30 sec rest)

BO BB Rows
2x10/75
6x5/75

Single arm LPD
2x10/50

Curls
2x12/30

Okay, already. I did some assistance work.
Oh! And 60 BPAs while cooking breakfast.

1 Like

BPA’s…damn it, that there is something else I need to be doing…

1 Like

Alright, we are going to go spring dad from the rehab hospital today. Hopefully things will settle down a bit and get back on schedule. We got him a power recliner, so I am counting loading, unloading, and wrestling that thing up the steps and into his room as a workout. I also got a new (to me) toy. Had to disassemble, load, and unload that. Hope I will have time this evening to reassemble it. I’m gonna need a bigger gym…:grin:

1 Like

Yep wrestling furniture is a workout. I had to do a couch the other day, reupholster and move, 3 hours of workout.

Want pics of the gym!!!

The gain train as arrived…lol

My aunt brought us 12, eighteen packs of free range eggs… :joy:

1 Like

I did this ↓

So I deserve this ↑

1 Like

Ramblings to myself…y’all might want to pass this one up.

The last three weeks have been positively nerve wracking. I have gotten so far of track, I’m not sure where I am at. So… the thing to do now is to gather up the pieces and put it back together. A week of not getting to bed until after 1a.m. really screws up my shit. Missing work and having to run at a break neck pace to catch up, screws up my shit. Driving for hours and hours to get my dad fixed up, screws up my shit. Last week I was to the point of considering giving up on this whole thing. But damn it! I didn’t come this far, to only get this far.

I have had some really good strength gains from the hardgainer program, but find myself confused about certain aspects of it. He says the assistance should not be performed with same intensity as the main lifts. How is knocking out 100 reps of lat pull downs not the same intensity as as 30 squats of the same weight? Am I just not pushing myself hard enough on the main lifts? The thing I have figured out is, frequency makes a difference in how I look. Which is still part of my goals. I have the whole, “do you even lift bro” thing going right now. I want to “look” strong as well as be strong. Yeah, I know, we are supposed to choose one or the other. But, when shit gets messed up, I get discouraged when I look in the mirror. That probably doesn’t make any sense. See, this is the kind if thing that happens when I don’t lift for 5 days. My mind starts jumping all over the place and the darkness tries to creep back in. NO! You are no longer welcome here!
A good freind of mine is hooked on meth. He won’t admit to me that he does it, but I know he does. He knows I want to kick his ass. My ex and I used to call him our adopted son. He was coming down so hard yesterday he was bawling. It just rips my fucking heart out! I have told him repeatedly he needs help, but he refuses to acknowledge he has a problem. I have given up on trying to help him. You can’t help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves. So, I lift. To burn off the crazy.

And just when I start to question my sanity and purpose, my 11 y/o is in there building dodecahedrons. So, tomorrow I will start over, and try it a little different this time. It may work, it may not, I won’t know until I try.

Definitely don’t quit.

2 Likes